Video: Driver nods off but cheats death as car flips on motorway

rooster59

Video: Driver nods off but cheats death as car flips on motorway

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOtTyuRmywhqHhHVGFRFy7kZQvWD8FJSORnvSs4wD.jpg
Image: Thairath

A car driver had a very lucky escape after nodding off at the wheel on the Bangkok to Chonburi motorway.

Footage caught on a dash cam in a car following shows the car veer across the road before brushing the side of a gas tanker.

The car then flips multiple times and it is all caught on camera.

Police said that the driver suffered only minor injuries. The accident happened last Sunday but was posted later in the week on the Facebook page of Oat Korakot then shared to fan page Youlike (clip det).

It was viewed by 364,000 people by yesterday.

Police said that the driver had fallen asleep at the wheel.

The force warned the public about taking a break if motorists feel sleepy and advised everyone on the road to keep their speed under 120 km/hour especially on the up and down slopes of bridges along the motorway.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-11

29 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

That guy is lucky to be alive, only suffered minor injuries, wow! I'd like to know the make of that car. Wasn't a volvo was it?

It looks like  a toyota altis from the other video shown on the youlike thread. That view was from the truck cabin looking towards the rear. The driver is certainly lucky not to have sustained serious injuries. 

54 minutes ago, DavisH said:

It looks like  a toyota altis from the other video shown on the youlike thread. That view was from the truck cabin looking towards the rear. The driver is certainly lucky not to have sustained serious injuries. 

Can't find another video on youlike but I did find a photo of the upturned car.

15403754_1422983314414793_7500498223716776755_o.jpg

i saw an old guy fall asleep, flip his car in a ditch.  i pulled him out the car, all bloody, and all he said was "man, i hope my car car is OK."  If he was opposite handed, i wonder if his stronger hand would have pulled him into the opposite traffic and maybe killed a family.

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

I got it.

15318908_1252288188178007_25654106290577

Edited by Wilsonandson

Yet when I berate my wife's know it all son for driving with no seat belts on, kids roaming free in the car and even sitting on the centre console to watch the tv that the idiot installed, I know nothing. 

Well ill I will not contribute one sating to his funeral costs when, not if, the clever sod wipes himself and his family over the tarmac on some road somewhere. I told him as much as well.

And somewhat different from many other accidents as well - this driver did not run away! :whistling: 

I wish the driver a speedy recovery. Do you think the driver's family and friends will learn from this near death experience? Hmmmm..............

I know we hear that Thais can sleep anywhere, but behind the wheel of a car just isn't funny if one drives into you. I had one crash right opposite my house, sailing over a ditch and into the upper branches of a tree before crashing down and stopping inches from a house. Totally wrecked his car. The driver admitted he was tired but only had 10 kms to go and wanted to get home. His insurance had expired the previous day too.