How to get Phi Phi?

hellomello

Hello,

i will spend my vacation in Phi Phi island. So how to get there easily from Bangkok?

should i fly to Phuket and Krabi first? ( how can i go to ferry port?)

and how can i buy my ferry tickets to Phi Phi as online? is it a right way to buy ticket as online?

please help me friends :)

You can go either from Krabi or Phuket. Google will give you all the info you could desire.

Last time I went, and no reason to think it has changed, you can't buy ticket on line. Just turn up at the pier in Phuket and buy a ticket. Krabi involved a long tail to meet the ferry at sea ( that could have changed- it is many years since I went from Krabi ), so better way is at Phuket where you get on at a pier.

If unsure, a travel agent in either town will arrange transport to the Phi Phi ferry.

BTW, Phi Phi is a very small island, and no longer the idyllic paradise of yore, so it might pay not to commit to staying for your entire holiday till you have spent a couple of days/ nights there.

• Like 1

Travel to Phi phi via phuket, unless you got an early morning flight from BKK, it would probably involve an overnight stay at Patong/Phuket town. Hotel or tour desk in Patong can arrange Bus/ferry to phi phi, and there are different levels of transport, minibus and ferry (2-3 hours) or private taxi and private speedboat (one hour). As others have said, its very much a backpacker destination.

Depending on your level of accommodation on phi phi, the hotel may arrange transportation, pick up at phuket airport etc

Edited by Peterw42

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You can go either from Krabi or Phuket. Google will give you all the info you could desire.

Last time I went, and no reason to think it has changed, you can't buy ticket on line. Just turn up at the pier in Phuket and buy a ticket. Krabi involved a long tail to meet the ferry at sea ( that could have changed- it is many years since I went from Krabi ), so better way is at Phuket where you get on at a pier.

If unsure, a travel agent in either town will arrange transport to the Phi Phi ferry.

BTW, Phi Phi is a very small island, and no longer the idyllic paradise of yore, so it might pay not to commit to staying for your entire holiday till you have spent a couple of days/ nights there.

You can buy a ticket online but they are more expensive than booking through a local agent. If you go direct to Phi Phi then look online but if you spend a night in Phuket or Krabi book in the resort.

AirAsia from dmk return is thb 4616 all in.  Won't find much cheaper.  It also instills a certain level of trust in the van/boat.  AA must have a level of quality/safety.  You would think.  Also, no hassles or ripoffs.  Boat ride is quoted at 2hrs, so may stop in Krabi or Lantz or both.

52 minutes ago, GiantFan said:

AirAsia from dmk return is thb 4616 all in.  Won't find much cheaper.  It also instills a certain level of trust in the van/boat.  AA must have a level of quality/safety.  You would think.  Also, no hassles or ripoffs.  Boat ride is quoted at 2hrs, so may stop in Krabi or Lantz or both.

Boat ride probably quick look at Phi Phi Ley / Maya Bay, hence the 2 hours.

Edited by stevenl

• 1 year later...

PhuketFerry are more expensive than booking with local agents. And if you do book with them, make sure they offer a transfer from your hotel. If they don't you could end up paying twice what you might pay if you booked through a local  tour agent. The same applies to booking with 12GoAsia.

Edited by madmitch