Congratulations ... it's a Tops

Dexlowe

Just now, thailand49 said:

The more option the better, means less traffic into town on Sukhumvit. Tunnel or no tunnel!  Just won't be able to visit when it rains hard.. the Soi is like a waterfall?

yeah it appears to have underground car parking, I'd avoid that if it is raining !!

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

yeah it appears to have underground car parking, I'd avoid that if it is raining !!

I use to do some rafting the last rain storm seeing the Soi the rush of water going down had a idea then I had second thoughts whether I could stop at the bridge?

4 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

I like Tops as a Supermarket....

they stock European Low cal and fat free products, which are impossible,to buy in any Thai Supermarket....

Thai  Products are laced with Salt, Sugar, Syrup, ......

so Tops for me is TOPS....

Can you find these items at the other stores?  Friendship or Foodland?  Thai supermakets have a very limited selection of foreign products.  Basic stuff only.  Sadly...

2 minutes ago, joepattaya1961 said:

The "Tops"-sign is the first sign that went up.

In actual fact the new structure is a Thai-style shoppingmall under Chok Chai Development and Tops will be part of it

The place is called "The Chilled".

I eagerly await the opening of this " Tops Supermarket ".

There will probably be very little in the way of any " Tops Supermarket " as we know it, and will be more of the cheap, tacky,  stalls every meter of floor space retail outlets,

After all, there will surely be more profits for the developers in renting the floor space than having a supermarket .

Market research will have shown this developer the lack of potential for over priced goods in a store, after the demise of the " Villa Supermarket " which was situated directly opposite this new proposed retail outlet.

6 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I eagerly await the opening of this " Tops Supermarket ".

There will probably be very little in the way of any " Tops Supermarket " as we know it, and will be more of the cheap, tacky,  stalls every meter of floor space retail outlets,

After all, there will surely be more profits for the developers in renting the floor space than having a supermarket .

Market research will have shown this developer the lack of potential for over priced goods in a store, after the demise of the " Villa Supermarket " which was situated directly opposite this new proposed retail outlet.

Tops is the anchor store for the shopping mall called "The Chilled".

The Villa across the road had nothing to do with Villa Supermarkets.

Artist renders from the CC facebook page.

12710701_929718837135818_7320146918925075767_o.jpg12710921_929718897135812_1985297285653334335_o.jpg12671612_929718920469143_903945465115741624_o.jpg12697043_929718993802469_5942804690905099318_o.jpg12698577_929718970469138_9067968840412875457_o.jpg12719642_929719007135801_7429205269508706432_o.jpg

Edited by Don Mega

16 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Wow, people actually are *happy* to overpay @ tops?  The only thing I buy there is German 100% rye bread--available at every Traders Joe's in America, but only available at Tops in Thailand.  You guys have no idea how much variety of food is available in America.

If you think Tops or Central are expensive for food, get on the bus to Bangkok and visit the "Gourmet Market" grocers ones find in Terminal 21 and other similar malls. Their prices make Tops and Central look like a German discount chain. 90B for one croissant, anyone?

Presumably when Terminal 21 opens at the Dolphin roundabout here we will have the chance to pay those incredibly high prices without going all the way to Bangkok.

As far as I can see Tops markets and the Central food store in Central Festival are very similar indeed, with the Central one being an upmarket version with many more imported and high-end products. The extended salad bar and cooked food counters are particularly good in the newly expanded basement store in Central.

4 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

As far as I can see Tops markets and the Central food store in Central Festival are very similar indeed, with the Central one being an upmarket version with many more imported and high-end products. The extended salad bar and cooked food counters are particularly good in the newly expanded basement store in Central.

Yeah I reckon this new tops is aimed squarely at the many thousands of Non Thai's that live in the local vicinity and will stock the shelves accordingly.

I was hoping for a foodland though.

Edited by Don Mega

18 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Wow, people actually are *happy* to overpay @ tops?  The only thing I buy there is German 100% rye bread--available at every Traders Joe's in America, but only available at Tops in Thailand.  You guys have no idea how much variety of food is available in America.  No one moves to Pattaya for great food.  Or golf. ?

Oh my! How will any other nation hold its head up ever again?  I guess Taipei, Shanghai, Singapore, Montreal, Paris, London, Rome, Sydney, Copenhagen, Monte Carlo, Auckland, Berlin, Brussels, Amsterdam, Rio Janeiro, Panama City, Zurich, et al, can only hang their heads in shame.  :whistling:

The new TOPS will be worth it, even if it can cut down the number of crossings by a few times a month. To me though, the more valuable news will be when NPW is reconnected with Klang. 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

On 12/10/2016 at 0:18 AM, Suradit69 said:

Have you visited the Tops at Tukcom recently? Complete makeover and much improved. They've taken over most of the lower level including that small dismal food court. I still prefer Friendship, but there are things at Tops that can't be found at Friendship.

The supermarket at Central Festival is also a Tops. I use my "The 1 Card" there, so it must be ... even though I don't think there's any signage to that effect.

That old food court was pretty bad.  With all the people in that building workers and customers, they should have done something to market it better.  Keep the people in the building longer, make it a better shopping experience.  But of course the food court items would be basic Thai things and just not unique and people can get similar things elsewhere

as any other super-market, wherever, the assortment is constantly adjusted to its clientele. 

There was a talk about the Tops at TukCom....for sure they offer less Western products because there is less demand. 

From the start, the Tops at the Chilled may offer a similar range of products as the Tops at Central, but after a while you may see products disappear due to lack of demand.