Applying for a 2nd Non O for Thai child

Hello Everyone just a quick ?. I have a Non-O visa now and its for Thai child support. I got it in Nov and it will expire in Jan. I wanted to apply for my retirement but, not have enough time to get all of my things together. So, can I apply again for a Non O again. I showed them the birth certificate. House bank and mother's Id card. Will it be okay and if they ask why again simply the truth is want to file for retirement and more documents are needed. Thanks a Bunch Jasper

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child. They will have to be with you when you apply. Same documents used to get the visa.

Also no problem to get another non-o visa.

Great Because I could use the extra 90 days to prepare all I need. Thanks a Million!!

I must have been misinformed. I thought that supporting a Thai child was a valid reason for extension of Non-Imm/O visa for a year at a time? Same as supporting a Thai wife or husband. Why do you want to extend your visa for the purpose of retirement? I thought the financial requirements were higher. I suppose when the kid grows up and you are no longer providing his support you would need to change (as I had to change mine when my wife died), but that would give you many years to prepare the documents.

Edited by Acharn

17 minutes ago, Acharn said:

I must have been misinformed. I thought that supporting a Thai child was a valid reason for extension of Non-Imm/O visa for a year at a time? Same as supporting a Thai wife or husband. Why do you want to extend your visa for the purpose of retirement? I thought the financial requirements were higher. I suppose when the kid grows up and you are no longer providing his support you would need to change (as I had to change mine when my wife died), but that would give you many years to prepare the documents.

A one year extension based upon being the parent of a Thai is possible but you must be the legal father by way of marriage or legitimization.

The legitimization of parenthood can take a long time if the child is under 7 since it can only be done via a court and can be expensive.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A one year extension based upon being the parent of a Thai is possible but you must be the legal father by way of marriage or legitimization.

The legitimization of parenthood can take a long time if the child is under 7 since it can only be done via a court and can be expensive.

Really? Even if you are listed on the birth certificate as the father? Or are they not allowed to name aliens as the father? I thought that if one of the child's parents was a Thai citizen the child inherited Thai citizenship, so listing an alien as the father should not have been a problem. The OP didn't make clear if he was married to the child's mother or not.

6 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Really? Even if you are listed on the birth certificate as the father? Or are they not allowed to name aliens as the father? I thought that if one of the child's parents was a Thai citizen the child inherited Thai citizenship, so listing an alien as the father should not have been a problem. The OP didn't make clear if he was married to the child's mother or not.

Being shown as the as the father on a birth does not make them the legal father. Read this topic.

Interesting. Thank you for the information. It makes sense, really. In Jewish law a child born to a Jewish mother is Jewish. The tribe/nationality/religion of the father is not considered, for exactly that reason.

The mother could claim anyone was the fsther of the child on the birth certificate.

In Thailand if the mother is married to the father st  the time of the child's birth he is accepted as the father of the child.

If there is a legal marriage then the father is considered th farher of the child.

If no proof of marriage, then that becomes a problem, and may equire a court legitimization.