West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

allesandro diamanti of livorno is now being touted as a possible signing

this week . w e do need someone up front and soon, but i dont know nothing about this fella??

hopefully carlton cole ,s confidence dont take a nosedive, as were already spread thin up front

maybe a hatrick tonight would help :)

this week . w e do need someone up front and soon, but i dont know nothing about this fella??

hopefully carlton cole ,s confidence dont take a nosedive, as were already spread thin up front

maybe a hatrick tonight would help :)

So is Pandev at Lazio but considering Lazio turned down a 12m bid from Zenit St Petersburg in January, i'd be amazed if we could get him..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...ran-Pandev.html

maybe a hatrick tonight would help :D

My prediction for tonight is 2.1 - with Cole to score twice and Harris to score for 'the other side'.

Should be a lively game. :)

My prediction for tonight is 2.1 - with Cole to score twice and Harris to score for 'the other side'.

id settle for your prediction there, and yep , generally a LIVELY affair :D

Put this in perspective. A first tier team at home versus a third tier side away. A two goal margin at least is my guess.

Put this in perspective. A first tier team at home versus a third tier side away. A two goal margin at least is my guess.

Difficult to call when there is pride at stake. Shame it's not on sky.

Difficult to call when there is pride at stake. Shame it's not on sky.

I just recall a few anticlimaxes when "the Wall" have played at UP. To me it's similar to when they got to the FA Cup -- dire affair really.

And rather pleasingly, Norw*ch met a similar fate when confronted by similar opposition last night ... and they were at home.

Think that it's on R5. But isn't WHU TV up and running now ? Singers is your authority on that one.

fact is , THEY,THEM, have only ever won once in their "existance", at west ham

and that was at least 20 years back, home win!! :D

I think that you'll find that Millwall have been in existence for a very long time. Before they moved sarf of the river they did beat West Ham, in one or another incarnations, several times. You'd need to check the records on that one though. Long before they were Surrey Dock scabs though. :)

fact is , THEY,THEM, have only ever won once in their "existance", at west ham

and that was at least 20 years back, home win!! :D

I think that you'll find that Millwall have been in existence for a very long time. Before they moved sarf of the river they did beat West Ham, in one or another incarnations, several times. You'd need to check the records on that one though. Long before they were Surrey Dock scabs though. :)

Correct West Ham have suffered many defeats at the hands of Millwall at home, the largest being a 7-1 loss in the London cup 1903-4 season. Check the stats. About even. With West Ham just edging it over the course of the two clubs history. The last meeting resulted in a 4-1 hammering at the New Den.

Just reading the news reports now. What a set back for English football. The score doesn't really mater. What a bunch of brainless holigans (not football fans) - on both sides. :)

Imbecilic thugs and morons without one shared brain cell between them. An embarrassment and a dirty mark on football that I'd thought had been sent back to the cages from where they escaped. :D

Compare and contrast with the brilliant scenes at the Oval on Sunday. Unfortunately, it's the behaviour of these animals that will get the publicity , not only in Britain but much further afield.

With West Ham fans upset about the portrayal in Green Street Holligans, this certainly doesn't help the reputation. But wasn't Millwall vs. West Ham always going to be a possibility for riots and fighting like this?

With West Ham fans upset about the portrayal in Green Street Holligans, this certainly doesn't help the reputation. But wasn't Millwall vs. West Ham always going to be a possibility for riots and fighting like this?

Upset about the portrayal in the Green Street film ? I don' know your reference group to form those opinions ? Most I know were more pissed because it was a stupid, badly acted and generally a very poor film.

The last time I was at a West Ham versus Millwall game -- that had attracted much pre-match publicity -- was in fact a match with much tension and, thankfully, very little else.

Yes, the amount of moronic behaviour has come as something of an unwanted surprise to many. But there again we'd all become gratefully complacent in thinking that those ugly days of the 70's and 80's were behind us. It's pointless blaming pre-match expectations in not having enough G8 type policing, etc. The blame lay totally on the mindless minority and those who encourage acting like knuckle-dragging apes. Or perhaps sheep would be more apt.

