Buying Daughter a Car on Finance

Johnniey

Thinking of getting one of my daughters a car(Mazda 2) on finance. However, she is a university student with no income.

Has anyone ever got finance for a Thai citizen who has no money? I want it in her name as the interest will be lower. I wonder if it might be better her applying to the bank for  a car loan based on my income?

I just got a Mazda 2 diesel from the Mazda dealer on Monday.

Paid a large down payment, 275000 and 9400 a month for 4 years.

Interest 0.6%. Free tank of diesel, one year class 1 insurance, red plates and tax all paid for.

3 year warranty and 24 hr breakdown service

Works out I pay 2800 baht a year interest. Pay back earlier and pay less interest.

In wifes name. No job, had to just show bankbook with money going in and out, plus the girl asked my salary.

Didn't have to provide proof of salary.

Quite pleased with the Mazda service.

Is that the XD ... shown in the website at 675000thb ... paying only 2800thb/year in interest is a good deal.

I looked at the Mazda 3 (5-Door) at the Motor Expo ... was at 0% but as I'm retired and my wife also is they wanted a guarantor. Could have got her sister to do that but also the face lift was due and all the 5-doors were just about gone anyway... was told there was one left and this was the day after VIP Day. So will wait for the Bangkok Motor Show at the end of March.

Mazda bits are somewhat expensive ... Mrs J still has her 20year Lantis ... want any genuine parts for that ... wow

1 hour ago, BlueScouse said:

Mazda 1.5 XD Sports High Connect 728000 baht. 7000 baht extra for pearl white colour.

I would be interested in what actual 'real life' fuel consumption you get out of it as Mazda claim quite a lot. If you are interested then you could join fuelly.com as I have and record things there ... I use the same 'handle'

Interested as i am talking to Mazda about getting a Mazda 2 for the tgf, who has no income yet. The MotoExpo promotion seems to offer a 0.99% interest over 4 years with 25% down but BlueScouse's deal looks even better. Can i ask BS was that in your name or a thai's? The initial deal they offered was 30% down at 3.45% flat interest pa which i wouldn't accept.

In wifes name. Mazda dealership in Ubon.

When we first enquired about buying a car, was offered 25% down and payments over 5 years, at 0.99%

However asked about higher deposit and was offered  40% down and 0.65% interest.

I didn't sign any papers or show bank books etc.

On 15/12/2016 at 6:48 AM, BlueScouse said:

Mazda 1.5 XD Sports High Connect 728000 baht. 7000 baht extra for pearl white colour.

Is that a Mazda 2? Never heard of a Mazda 1.5 XD.

I'm going to get myself a CX3 soon,  which isn't much more than that, just waiting for the right timing. 

On 14/12/2016 at 6:46 PM, BlueScouse said:

I just got a Mazda 2 diesel from the Mazda dealer on Monday.

Paid a large down payment, 275000 and 9400 a month for 4 years.

Interest 0.6%. Free tank of diesel, one year class 1 insurance, red plates and tax all paid for.

3 year warranty and 24 hr breakdown service

Works out I pay 2800 baht a year interest. Pay back earlier and pay less interest.

In wifes name. No job, had to just show bankbook with money going in and out, plus the girl asked my salary.

Didn't have to provide proof of salary.

Quite pleased with the Mazda service.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. That interest rate seems good! I might manage that. 

I was asked to provide a bank statement, plus WP and letter from work etc from Mazda when inquiring about a car for myself. Interest was high too, 2.99, I think.

So her name should be no problem.

Archived