Friend is traveling through and sent a cryptic and slightly disturbing message. Any insights?

Fibonacci1123

"Some <deleted> up shit keeps going down. I think there is some Pattaya line chat group harassing me. Then I got into an argument about a ride fare and paid only a small amount due to misunderstanding. Then this morning I forgot to pay the fare on these group shuttle trucks because I hadn't slept. Most locals even in Bangkok seem to recognize me, start talking shit etc. I took the first bus here in the morning since Pattaya seemed threatening. They talk in Thai but I can tell they are talking about me and they all say the same thing. Some people have seemed threatening even. Not sure what to do. I went to the embassy and they brushed it off. This was after another incident however, where I think the secret police was doing an operation thinking I posed some sort of threat. This is because everyone is taking pictures of me and posting in that stupid chat. And I bought some organic fertilizer cleaner, which is harmless. Sounds crazy, but I swear it's true. I'm in Bangkok now, will probably crash somewhere to sleep and fly to phuket tomorrow. But not sure, we'll see if any more strangeness happens." 

Did he run afoul with some sort of mafia ring down there or something?  Or just being a paranoid tourist?  Just want to make sure their safety isn't in any jeopardy.

He should remember to pay his fare on the bus, the people on the bus in Pattaya probably telephoned their friends in Banglkok and warned them about a non fare paying felang .

As long as he remembers to pay his fare in future, he should be OK