Turkish man found dead after fall from Bangkok hotel

webfact

Turkish man found dead after fall from Bangkok hotel

bbb.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Thai police have confirmed the death of a Turkish man who fell from the fifth floor balcony of a Bangkok hotel in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

Kadir Kemal Ozan, 31, was found in his underwear lying in the grounds of the hotel located on Lang Suan Road in the Lumpini area of Bangkok at 12:50am, confirmed Pol Col Natthapol Lordongbang, from Lumpini police, reported Daily News.

A medical examiner from Chulalongkorn hospital and rescue workers from Por Tek Tung Foundation attended the scene.

Pol Col Natthapol told reporters that Mr Ozan had arrived in Thailand with his wife and baby daughter on Sunday when they checked into the hotel.

Mr Ozan and his family reportedly went out on Monday evening before returning to their hotel room around 10pm.

Mr Ozan’s wife told police her husband had been drinking.

She said that after returning to the room she had been taking care of their baby when she heard a noise from the balcony. When she went outside she saw her husband falling to the ground.

She rushed downstairs but when she got to his body he was already dead.

Police said they will continue to question Mrs Ozan.

The Turkish embassy has been informed of the death.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-13

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Falls To His Death From Downtown Hotel Balcony

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter -

December 13, 2016 12:10 pm

langsuan-e1481605792413.jpg

The Urbana Langsuan Hotel in Bangkok’s Pathum Wan district. Photo: Google

BANGKOK — A Turkish man fell to his death from the balcony of a hotel near Lumphini Park in the early hours of Tuesday morning in what police believe was an accident.

Emergency officials and police found 31-year-old Kadir Kemal Ozan Kayan dead just before 1am after falling five floors from a room at the Urbana Langsuan Hotel on Langsuan Road.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2016/12/13/man-falls-death-downtown-hotel-balcony/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-13

8 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Take some time to think that his wife, or/and family might be reading this crap from you. It isn't the jokes forum, show some respect.

Show some compassion, a man, husband, and father to a baby has died. R.I.P and condolences to the family.

Not defending the post you quoted, but in all honesty this happens all the time on the "news" forum when Thais are involved. This forum is just chock full of bitter expats. So either start defending all the other threads where Thais are involved with falls from high rises or just accept that TV "news" is nothing more than the "jokes" forum.

18 minutes ago, CanInBKK said:

Not defending the post you quoted, but in all honesty this happens all the time on the "news" forum when Thais are involved. This forum is just chock full of bitter expats. So either start defending all the other threads where Thais are involved with falls from high rises or just accept that TV "news" is nothing more than the "jokes" forum.

I agree there are many bitter expats here, living in their breeze-block mansions in Nakon Nowhere, with  a TV login the highlight of their day. They can complain about their 90 day reporting, and the state of the nation, surrounded by deadbeat family whose only interest is their piffling pension cheque and how long they will continue too receive it.

But really, this baby girl will no doubt google her father's death in the future and to see some insensitive poster (looking for "likes") suggest that her mother pushed him could really upset her. 

Were there any Thais involved here? 

9 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

I agree there are many bitter expats here, living in their breeze-block mansions in Nakon Nowhere, with  a TV login the highlight of their day. They can complain about their 90 day reporting, and the state of the nation, surrounded by deadbeat family whose only interest is their piffling pension cheque and how long they will continue too receive it.

But really, this baby girl will no doubt google her father's death in the future and to see some insensitive poster (looking for "likes") suggest that her mother pushed him could really upset her. 

Were there any Thais involved here? 

"We're there any Thais involved here?"

Quite simply "no" and that's why this thread is over an hour old with only 7 posts - no Thais to bash.

I do agree with what you're saying though, data on the internet is bound to last forever

He might fall by accident, even some cases of saving a slipped mobile can cause an accident in balconies, or some hotels have unsafe fencing in the balcony, where suddenly you might lose control fall down.

I am sure, a man with little baby and wife, as tourist leaving his wife and little baby abandoned in an unknown country will commit a suicide.

May pray for his wife and baby to safely return to Turkey, and God give them braveness to accept this tragedy.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Offensive comments from removed post edited out. 

I can understand you being a bit bitter Colin due to your predicament but please think of the others in this sad affair. A pretty horrible insinuation to level at a bereaved wife with a child. I am sure she wished the family had never come to Thailand so her family was still intact. May the wife and child find some happiness in the distant future after such a sad occasion.

Edited by metisdead

Serious question...are the railings on these balconies of these places lower than in other countries? I've never stood on a railing in my life, and that is the only way I can imagine falling...not a conspiracy theorist at all, but these accidents happen quite frequently here... 

1 hour ago, hdkane said:

Serious question...are the railings on these balconies of these places lower than in other countries? I've never stood on a railing in my life, and that is the only way I can imagine falling...not a conspiracy theorist at all, but these accidents happen quite frequently here... 

Yes they are lower and have slippery floors as well. Also there's fake alcohol for sale in Thailand and it's very hot.

RIP Kadir and condolences to your family and friends, I would never check into a room with a low level balcony rail as I enjoy a drink and I know it would be all too easy to fall over these knee level balcony rails as apparently is all to frequent happening in Thailand.   

4 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

I am sure, a man with little baby and wife, as tourist leaving his wife and little baby abandoned in an unknown country will commit a suicide.

Why are you so sure that would commit suicide?

4 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

He might fall by accident, even some cases of saving a slipped mobile can cause an accident in balconies, or some hotels have unsafe fencing in the balcony, where suddenly you might lose control fall down.

May pray for his wife and baby to safely return to Turkey, and God give them braveness to accept this tragedy.

Too bad 'god' (whatever that is) didn't stop him from falling in the first place.

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

10 minutes before 1.00am

That would be 00.50.

Okay, solve this one.

On a 24 hour clock:

When is 00.00am? It is midnight so the "am" is redundant.

Like 12pm, that should be midday so the "pm" is redundant.

On a 12 hour clock 12 midnight should be called that  (abrv: mn)

Same for 12 midday, which should get the abbreviation: md.

And yet another tragic fall.  The frequency should be alarming to 'the authorities'.  Does anyone ever pause to think there might be a way to prevent some of these?  Perhaps a beginning could be for the reportage to include a description of how safe each of these balconies is.  Are they a safe height, so that any fall would have to be intentional, at least?  Reportage might include this kind of information in the stories. 

And might there be a way to intervene, or at least an attempt to intervene, by warning hotel guests with a safety sign on balconies, and a HOTLINE number to call for those thinking of jumping.   I know, this suggestion might seem laughable, but just maybe something could be implemented. 

May all beings be safe. 

1 hour ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

That would be 00.50.

Okay, solve this one.

On a 24 hour clock:

When is 00.00am? It is midnight so the "am" is redundant.

Like 12pm, that should be midday so the "pm" is redundant.

On a 12 hour clock 12 midnight should be called that  (abrv: mn)

Same for 12 midday, which should get the abbreviation: md.

12 am is midnight

12 pm is noon

Quite easy if you have been to school.