Thailand - Mobile Operators

sash66

Hello all

I'm wondering if someone can tell me which mobile networks offer dynamic IP. I am new to the country and got a TRUE sim when I arrived. Although the service works well it appears to be a static IP.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

They all offer dynamic IP addresses by default

Have never attempted to obtain a static IP here in Thailand either for mobile or landline so can't even tell you if static IP's are even available 

What makes you "think" that ? :

14 hours ago, sash66 said:

it appears to be a static IP.

How do you know you have a static IP? How are you determining what your IP address is? Does it begin with 10.n.n.n? Or 27.n.n.n? Or 61.n.n.n?

Typically you might get a private IP address - which I guess could be static-ish over some longer period? - , which True then translates internally to a public, dynamic IP address.

Getting a static public IP4 address on a mobile data connection seems unusual; even on a broadband connection this is usually a premium service.

Well usually (in other countries) I just turn internet off and on again and get a fresh IP, but that didn't work, was the same

I have a solution now, I put the phone in flight mode for a little while, reconnect and hey presto.

On 17/12/2016 at 3:40 AM, mtls2005 said:

How do you know you have a static IP? How are you determining what your IP address is? Does it begin with 10.n.n.n? Or 27.n.n.n? Or 61.n.n.n?