What Products From Back Home Are You Missing Here In Thailand?

george

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a huge parcel of Tetley tea bags in Banchang, Rayong. One of the restaurants there orders and sells them. :o I have a cuppa every morning at work. (PM me for name and phone no. of restaurant).

Viz comic I have seen in Bookazine Pattaya, Fat slags and all,... :D

What do I miss? - Branston's relish; Marks & Spencer undies and socks; fresh cuts of lamb; good pork pies; quality chocolates; Marmite; etc. No big deal really. :D

Edited by kmart

Virtually everything on the list so far is available to me in BKK (she says smugly) :D , anything I want that isn't there or unjustifiably expensive I make pickle etc. The only thing I can't manage is marmite but I just get tons bought out by friends and relatives. I would agree with Stella Artois and haffa cakes though, also big bosom bras and lovely liquorice especually the basset hard stuff....... :D and Crunchie bars, I am actually drooling now and it's not pretty :o:D

Brillaint idea though good luck with it.

Another thing that has just struck me is children's toothpaste. Quality stuff colgate etc, not the bubblegum flavoured tut taht is available here!

Most things mentioned above are available here, if you know where to go. The following however are next to impossible to find, at least in Chiang Mai.

Size 13+ shoes.

Good beef or pork for roasting.

Neck end lamb for stewing. Why can we only find the roasting cuts.

Decent offal. Veal liver, kidneys or sweatbreads, (Lamb the same.)

Other meats.

Second the call for Atora Suet above.

English beer.

Scrumpy.

Good vinegars and or oils.

Baby peas.

Bitters

Good quality beeswax furniture polish.

Most of the items that come to mind for myself are food products.

- Diet A&W Root Beer

- Twinkies

- NyQuil (Night time)

- Cheddar Cheese (Orange color, not that horrible white stuff! )

- Moose Head (Canadian Beer)

- Crown Royal (Canadian Bourbon)

- Digital Alam Clock (LED) in 12 hour format

- Book JavaScript Bible (Fith Edition)

- Audio/Video Recievers (without the 100% markup found at places like NumChai)

- GPS units

- Name Brand high quality Compound Bow, arrows, and accessories ( for hobby shooters)

- Home Alarm systems (that can alert you via mobile phone SMS)

- Desk lamp with retractable arm and round magnifying glass

-- SWIM SUITES & UNDERWEAR FARANG SIZES !!!

Italian expresso coffee...:o

Ahh the deep satisfaction of living in Chiang Mai with not one, not two, but three Rimping Supermarkets - take your pick of REAL Italian Expresso beans or ground - expensive but so good.

There are now four Rimpings. The latest at Kad Farang, Hang Dong.

Could do with being able to purchase booze at times the supermarket is open, rather than the current ridiculous restrictions. I fail to understand the logic behind forcing people to buy case loads at other times. How does it make us drink less???

Would be good to arrange a clearing house for Amazon.com purchases to reduce the cost of shipping. Currently the shipping is often more than the book etc. (I might be willing to set this up if others are interested.)

Pontefract cakes. if we are on the subject of liquorice.

Double cream or, even better, decent clotted cream.

Good Wiltshire ham on the bone.

Geo F Trumper grooming products.

you CAN get a lot of stuff in villa, but much of it is out of date. many of us dont live in bkk, so its perfect.

i agree with the person who requested vitamins too. hard to get here.

Ditto on the vitamins childrens chewable vitamins do not exist here that I have ever found other then vitamin C

You poor buggers up there in Issan...Here on Samui you can find almost anything if you look and can fork over the price. Even Euro chocolate is stocked in Tops here and loads of legit coffee beans including Sumatra.

I couldn't find Lao Beer in BKK but its all over the Island here.

Samui is strange indeed but in a good way.

Real French bread; You know, that thick crusty kind you find in France and San Francisco. A German baker here is trying and almost got it.

But I sure would like to sink my teeth into a thick top sirloin hamburger sometime, but that, I'm afraid, is not going to happen even on Samui.

Big buckets of vegemite.

Good toasted muesli with dried apricots.

Ribena.

Crumpets…both golden and old fashioned fat variety.

TV snacks (not sure correct name, but small finger biscuits covered in chocolate)

Green pickles from Oz…for sandwiches not the whole ones.

Four N twenty pies and sausage rolls.

Sao biscuits.