*food Poisoning Alert*

PATTAYAPUNTER

I have friends who eat at Sizzler all the time. One is strict vegetarian. They have had no problem. I avoid the place because I think their main meals are not so good anymore and I just cannot eat from the salad bar - all those people breathing and talking over everything. But who can say where you get the runs from! I spent 24 hours at good old Bangkok Pattaya with a severe dose (25,000 baht of which 1,600 was for food I didn't want). I suspect it was a trifle concoction from Starbucks but really don't know.

I've been in Asia for 33 years and used to have problem all the time until a driver advised me to stop eating chilli. That was 1989. Since then just a couple of events.

Here's a thought, especially for those who are deducing that since everybody in their party dined at the same place and/or ate the same thing that they got food poisoning there:

It could still be something other than food poisoning, such as dysenterey, which can be spread via contact with fecal matter. A person who doesn't wash their hands after using the toilet, for example, could have traces of the matter on their hands and transfer it to every doorknob, escalator hand rail, coin, baht bus hand rail, tongs at the salad bar, whatever that they touch. All of you in the party could have made contact with, say, a door knob or baht bus chrome pole or some other item, or even just one of you could have made such contact and then subsequently spread it to other members in your party. Theoretically speaking, of course. :o

I'm NOT saying you all didn't get food poisoning at, e.g. Sizzler's, but you could have contracted something else in some other way.