Thai woman fights back and kills man who attempted to rape her

webfact

Thai woman fights back and kills man who attempted to rape her

a7.jpg

Picture: Daily News

SARABURI: -- A female Thai farmer fought back as a man tried to rape her at her house in Saraburi on Wednesday evening.

In a fight that started with sticks she eventually defended herself with a knife and killed her attacker, reports Daily News.

Saraburi police called to a house on stilts in the Chalerm Prakiat district found 50 year old Sawat Bunthan, a stonemason, dead from three stab wounds to the chest. He was lying under the house of 46 year old farmer Miss Sangworn Phukhiaw.

She was referred to as an attractive single woman farmer in the Daily News story of the crime.

She had been taken to hospital with extensive injuries before police arrived.

Police were told that Sawat had been drinking beer with friends on Wednesday evening. He had wanted to have sex with Sangworn for some time but she had always rejected his advances because he already had a family of his own.

When he was drunk he saw her in a field attending to a pump and tried to grab her. She ran off home and he chased her.

When they reached the lady's house a fight with sticks ensued outside.

Police understand that the lady then picked up a knife to defend herself and she stabbed the victim.

Cops will be interviewing the lady and other witnesses again before deciding how to deal with the matter.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-16

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been  very afraid for my Uni student niece who is being harassed by a motorbike taxi guy in Bkk.

Like the farmer lady in this article she is also described as    " an attractive single woman " .  Very much so,  and she avoids him..

Thinking about suggesting she carry a knife.

Wait and see the outcome of this case.

I somehow knew the word  "scum - - - "  would crop up when I read this story. 

This is a word I rarely ever heard used before coming Thailand (I come from Western Europe). It appears to me it is used by peoples from one particular nation on a regular basis.

At home, if a person used this word, most people within earshot would physically cringe with disgust. When I see it written down it appears even worse. ......I can assure readers that I am no "shrinking violet"...and have been pulled up on more than one occasion myself for using the "F" word. But the word I'm referring to, for me, is in a completely different category. It''s on a par with calling a lady by the "C" word.

For me, it says more about the person using it ....than it does about the person it is aimed at.

9 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

This is a word I rarely ever heard used before coming Thailand (I come from Western Europe). It appears to me it is used by peoples from one particular nation on a regular basis.

At home, if a person used this word, most people within earshot would physically cringe with disgust. When I see it written down it appears even worse. ......I can assure readers that I am no "shrinking violet"...and have been pulled up on more than one occasion myself for using the "F" word. But the word I'm referring to, for me, is in a completely different category. It''s on a par with calling a lady by the "C" word.

For me, it says more about the person using it ....than it does about the person it is aimed at.

What about the words      You plonker

5 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Welcome to the rest of the English speaking world where scum means the rubbish that floats to the top of the cesspit of life. 

If your non-English country has different connotations of the word scum then please be relieved that there are NO comparisons with other foul words you mention.  You are mistaken.  

BTW;- I heard that the the company that made Vicks vapour rub had to remove their advertising in Germany a long time ago.   No need to go into details.   That was an unfortunate bi-lingual co-incidence of word usage.  

So unless there is a similar co-incidence of word meaning in your language, perhaps your country could change the error?

but I do feel for your country's situation.    

“She was referred to as an attractive single woman farmer in the Daily News story of the crime.

As though being attractive had anything to do with the rapist's motive. Rapists will use any excuse to violate their victims. Whether it's the type of shoes worn, color of their hair, height, etc. 

The press should stop offering excuses as to why someone is raped and just stick to the point that a person was violated without her/his consent. It is a crime with no rationale or justification. Period.

15 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Perhaps you might stay on topic.

5 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

How to deal? let the lady go, award her with a medal for bravery and get her to hold a sponsored class nationwide for all females in Thailand: How to Stab the Rapist to death. Thank you.

So how to you propose to deal with her? Tell her that she should just accept the rape? And then watch the guy get an easy punishment? Women are not allowed to defend themselves?

Just based on the evidence, this guy was not taking no for an answer - attacked her in the field, chased her all the way home, then fought her etc.

If this is the story only thing to say is :well done girl and speedy recovery !

Reminds me of a CCTV video of a big guy grabbing a bag from a little school girl on a train station, unfortunately for the thief the girl was a pro taekwondo fighter and kicked him to ground in two seconds, collected her bag and ran away.

1 minute ago, Jing Joe said:

Mmmmm maybe, but surely she would not have self harmed to make herself  look more like a victim?

we dont know she was a victim of attempted rape its only what she told police and what was reported by the papers. very easy for her to say he tried to rape her after she killed him. it could of just been an argument that got out of control and she now wants and need to justify her actions.

I've been  very afraid for my Uni student niece who is being harassed by a motorbike taxi guy in Bkk.
Like the farmer lady in this article she is also described as    " an attractive single woman " .  Very much so,  and she avoids him..

Perhaps at minimum buy a Tazer for her?

Sent from my SM-P355 using Tapatalk

Now if she was from Australia or white, posters would be saying. ...

How stupid of her to be in the field working by herself. 

Why does she let herself be pretty. 

She probably flirted with him. 

What was she wearing? 

She shouldn't be in the field in the early hours of the morning and so on. 

The way some people talk about a white female being raped and a dark skinned person being raped is really shocking. 

4 hours ago, catman20 said:

we dont know she was a victim of attempted rape its only what she told police and what was reported by the papers. very easy for her to say he tried to rape her after she killed him. it could of just been an argument that got out of control and she now wants and need to justify her actions.

Actually you only know what was in the police report. What you don't know is the following:

- contents of the rape kit/medical exam report on the woman

- any witness statements of the fight

- where they got the idea that the man want to have sex with her before

- statements from his drinking companions

and much more.

34 minutes ago, Jing Joe said:

It happens. My wife once asked a taxi driver to stop as clearly he didn't know the way to her conference. He got out and threw her bag all over the road. He then called a friend on his phone and said 'we have a girl we can kill'. Why it was more scary was it was around the time the train staff killed that girl, so 'rape' 'murder' was in the media constantly. Luckily, she was able to contact her police friends who were close by at the time...your niece needs to be careful. 

37 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Short and sweet;-                Scum is a 1979 British crime drama film

Archived