proof of income. How much in bank account?

9 minutes ago, Munotlaw said:

For the combination method the required funds have not be in the bank for 3 months. No requirement for how long, can be 1 day.

Munotlaw

That is what I wrote but there are many offices that want it in the bank for 3 months after the first extension which is 60 days.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:51 AM, ubonjoe said:

That was for a multiple entry non-o visa from an embassy or consulate. You have an extension of stay from immigration which means you would not get another 90 days and would only be stamped in until March 14th.

is there no other way to get an extension of stay,  e.g. an agency for a fee?

Its  a hardship for me as I have  2 children 18 and 21years old in school and university in Thailand

11 hours ago, JackThompson said:

If you have a 1-year permission-of-stay obtained from a local immigration office now, then you need a re-entry permit to keep that permission-of-stay valid, if leaving the country. 

27,300 x 12 = 327,600.  327,600 + 400,000 = 727,600.  You would need to put more Baht in your Thai bank account to qualify for a 1-year permission of stay based on retirement, because the total must be 800,000 Baht.  It is wise to put some extra in the bank to deal with exchange-rate fluctuations which could change the value of your pension.  The money in the bank must also be there for 3 mo prior to the application, since this is not your first application for that type of extension.

To qualify for a "1 year permission of stay" of based on being married to a Thai, you cannot combine Income and Bank - you must have 400K in the Bank OR 40K per month income.  The reason I suggested going to Savanahket, Laos for a 1-Year Multi-Entry Non-O based on marriage, is that they are not currently requesting proof-of-income.  Note that with a Multi-Entry visa, you do not need re-entry permits, which are needed to keep a "permission of stay" alive.  The Multi-Entry Non-O gives you 90-Days permission-of-stay every time you enter, until it expires.

The way you get 15 months total-stay, is that you leave and return just before the "enter before" date on the visa, receiving ~90-days past the expiration of the visa.  During that last period, after the "enter before" date on your visa has passed, you would a re-entry permit to leave and return while preserving the final permission-of-stay.

the  3 month seasoning doesn't match, the required money in my savings account either  a combo or 800,000 baht I think I must leave Thailand and obtain from an Thai embassy a new non-O- Multible extension of stay.

How can I now  seasoning the required  80 000 baht 3 months prior  the  extension for my retirement , is there any way how to do that?

If I cross the border in Mae Sai just before  my extension of stay expires on March 14, how many days I would get to stay in Thailand?

Can I then  extend the  stay for  another 90 days?

I just submitted my 90 day report in December 2015.

6 hours ago, Evilbaz said:

Or 3 months as in Phuket.

My purchased  re- entry visa  ( in March 2015) at the  Mae Sai Immigration will  expire together  with my last extension of stay

I don't want to start the  visa run again after so many years on retirement  extensions.

My retirement extension would  expire from the day I cross the border?

6 hours ago, Evilbaz said:

Or 3 months as in Phuket.

munotlaw , I wish your statement becomes true, I heard that before, not really a time-frame for the combo method of retirement  extension, there are  some different opinions, even the website of Thai Immigration is not  clear in explaining that.

It makes sense  as how  could they figure  out  for how the combo is valid, the letter of income from the Embassy is  valid for 6 month.

As for the required  figure of 800 000 baht with the combi method I guess  I have to get the  bank-statement from my bank that the money  for the deposit is in the  bank book 2  days earlier of the  application of extension

? has any member of TV  experienced a problem with obtaining a nonO  visa  in Singapore  either for retirement or married visa purpose.

About 4 years  ago I got such visa non O- there, no need to have proof of money in the bank for any  time-frame

Edited by kraxlhuber
extend text

my immigration office is in Mae Sai, I do my extensions there for  a long time, never had any problem  my wife was always  with me at that time, now she doesn't want to go there anymore with me

for my retirement extension I don't need  my wife  to appear at the immigration?

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You need to check with your immigration office to find out if they require the funds to be in the bank for 3 months for the combination method. The written rules do not require it but many offices now want it.

If you are married to a Thai you could get a 60 day extension to visit your wife it the 3 months are needed.

If not married then your only and/or best option would be to go out for a single entry non-o visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.

I am still married  wih my Thai wife but have difficulties with her ( she half my age, I am 72 years old , The wife  twisted my arm to get more money out of me  if she goes with me to the immigration office in Mae Sai, I declined and now I am in the Muck, for a extension of stay for retirement  purpose I don't need my wife to appear at the immigration, I live in the Chiang Rai  province, where would be the best  place to obtain a non O visa from here?

Edited by kraxlhuber

7 hours ago, Munotlaw said:

For the combination method the required funds have not be in the bank for 3 months. No requirement for how long, can be 1 day.

Munotlaw

Munotlaw , thks for the info, but I still need the bank statement about the  sum in my savings account?, 1 or 2 days  before  application date?

