Border run Hat Lek border crossing

I am in Trat on a non-immigrant-O visa, and intend to do a borderrun on the 22nd of December at the Hat Lek border crossing, meaning stamp out and in on the same day.

I just wondered if this is still possible , I understand that at some landborders people have not been allowed back in, in spite of valid non-imm.-O visa's.

Any information is much appreciated (including the current price of a cambodian visa and the "same day back" bribe).

1 minute ago, BWPattaya said:

Yes. It should be $30 but last time I went they wanted $10 extra. It took me ages to get it down to $5. They even took me inside so that the others in the queue weren't aware

The Cambodian side there is more difficult than other Cambodian crossings.  At most crossings, a 100-Baht tip will do for a VOA, but the Koh Kong crossing is notorious for pushing for more. 

I haven't heard what their "same day return" fee is - reports of 300 Baht at some crossings.  Perhaps your $10-offer (negotiated to $5) was a package deal for VOA "tip" + "same day return" fee?

• Like 1

If you give $35 that they desserve, they are happy and let you go.

Don't say that you come back the same day, then they don't ask 300 thb more, and when you come back nobody will notice and care that you left and came back immediately.

This border is good and only stupid backpackers who are proud to show their stupidity on their blogs, complain that it's a bad place.

Sooo.... Still same old-same old. It's the  regular 1200 baht visa price and an extra 300 for same day return, then. Plus of course the compulsary 20 baht for the whooping-cough, naturally.

Thanks everybody, and  special thanks to Ubon-Joe.

12 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

I have never paid more than the price for a Cambodian visa nor even been asked,  I put a $20 and a $10 when i apply.

Hello, do you know where is the closest place to a border where I could extend my ordinary visa for a 1 year visa multiple entries ?

And where is the closest place to a border to get a Cambodian driving license ?

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, autoc said:

Hello, do you know where is the closest place to a border where I could extend my ordinary visa for a 1 year visa multiple entries ?

And where is the closest place to a border to get a Cambodian driving license ?

Thanks.

I believe the one-year, multiple-entry Cambodian visa is always processed in Phnom Penh. However, it can be arranged by an agent,. You can certainly find agents in Siem Reap, and probably in Battambang (if you prefer there).

I cannot help you on Cambodian driving licenses. My guess is that it is just the matter of a few dollars at a local government office somewhere. One thing I do know: if you plan driving around much in Cambodia, budget for regular unofficial tolls at police roadblocks.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I believe the one-year, multiple-entry Cambodian visa is always processed in Phnom Penh. However, it can be arranged by an agent,. You can certainly find agents in Siem Reap, and probably in Battambang (if you prefer there).

I cannot help you on Cambodian driving licenses. My guess is that it is just the matter of a few dollars at a local government office somewhere. One thing I do know: if you plan driving around much in Cambodia, budget for regular unofficial tolls at police roadblocks.

Thank you, but I would like agents not far from a border, I have no interest to go deep in Cambodia but need to go often and need a permanent visa and driving license.

IF anybody knows an agent, thank you <3

4 hours ago, autoc said:

Thank you, but I would like agents not far from a border, I have no interest to go deep in Cambodia but need to go often and need a permanent visa and driving license.

IF anybody knows an agent, thank you <3

I think the only agents available without traveling to the nearest large towns in Cambodia might be visa run companies in Thailand, who allow you to remain at the border while they arrange Thai visas in Phnom Penh. I have not heard much about these services recently, but I know a couple of companies were in operation a couple of years ago. If the service for Thai visas still exists, they could certainly arrange the Cambodian multiple-entry for a price. I suggest you phone around.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Mike West said:

How did the visa run go there at Had Lek?

Last post on this thread above yours was Dec 2016, but best to get an eVisa for Cambodia if using that crossing.  The Thai side is fine, but the Cambodian side has an awful reputation when it comes to getting your VOA.