2016 Poster of the Year Poll

Ron19

2016 Poster Of The Year  

217 members have voted

1. 1. SECTION No 1- Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• GuestHouse
    • geriatrickid
    • mesquite
    • kenk24
    • Mitkof Island
    • daveAustin
    • JAFO
    • Grouse
    • baboon
    • JAG
    • Cockwomble
    • RuamRudy
    • Lostinisaan
    • Bluespunk
    • wanderluster
    • NONE OF THESE
  2. 2. SECTION No 2 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• Naam
    • NeverSure
    • JSixpack
    • villagefarang
    • RakJungTorlae
    • Richard W
    • canukamuck
    • nontabury
    • pigeonjake
    • smokie36
    • worgeordie
    • ClutchClark
    • elgordo38
    • helpisgood
    • Greenside
    • Paul Catton
    • NONE OF THESE
  3. 3. SECTION No 3 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• NongKhaiKid
    • transam
    • amykat
    • pgrahmm
    • alfieconn
    • sirineou
    • smutcakes
    • kickstart
    • kannot
    • StreetCowboy
    • simple1
    • 7by7
    • Donutz
    • ratcatcher
    • JJGreen
    • NONE OF THESE

This poll is closed to new votes

On 14/12/2016 at 0:28 PM, Jingthing said:

I wanted it. I got it. Far from easily. I was in the running for years before the win. There was intrigue.

It didn't make me younger, thinner, sexier, or richer ...

I get the feeling that after last year's "drama" transam really needs to win this. He won't admit it, but it's obvious. 

Not sure that's an argument to give it to him, but there you have it. 

BTW, I spoke too soon that campaigning is futile. It won't have the power it did before on the VOTING thread because you can't change your votes anymore, but I reckon there will probably be some (or a LOT) of nudging at the local forum levels.

For example if a candidate is well known on specific subforums, they could try to drive people to go to this voting thread and persuade them to vote for them, or whoever they're campaigning for. 

There is also unseen lobbying. Old boys club, don't you know? 

Especially if it's close and only a vote or two makes a difference. 

This might be more likely to happen after the TOP FIVE are selected. 

Yawn yawn

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, villagefarang said:

So now it is my fault people are too lazy to read and I have to repost what the OP said from the very beginning.  It is kind of like the guy standing in front of the fruit vendor with a large obvious sign quoting the price and then asking, "How much?".  Certain people simply aren't going to vote for me and I have no plans to pander to their egos.  Some people like me and some people don't, nothing unusual about that.

To clarify another misread, it is 40 years in Thailand not 40 years in Chiang Rai.  The first 30 years were in Bangkok.:smile:

Spoken like a true leader!!!!

An update .....

Trans was seen going into his tailor's shop, and when the press caught him sneaking out the back, they asked if he was being measured up for his inaugural suit, to which he replied he was merely getting his socks darned.

VF has almost finished building the hospital, and then he can turn his attention to righting all the wrongs in the north. After lunch he plans to meditate for a few hours, before making his daily rounds to feed the soi dogs.

Nongkai kid and baboon have been partying non-stop, and they invited chiang mai along, who performed the annual leaf burning ceremony. Many people think this is just lazy farming, when in actual fact, there is deep spiritual meaning, and the leaves have to be from a certain tree. 

More as it comes in.......

1 hour ago, chiang mai said:

It appears, I think, to be an indicator of behaviour. The more dots the better behaved the poster, fewer dots means the poster has been previously cautioned or sent on holiday, it lets us all know whether a poster is worth replying to and/or the likelihood they might become abusive.

Somebody must have got in and cleaned up my record. I was waiting on a pardon from the Governor at one time. 

2 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Quite right. Really the voting should be limited to we that are in the Order of the Eight Dots. There's such a thing as too much democracy I think. My God! What if a Populist should win! Chaos!

Spoken in jest no doubt but a truly excellent idea.

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

If you mouse over all 8 dots in a row three times right to left, one of the dots becomes lighter. Then you click that dot to take you to a hidden site. But there's no way you can unsee it once you have been there.

You mean a secret code????

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

If you mouse over all 8 dots in a row three times right to left, one of the dots becomes lighter. Then you click that dot to take you to a hidden site. But there's no way you can unsee it once you have been there.

And only people with eight dots can do this, it's only they who have the quality driven wherewithal to comprehend what they see, those with fewer dots couldn't possibly handle it.

8 hours ago, Patsycat said:

Oh, come on Nancy. you even went on another Forum asking people to sign up here and vote for you!!

Butter won't melt in your mouth anymore!!

So that's how I got "pipped at the post", there's me thinking it was hospital workers.....

smile2.gif.........................................:cheesy:

3 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

And only people with eight dots can do this, it's only they who have the quality driven wherewithal to comprehend what they see, those with fewer dots couldn't possibly handle it.

I do recall an ancient thread titled  "Oh ye with 8 dots", but the powers that be deleted it! Could it be that the cat is out of the bag? Nancy might be able to shed some light on this.

1 minute ago, geronimo said:

I do recall an ancient thread titled  "Oh ye with 8 dots", but the powers that be deleted it! Could it be that the cat is out of the bag? Nancy might be able to shed some light on this.

Nancy is a key player in the Order Of The Dots, she wont give much away.

58 minutes ago, geronimo said:

An update .....

Trans was seen going into his tailor's shop, and when the press caught him sneaking out the back, they asked if he was being measured up for his inaugural suit, to which he replied he was merely getting his socks darned.

VF has almost finished building the hospital, and then he can turn his attention to righting all the wrongs in the north. After lunch he plans to meditate for a few hours, before making his daily rounds to feed the soi dogs.

Nongkai kid and baboon have been partying non-stop, and they invited chiang mai along, who performed the annual leaf burning ceremony. Many people think this is just lazy farming, when in actual fact, there is deep spiritual meaning, and the leaves have to be from a certain tree. 

More as it comes in.......

Your soi dog observation was surprisingly accurate.  Recently a couple down the lane separated, leaving their dog unattended, sometimes for days at a time.  My wife has taken pity on the skinny little thing and started taking a small bag of dog food on our evening walks.  She is a strange and very appreciative little ridgeback looking dog, who sings rather than barks.

Edited by villagefarang

2 minutes ago, rhythmworx said:

Transam must have hosted a party at his house and got the whole village to vote for him after singing their favourite Val Doonican song on the karaoke.

He will after the victory has been announced, hence the new suit.

10 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

Your soi dog observation was surprisingly accurate.  Recently a couple down the lane separated, leaving their dog unattended, sometimes for days at a time.  My wife has taken pity on the skinny little thing and started taking a small bag of dog food on our evening walks.  She is a strange and very appreciative little ridgeback looking dog, who sings rather than barks.

I think that next year, instead of the POTY being "Poster of the Year" contest, it should be "Partner" of the year contest.  If yours has been with you for forty years in that field, in the valley, in sickness and in health, in smokey season and in cold season -- in Chiang Rai, well then, she probably deserves a prize.

So that's how I got "pipped at the post", there's me thinking it was hospital workers.....

smile2.gif.cf5205fa39f2e2fdfa929ec0ab6cf5bd.gif.........................................:cheesy:

Could you give me a link to the site you get these from please.

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

it does not work without the secret handshake!

13 hours ago, NancyL said:

Nice photo of the Mrs., Trans, but remember what really pushed me over the top last year was that photo of Hubby holding Mr. Bitey upside down.  So, do you have one of the Mrs. holding one of your cars upside down?

Hubby and Mr Bitey.jpg

Hmmmm, 'interesting' question, if I can't do that I fink she may have a problem....

b0222.gif