Congratulations ... it's a Tops

Dexlowe

After a long gestation period, this structure on Khao Noi has now revealed itself: a Tops supermarket, the first such on the darkside, I guess. I hope and pray it's as good as the Tops at Central Festival which has a great selection of prepared food, especially the roast veg.

Does this dramatic move into the suburban consumer age spell a new era for the darkside? Will my property price increase equally dramatically? These are exciting times.

Topsss.jpg

Personally I was hoping that it would either be a Friendship or a Foodland, I used to shop in tops 10 years ago when I lived right behind Tuckom, wasn't overly impressed by that store back then and I do believe the supermarket in Central is not a Tops but something else.

1 minute ago, Pungdo said:

Personally I was hoping that it would either be a Friendship or a Foodland, I used to shop in tops 10 years ago when I lived right behind Tuckom, wasn't overly impressed by that store back then and I do believe the supermarket in Central is not a Tops but something else.

That's a Central Food Hall. 

The super market in Central Festival the Beach  is indeed a TOPS  they  carry a range of "expensive" products they also have some products from  Waitrose a  high end UK supermarket.

The TOPS in the Tukcom basement has recently been overhauled and expanded its much better now.

14 minutes ago, Pungdo said:

Have you visited the Tops at Tukcom recently? Complete makeover and much improved. They've taken over most of the lower level including that small dismal food court. I still prefer Friendship, but there are things at Tops that can't be found at Friendship.

The supermarket at Central Festival is also a Tops. I use my "The 1 Card" there, so it must be ... even though I don't think there's any signage to that effect.

Edited by Suradit69

11 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Have you visited the Tops at Tukcom recently? Complete makeover and much improved.

No I haven't but I was in that other store in the basement a month or so ago and noticed it had been made over, I was a little short on time so didn't go in and have a look.

5 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

For people travelling in from Ban Amphur/Bang Saray area, this will be much easier to get to than the similar supermarkets on the "bright" side.

Will it be a full size Tops with plenty of parking space?

I'm not so sure.  Crossing those railway lines is no fun.  The traffic up that soi is absolutely terrible.  But yes, not easy to get to Friendship and I've given up on Central Festival (prices, traffic, parking, etc).  Foodland will be back to normal when you can head back south from Klang.  Relatively easy in and out.

Google maps hasn't updated this area since 2012 so its not showing  but I believe this is the area

Tops

and yes crossing those railway lines at the wrong time is a nightmare, nobody wants to give way and it ends in total gridlock

people coming from Bahn Amphur would be better served just carrying on along Sukhumvit to get to the Tesco/Big C  at South Pattaya junction rather than mess with the railway line.

Edited by johng

Wow, people actually are *happy* to overpay @ tops?  The only thing I buy there is German 100% rye bread--available at every Traders Joe's in America, but only available at Tops in Thailand.  You guys have no idea how much variety of food is available in America.  No one moves to Pattaya for great food.  Or golf. ?

2 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Wow, people actually are *happy* to overpay @ tops?  The only thing I buy there is German 100% rye bread--available at every Traders Joe's in America, but only available at Tops in Thailand.  You guys have no idea how much variety of food is available in America.  No one moves to Pattaya for great food.  Or golf. ?

Wow, they have food in America.. amazing.