I didn't think it was a great film, but it wasn't that bad. I know MSingh said something about not liking the portrayal, so that's my reference group. I meant to say "some" West Ham fans.

Most judgments that I know of are from those heavily involved at the time. Cass, Bill Gardener , and others. With respect, Singers is a bit young for all that. Others that weren't involved just thought it a <deleted> film anyway. Also see KhaoNiaw's quip on your other thread.

Not that you'd expect anything other. But from the club site anyway ...

West Ham United statement

The club has issued a statement in response to the disturbances at Tuesday's Carling Cup match

West Ham United will fully investigate the deplorable scenes that took place during the Carling Cup tie with Millwall on Tuesday evening.

The club will not tolerate the unacceptable behaviour witnessed inside the Boleyn Ground and will take the strongest possible action against anyone found responsible, including life bans.

As was the case before, during and after the match, we are cooperating fully with the relevant agencies, including the police.

I didn't think it was a great film, but it wasn't that bad. I know MSingh said something about not liking the portrayal, so that's my reference group. I meant to say "some" West Ham fans.

Most judgments that I know of are from those heavily involved at the time. Cass, Bill Gardener , and others. With respect, Singers is a bit young for all that. Others that weren't involved just thought it a <deleted> film anyway. Also see KhaoNiaw's quip on your other thread.

I could hate a movie and you could love it, doesn't necessarily mean it's <deleted> to everyone. I actually liked it for entertainment value, but took it for what it was, a Hollywood movie.

And Singers is a bit young for what? 2005 when the movie came out? Or are you talking about when hooliganism was more commonplace such as back in the 80s?

I could hate a movie and you could love it, doesn't necessarily mean it's <deleted> to everyone. I actually liked it for entertainment value, but took it for what it was, a Hollywood movie.

I'm only commenting from a West Ham perspective.

And Singers is a bit young for what? 2005 when the movie came out? Or are you talking about when hooliganism was more commonplace such as back in the 80s?

70's and 80's. Difficult to comment on a film's accuracy if you weren't there. I was from the very start , but not involved. So I read and listen to what those who were have to say -- and one-hundred per cent say that it's crap. And 99.9 per cent of others (West Ham) that I know say the same from any perspective, and however young that they may be. No exaggeration. To the point where I've seen it on sale in the cheapo bins at a supermarket, I haven't given a second thought about buying it. There are ,apparently, better football hoolie films available, but none starring Elijah Wood. And I really don't need to hear any "cor blimey guv'nor" accents. The ludicrous Dick Van Dyke attempt, amusing as it was, wears a bit thin after hearing it the first time.

My guess would be that any football supporter -- who actually goes to games and likes films -- would say the same about the Green Street movie. Or as KhaoNiaw intimates, it really is a standing joke. :)

Edited by Happy Hammer

I personally don't know how i'm too young to actually have the opinion that i didn't like the portrayal of the Film but there we go, i don't actually understand a lot of HH Posts but there we go.. :)

I'm 30 for the record & was a regular at Upton Park & numerous Away Grounds ( 52 in England so far along with France, Finland, Holland, US, Canada & China ), since 1984.

I'm 30 for the record & was a regular at Upton Park & numerous Away Grounds ( 52 in England so far along with France, Finland, Holland, US, Canada & China ), since 1984.

I'm not having that Singhy you was 32 five years ago :) you must be going backwards as you get older :D .

I'm not having that Singhy you was 32 five years ago :) you must be going backwards as you get older :D .

I look about 26 when i have a shave too, don't i imola ?? :D

I'm not having that Singhy you was 32 five years ago :D you must be going backwards as you get older :D .

I look about 26 when i have a shave too, don't i imola ?? :D

26, yeh probly, :) mate, tell ya the truth i wouldnt a thought you weighed any more

than say, 16- 17 :D

We have another Striker, HOORAY !!! :)

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1780384,00.html

dont know enough about the bloke to make any judgement, but he did get 18 goals in 37 games

for livorno, unfortunately he wasnt signed in time to be registred to play at blackburn, maybe

1 weeks training , with his new teamates etc would be better than thrown in at the deepend, ie unfamiliar with tactics, set pieces etc, also takes a bit of pressure off carlton cole.