Trump lags predecessors on diversity as he picks Cabinet

webfact

Appointments made on the candidates merit as opposed to satisfying some perverse need for diversity was one of the many reasons Trump prevailed in the election. His opponent of course made no secret that merit was irrelevant and that diversity was the be-all and end-all. 

Appointments made on the candidates merit as opposed to satisfying some perverse need for diversity was one of the many reasons Trump prevailed in the election. His opponent of course made no secret that merit was irrelevant and that diversity was the be-all and end-all. 

His appointments are diverse nor based on quality.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

gap between video clips, campaign slogans, and reality...

" Our movement is aboit replacing  a failed and corrupt political establishment with a new government controlled by you, the American people.."

"The 17 people who US president-elect Donald Trump has selected for his cabinet or for posts with cabinet rank have well over $9.5 billion in combined wealth, with several positions still unfilled.

http://qz.com/862412/trumps-16-cabinet-level-picks-have-more-money-than-a-third-of-american-households-combined/

Edited by Opl

Trump’s Labor Pick, Andrew Puzder, Is Critic of Minimum Wage  : "Speaking to Business Insider this year, Mr. Puzder said that increased automation could be a welcome development because machines were “always polite, they always upsell, they never take a vacation, they never show up late, there’s never a slip-and-fall or an age, sex or race discrimination case.”"

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/08/us/politics/andrew-puzder-labor-secretary-trump.html?_r=0

16 hours ago, Opl said:

gap between video clips, campaign slogans, and reality...

" Our movement is aboit replacing  a failed and corrupt political establishment with a new government controlled by you, the American people.."

"The 17 people who US president-elect Donald Trump has selected for his cabinet or for posts with cabinet rank have well over $9.5 billion in combined wealth, with several positions still unfilled.

http://qz.com/862412/trumps-16-cabinet-level-picks-have-more-money-than-a-third-of-american-households-combined/

And you point is?     I would think that most of the very intelligent people in the US have done very well if in the private sector.  The career politicians on the other hand only have what they can get while in office or after as is usually the case. I would rather have a person who doesn't need to scam the people by selling out to the big business lobbyists to make their fortune. I may be wrong on this and the jury is out for four years. I will admit it if I am wrong.

7 hours ago, Grubster said:

And you point is?     I would think that most of the very intelligent people in the US have done very well if in the private sector.  The career politicians on the other hand only have what they can get while in office or after as is usually the case. I would rather have a person who doesn't need to scam the people by selling out to the big business lobbyists to make their fortune. I may be wrong on this and the jury is out for four years. I will admit it if I am wrong.

My point is to say " mind the gap beween the Campaign Platform  ( cf ad released 2 days before election day - that probably hit its audience - particularly in the rustbelt ) and the reality - no real outsiders but big business and big banks directly in command ( little to do with what D. Trump said  - but it's a long enough aired lie among others)..

If as you say give the power to successful people ( in your mind = billionaires) is the best, so why bother to organize élections ? Skip the campaign, and go directly to Forbes's top ten. 

Trump's intellectual dishonesty opens a new era, there will be a before and an after , everything is good enough as long as your audience is ready to buy it, what comes next is not your problem anymore, there is no after sale consumer service.

Deny conflicts of interest, deny CC, deny Russian hacking , deny everything that does not suits you, then you skip all problems

Edited by Opl

7 hours ago, Grubster said:

If you would base your decisions for these positions based on sex or race then you would be the sexist and racist. I would go after the guy/gal that would fill my position the best for me, as the buck stops there.

that is not the point at all, it's the opposite if you remember what D. Trump said about Goldman Sachs and finally what he picked up for his cabinet, etc...  

the topic is not about what I would think is good - uninteresting - the topic is about what D. Trump said to gain your vote, and what he really meant to do.

Edited by Opl

3 hours ago, Opl said:

that is not the point at all, it's the opposite if you remember what D. Trump said about Goldman Sachs and finally what he picked up for his cabinet, etc...  

the topic is not about what I would think is good - uninteresting - the topic is about what D. Trump said to gain your vote, and what he really meant to do.

3 hours ago, Opl said:

I heard him say that he was going to surround himself with very smart business people that he knows,many times during his campaign. I also heard him say that it is not right that I get all these loopholes as to not have to pay tax but if you are in business and you don't take full advantage of the laws you will lose out to those who do, he said that many times. Now maybe just maybe him and his cabinet can fix these problems. I am not going to start to cry foul until I see what they do. You nor I know how these guys want to go down in history, they may very well want to help to make things better in America for the common people, I don't know that yet. I wouldn't think they would want to go under the microscope like this just to make more money that they don't need.

