Retirement renewal checklist?

Hi,

I am renewing my retirement visa soon . Been looking online to find what it is I'll need. Since the regulations change now and then , I was hoping someone could verify the following;

1.        Form TM 7
2.        1 photo
3.        Verification of Income letter
4.        Deposit verification letter from your Thai Bank (If needed)
5.        Copy of bank saving book (if needed)  Sign every page
6.        Copy of Passport  (Sign every page)
7.        Evidence of your current address (If needed)
8.        Foreign National Information Form 

9.        Email receipt for form TM 30
10.      Fee 1900 Baht

I have the income letter so I don't need  numbers 4 and 5.

Have the TM-30

no problem with the forms, passport copies,and have a copy of my lease and a copy of the owners I.D.

Can someone tell me the size /type of photo(s) I need and how many?

if I am missing anything in the list?

I'll be doing this at Chiang Mai immigration. Where I applied the original time.

Appreciate any info.

Thanks ...

1 minute ago, Ryder88 said:

thankyou....on the information form itself the sample form says white background

..there is a photo shop next door to immigration @  the promenada ..is that right?

That depends upon the information form you found. There are several versions of it from different offices.

Yes there is a photo shop near immigration according to posts I have read.

16 hours ago, Ryder88 said:

Copy of Passport  (Sign every page)

You should sign every photocopy page, including pages from bankbook etc.,which means you are claiming them to be true copies.

Put your phone number below signature on second page to TM7.

If you're printing out the TM7 form it should be on two sides of a single piece of paper, not on two sheets of paper.

• Like 1

I also have a question on the Form TM-30, which I understand is a notification of residence that an owner of a hotel or home is required to file when they accommodate a foreign national.  I have been renewing my retirement extension of stay at Chaeng Wattana for years now and have never had to submit that form.  Is it a new requirement or is it only for other immigration offices?

Cheers

TG

3 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

I also have a question on the Form TM-30, which I understand is a notification of residence that an owner of a hotel or home is required to file when they accommodate a foreign national.  I have been renewing my retirement extension of stay at Chaeng Wattana for years now and have never had to submit that form.  Is it a new requirement or is it only for other immigration offices?

Cheers

TG

I just got my extension at CW last week and they did not ask for one. I did have to sign some form they gave me there attesting to my address, but they did not ask for my lease or anything else to prove my address. Also did not have to fill out the dreaded "Information Form". The process was relatively painless, aside from the 2 1/2 hour wait. Don't get me started about the nightmare of getting a re-entry permit, it was a total cluster___. I should have left and done it at the airport - never again.

1 hour ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Cheers

TG

From what I understand ,according to a friend at one of the visa agencies, immigration wants a copy. 6 months ago they did'nt. this is in CM ..don't know about other locations.

Edited by Ryder88

1 hour ago, snoopy21 said:

I am going to do my renewal by the end of this month too. 

Can I know what is Foreign National Information Form, and Email receipt for Form TM30? And where can I download them?

Thanks a million!

that list that I initially posted is from a website Dons Life in Thailand. The info. was posted by him and dated June 2016

http://donslifeinthailand.com/VISA-Information-Thailand.html

you can download forms from there.

From what I've been told the TM-30  is something that needs to be filed by the owner or manager of where you're staying. within 24 hrs. of your arrival. The ''e-mail '' reference  is irrelevant if you are actually in the place you're renting..  the TM-30 is a simple form basic info. then a receipt at the bottom that immigration fills out. Most condo/hotel/apartment owners can do it online. In my case The owner of the condo where I rent did it online . gave me verification... She would'nt go to airport immigration so I went,,,because she filed online it was no problem. They gave me the TM-30 receipt . That is part of the paperwork that I'll need to take to  Promenada imm. when I renew my visa...along with the rest of the docs.

After two extensions based on marriage I'm going to change to retirement as I have sufficient income,it's easier and immigration prefer it as less work for them. My current extension expires 24 January and have always got the full year based on the anniversary of extensions probably because the 30 day under consideration takes it beyond that. As the retirement extension is granted on the spot will they post date it to 24 January if I do it a week or two before or will I effectively lose that time on my new extension? Korat office is usually very helpful and trouble free and we have a good relationship  with them.

36 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

After two extensions based on marriage I'm going to change to retirement as I have sufficient income,it's easier and immigration prefer it as less work for them. My current extension expires 24 January and have always got the full year based on the anniversary of extensions probably because the 30 day under consideration takes it beyond that. As the retirement extension is granted on the spot will they post date it to 24 January if I do it a week or two before or will I effectively lose that time on my new extension? Korat office is usually very helpful and trouble free and we have a good relationship  with them.

You can apply for the extension of stay up to 30 days early and you will loose no days since the extension will start from the date your current one ends.

UbonJoe is right, it can vary office to office. The immigration I go to if you are relying on income for your extension (the OP seems to imply this) then one would need 2 copies of everything as one set goes to BKK and then wait a month. However, this is certainly not the procedure that others have experienced so the best is to go ask at the office you intend to use.

5 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

UbonJoe is right, it can vary office to office. The immigration I go to if you are relying on income for your extension (the OP seems to imply this) then one would need 2 copies of everything as one set goes to BKK and then wait a month. However, this is certainly not the procedure that others have experienced so the best is to go ask at the office you intend to use.

Those are the requirements for an extension based upon marriage he was writing about.

Go to Phitsanulok. Did it last week in 30 minutes. Just bank book copies, which they did for me, passport copies,  and letter from British Consulate. And a photo with a white background. Nothing else apart from Bht 1900.

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

I had been on marriage extensions for the last nine years and got fed up with the extra crap they came up with every year. July this year I changed to retirement, applied seven days prior to expiration. My new extension was dated from the day I applied, not from when my old extension expired - Hua Hin immi.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the extension of stay up to 30 days early and you will loose no days since the extension will start from the date your current one ends.

That may depend on the office. When I changed from marriage to retirement, the retirement started the day I applied. I lost 10 days.

On 13/12/2016 at 8:45 PM, zaZa9 said:

In Phuket they are asking for a pic of the applicant  in front of his house numbers lately...

sounds like they are mixing up (or newly applying) the retirement extension paperwork requirements. Which raises an interesting question, has anyone applying for the marriage extension been asked for a copy of your savings history for 3 months, certified by the bank (as is the case for retirement extension?)