Letter of income from my embassy and  seasoned  money in my savings account to reach 800.000 baht

Edited by kraxlhuber

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You need to check with your immigration office to find out if they require the funds to be in the bank for 3 months for the combination method. The written rules do not require it but many offices now want it.

If you are married to a Thai you could get a 60 day extension to visit your wife it the 3 months are needed.

If not married then your only and/or best option would be to go out for a single entry non-o visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.

ubonjoe, great post, I have  aproblem now with my wife. I still have a valid extension of stay for  retirement, the next extension is due in March 2017, my wife doesn't want to go with me to  the immigration to extend my retirement extension, any problem there? My immigration office is Mae Sai, I still have some time  to sort that out 

Munotlaw , thks for the info, but I still need the bank statement about the  sum in my savings account?, 1 or 2 days  before  application date?

I got the bank statement 1 day before application. The income confirmation from my embassy was 2 weeks old. But to avoid any inconvenience give them a call. My last application was done 3 years ago.

Munotlaw

On 1/4/2017 at 8:30 PM, kraxlhuber said:

is there no other way to get an extension of stay,  e.g. an agency for a fee?

Its  a hardship for me as I have  2 children 18 and 21years old in school and university in Thailand

I have heard of agencies that will force up fake-docs for retirement extensions - I would not recommend it.

the  3 month seasoning doesn't match, the required money in my savings account either  a combo or 800,000 baht I think I must leave Thailand and obtain from an Thai embassy a new non-O- Multible extension of stay.

Note: The Non-O-Multiple I was suggesting is based on Marriage - not sure if you have the required docs if the wife won't help.  If you do have the docs, and are still married, she does not need to go with you to Savanahket.

How can I now  seasoning the required  80 000 baht 3 months prior  the  extension for my retirement , is there any way how to do that?

If Seasoning is required, on an amount you are just now matching-up, a good choice would be to get a Non-O based on retirement, single-entry, at a nearby consulate, which would be good for 90-days.  Whether your imm-office requires seasoning on the combo method is another question which they or someone here who recently used that office could answer.

If I cross the border in Mae Sai just before  my extension of stay expires on March 14, how many days I would get to stay in Thailand?

Can I then  extend the  stay for  another 90 days?

Unless I am mistaken, you cannot leave at that location unless you have a valid visa for re-entry - so could not gain extra days that way, unless you currently have a Multiple-Entry visa.  You could cross to Laos and return, getting 30-Days Visa Exempt - and could even extend that for another 30-days - but then you have to do a conversion to a Non-O based on retirement, before you can apply for the stay based on retirement, and the qualifications for a conversion to Non-O in-country (perhaps requiring a trip to Bangkok) are more strict than getting a Non-O at a nearby consulate - in Laos, for example.

I just submitted my 90 day report in December 2015.

The 90-day report does not change your permission-of-stay.  It is simply an additional requirement if you are in-country more than 90-days.

My purchased  re- entry visa  ( in March 2015) at the  Mae Sai Immigration will  expire together  with my last extension of stay

I don't want to start the  visa run again after so many years on retirement  extensions.

My retirement extension would  expire from the day I cross the border?

Unless you get a re-entry permit for your retirement extension before you leave, it would expire.  If you get a re-entry permit, you preserve your existing permission-of-stay, but get no extra days.

----------------

Summing up, if it were me:

Step 1 - Top up the bank ASAP and try for the 1-year at a local office using the combo-method.  Don't wait until the last minute, in case they say no, so you are not in a rush for other options.  Maybe someone here can advise on your immigration office's demands - is it the Chang Rai office?

Step 2 - If they reject based on money-seasoning in the bank, your next best choice is to go a nearby consulate. 

• 2a. If you have the docs they require for proof-of-marriage, you could get a single or multiple Non-O based on marriage at Savanahket with no financial-proof and no wife with you. 
  • 2b. If you don't have the docs they want, you could use the combo-method to apply for a Single Non-O based on retirement, which gets you 90 days, after which you can get the 1-year at the local immigration office.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For my next annual extension of stay based on retirement, I'm thinking of using the proof of income approach (letter/affidavit from the Us consulate), rather than money in the bank seasoned for 3 months. 

My question is if I choose the proof of income approach, can I use the same letter/affidavit for future renewals; or am I required to obtain a new proof of income letter each and every year?

11 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

For my next annual extension of stay based on retirement, I'm thinking of using the proof of income approach (letter/affidavit from the Us consulate), rather than money in the bank seasoned for 3 months. 

My question is if I choose the proof of income approach, can I use the same letter/affidavit for future renewals; or am I required to obtain a new proof of income letter each and every year?

You have to get new income affidavit every year. Immigration will not accept one that is more than 6 months old.

• Like 1