Condos in Hua Hin, Cha-am still popular

webfact

Condos in Hua Hin, Cha-am still popular
By SOMLUCK SRIMALEE 
THE NATION 

78b5388551bd060ff25ffc70065bc290.jpeg

HUA HIN: -- CONDOMINIUMS IN coastal tourism destinations such as Hua Hin and Cha-am can be very attractive long-term investments as they continue to be popular among local and foreign tourists, a property agency’s survey showed. 

A survey by Plus Property Co Ltd, a property agency arm of Sansiri Plc, said the market response rate for Hua Hin and Cha-am stood at 72 per cent, with a high demand for property in Cha-Am and Khao Takiab. 

Phuket real estate is also on the rise, with 50 per cent sales volume in condominium, detached homes and townhouse markets after property developers began targeting high-end customers.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/property/30301244

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-12-09

The ENERGY project near Cha-am looks beautiful and well landscaped, but I would be really interested to know exactly how many of the 6000 condos there have been sold so far.  There also seem to be numerous other new condos built near Cha-am with "Sale or Rent" signs still on show after many months, plus many new "gated village" developments in progress a bit closer to Hua Hin on the canal road, each with 50 or 60 dwellings.  Where are all the buyers?

Of course the " ... survey by Plus Property Co Ltd, a property agency arm of Sansiri Plc ..." is going to day good things, as Sansiri wants to make more profit by building more condos.

The fact is, however, if you travel around Hua Hin at night one rarely sees lights on in more than 5-10% of condos, even on long holiday weekends and during foreign tourist high season (like, now).

Friends in the real estate industry in Hua Hin tell me that very very very few new dwellings are not being sold, and that there is a huge over-supply of new dwellings.

2 hours ago, JimHuaHin said:

Friends in the real estate industry in Hua Hin tell me that very very very few new dwellings are not being sold, and that there is a huge over-supply of new dwellings.

Hmm .... "few new dwellings are not being sold" ... means that they are being sold.  "there is a huge over supply" ... means that lots waiting to be sold that suggests that they are not being sold.

So which is it?

:sleep:

There was another news report in bangkok post couple weeks ago saying condo sales are down even in Hua Hin. But given the bad economy it seems about right, it may be attractive but I think there is more supply than demand which is the main problem.

15 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

The ENERGY project near Cha-am looks beautiful and well landscaped, but I would be really interested to know exactly how many of the 6000 condos there have been sold so far.  There also seem to be numerous other new condos built near Cha-am with "Sale or Rent" signs still on show after many months, plus many new "gated village" developments in progress a bit closer to Hua Hin on the canal road, each with 50 or 60 dwellings.  Where are all the buyers?

a money laundering project with no residents...

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 5:57 PM, JimHuaHin said:

Of course the " ... survey by Plus Property Co Ltd, a property agency arm of Sansiri Plc ..." is going to day good things, as Sansiri wants to make more profit by building more condos.

The fact is, however, if you travel around Hua Hin at night one rarely sees lights on in more than 5-10% of condos, even on long holiday weekends and during foreign tourist high season (like, now).

Condos are used predominately by holiday makers, holiday makers tend to go out in the evenings hence why no lighting is on.

Lol the poor renters still preying for a real estate mark collapse.. Waiting.. Waiting. Waiting

Honestly most of you have been ripped off so many times by crooked landlords stealing 2 months deposit that you could have bought a cheapie 500k crappy little condo with the lost cash!

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mcfish said:

Lol the poor renters still preying for a real estate mark collapse.. Waiting.. Waiting. Waiting

Honestly most of you have been ripped off so many times by crooked landlords stealing 2 months deposit that you could have bought a cheapie 500k crappy little condo with the lost cash!

500k condo, would that be in Nan province?

I here you can get a great deal on a sea view condo there :wink:

53 minutes ago, bokningar said:

500k condo, would that be in Nan province?

I here you can get a great deal on a sea view condo there :wink:

I can sell you one with seaview in Chonburi for slightly over 500k (of course it is 30 sqm but I suppose you did not expect more)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2016 at 3:52 AM, baansgr said:

Condos are used predominately by holiday makers, holiday makers tend to go out in the evenings hence why no lighting is on.

Seriously? Hua Hin is  dead after 10 pm.

On 12/12/2016 at 5:23 AM, mcfish said:

Haven't  been ripped off, but delighted to not be stuck in a location that changed significantly 4 months after   arriving. My old condo in Patong had an alcoholic wacko who showed up  when I wasn't there, so I never experienced him. Then he  arrived and boy was it unpleasant.  Glad I wasn't a  unit owner. In Hua Hin last year, my friend  had some idiot burning rubbish at 5 pm every day. Big black cloud would drift down choking everything. I was glad I wasn't the unit  holder facing the  fire pit.   

I like having cash on hand and not tied up in a country where one doesn't know if I will be allowed to stay next year.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:57 PM, falang07 said:

I can sell you one with seaview in Chonburi for slightly over 500k (of course it is 30 sqm but I suppose you did not expect more)

I am fat old farang.  My coffin (I have one premade) is not much smaller than 30sqm.  But it doesn't have a view.

On 12/12/2016 at 3:52 PM, baansgr said:

sorry to disagree. i live in Hua Hin. the condos are empty. even on holiday weekends there are no lights on all night and no cars in the lots. typically you will see one or two units with people in them and all the rest dark. 

the condos here are like ghost towns all year round.

the new Sansiri 20 story tower near soi 112 is almost completely dark every night.

I am not saying the condos did not sell. Super rich Thais from Bangkok buy entire floors of these building as "investments".

And of course real estate agents in Thailand are so full of BS they will tell you anything you want to hear.

Archived