4 hours ago, Opl said:

My point is to say " mind the gap beween the Campaign Platform  ( cf ad released 2 days before election day - that probably hit its audience - particularly in the rustbelt ) and the reality - no real outsiders but big business and big banks directly in command ( little to do with what D. Trump said  - but it's a long enough aired lie among others)..

If as you say give the power to successful people ( in your mind = billionaires) is the best, so why bother to organize élections ? Skip the campaign, and go directly to Forbes's top ten. 

Trump's intellectual dishonesty opens a new era, there will be a before and an after , everything is good enough as long as your audience is ready to buy it, what comes next is not your problem anymore, there is no after sale consumer service.

Deny conflicts of interest, deny CC, deny Russian hacking , deny everything that does not suits you, then you skip all problems

Don't forget that George Washington and most of the founders were amongst the richest people in this country at the time and they used a lot of their own money to get us off the ground. As Trump said "what do we have to lose", the country is going downhill fast and has been for fifty years. I have seen no help from the Dems or Repubs for the working class people have you?  Obama was making another trade agreement that would sink the working class even further. They all couldn't get to the table fast enough to bail the banks out, you want another dose of that?

As to be expected from a country that ignores the fact that Hillary Clinton got 2.8 more real people votes than Trump, the chosen ones will tomorrow elect billionaire Trump and his buddies to run America.  Trump may get a hundred more of the chosen ones (Electorx) votes from the Electoral College on December 19th to become President, a tiny fraction of the real people vote who voted against Trump by a wide margin. 

2 hours ago, Grubster said:

Don't forget that George Washington and most of the founders were amongst the richest people in this country at the time and they used a lot of their own money to get us off the ground. As Trump said "what do we have to lose", the country is going downhill fast and has been for fifty years. I have seen no help from the Dems or Repubs for the working class people have you?  Obama was making another trade agreement that would sink the working class even further. They all couldn't get to the table fast enough to bail the banks out, you want another dose of that?

D. Trump promises  an America that existed only in his mind and in the imagination of his supporters. It is the myth of a happy white America,  center of the industrial world and the center of the world. It is the America of the fifties,

But this America had its hidden face (Ku Klux Klan, racial discrimination, McCarthyism..) It is not the real America, with its Latinos, its blacks, its Jews, with its Asians, but the America of the WASP.
Donald Trump is someone who acts globally, he owns hotels and golf courses everywhere, but he sells a national mirage: free trade and open borders for the rich and protectionism / nationalism for the poor

Edited by Opl

7 minutes ago, Opl said:

D. Trump promises  an America that existed only in his mind and in the imagination of his supporters. It is the myth of a happy white America,  center of the industrial world and the center of the world. It is the America of the fifties,

But this America had its hidden face (Ku Klux Klan, racial discrimination, McCarthyism..) It is not the real America, with its Latinos, its blacks, its Jews, with its Asians, but the America of the WASP.
Donald Trump is someone who acts globally, he owns hotels and golf courses everywhere, but he sells a national mirage: free trade and open borders for the rich and protectionism for the poor

Yes, and bottom line, he's a fascist. That's why there's a resistance building. Americans fought fascism in WW2 and most of us certainly don't want one as our president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/donald-trump-is-actually-a-fascist/2016/12/09/e193a2b6-bd77-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html

All this seemingly erratic behavior can be explained — if not justified — by thinking of Trump as a fascist. Not in the sense of an all-purpose bad guy, but in the sense of somebody who sincerely believes that the toxic combination of strong government and strong corporations should run the nation and the world. He spent his previous career negotiating with the government on behalf of corporations; now he has switched teams. But it’s the same game.

Correction to prior post I can't edit: Hillary Clinton got 2.8 million more votes than Trump.  Yet only about 75 more Trump than Clinton "Electors" will make Billionaire Trump America's President on December 19th.  America needs to investigate these so called Electors to determine the fairness of their appointments, etc. and/or just dump Trump and the Electoral college and have a real democracy based on the will of the people. 

Edited by ronz28

7 hours ago, Opl said:

Donald Trump is someone who acts globally, he owns hotels and golf courses everywhere, but he sells a national mirage: free trade and open borders for the rich and protectionism / nationalism for the poor

You know all this before his first day in office. You sound just like a Hillary basher. I don't judge performance until it has been performed.