Thai man who raped South African English teacher arrested - he has admitted the crime

rooster59

14 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

White skinned women beware!
Is this article real or a joke? I've never heard of any Thai calling me white skinned man. It's foreigner or 'farang'. God knows what they call other races? Yellow skinned Chinese? Black skinned Africans? Brown skinned Indians?

I have pickup up a threat from my wife and her female friends that dark colors viewed as "not clean," to the extent that it is a form of discrimination.  It is analogous to how Thais feel about death, dead people, and anything that was lived in, worn, touched, etc., by anyone who then died.  Thais don't like to buy used cars or used houses for this reason.  Four years ago, a farang died in a house just down the street from us, and it is still empty, with no for sale/rent sign on it.  

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

You've beem castrated?  Works for you Implies that.

Depends where you're from I guess, "Works For Me," among US military folks anyway, implies that he is in agreement with the action.  You showing F4U Corsair implies to me that you might have been in the US Navy, in which case I would think you would know that term, as I've heard plenty of Navy folks use it.

Edited by smacks41
correct source in comment

7 hours ago, ttrd said:

Would 2 drunk guys on a motorbike in the US or Germany ask any woman (known or unknown) for a ride - I really doubt it...

Its all about culture so yes - a education is needed on both sides....;)

I'm  not sure what happened there but you actually quoted "lostinisaan" post #29, but somehow attributed it to me!

20 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Is this article real or a joke? I've never heard of any Thai calling me white skinned man. It's foreigner or 'farang'. God knows what they call other races? Yellow skinned Chinese? Black skinned Africans? Brown skinned Indians?

Sounds like the report was written by an alien of some sort ..

9 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I have been scratching my head reading this for 2 minutes. I doubt anyone likes to be raped. why even go as far to mention the word Romantic and I think this woman has done enough coming forward and outing these guy. they were caught within 10 days her information was vital and has likely prevented further cases. what else do you need to know?

I surmise you missed the point.

The point is : What were they thinking ???..

What was going on in the minds of 2 rapists, relative to their self serving excuses or reasoning while absolving themselves of any wrong doing.

Until they were exposed, I am certain they believed nothing wrong had been done by themselves while they probably were thinking they had a very fortunate day that particular day and the fortunate opportunity to have sex with a white women.

Edited by gemguy

22 hours ago, worgeordie said:

That must be the scumbag at the back, behind bars,

with the bright fluorescent t shirt,lets hope the time

fits the crime,just wonder if these rapists have not

done these crimes before,that were either not reported,

or not investigated by the police.

regards worgeie

Yes agree 'W".    Khwaibar was looking on the wrong side of the bars as to who was in custody.  :-)

Oh Dear.   "EW"  there's that dreadful "S" word again.    Just joking mate.

23 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

You mean wowowowo red skin Indians, or lndian Indians?

40 minutes ago, gemguy said:

I surmise you missed the point.

The point is : What were they thinking ???..

What was going on in the minds of 2 rapists, relative to their self serving excuses or reasoning while absolving themselves of any wrong doing.

Until they were exposed, I am certain they believed nothing wrong had been done by themselves while they probably were thinking they had a very fortunate day that particular day and the fortunate opportunity to have sex with a white women.

I think they were led to believe that by the woman as a means of survival. I believe they intended to rape her as soon as she accepted the lift but the woman realised maybe her only way to survive was to go along with it after some time or why else would they have dropped her off after the event?

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I think they were led to believe that by the woman as a means of survival. I believe they intended to rape her as soon as she accepted the lift but the woman realised maybe her only way to survive was to go along with it after some time or why else would they have dropped her off after the event?

Yes...in many rape cases that is what is revealed after the fact.

The woman being sexually accosted comes to realize that her life is in danger so maybe better to go along with the act of sex in hopes that the rapist(s) will not hurt her or worse yet, kill her.

Meantime the rapist may be thinking he has subdued her with his charming manners and suave manly personality and she has given into him...like others before.... so the rapist will be thinking it was eventually consensual sex and therefore no big deal.

He is thinking he enjoyed it so she most likely enjoyed it also as it sure did feel good and supposedly it feels good for the women also and  never mind that the sex is being forcefully conducted upon the women regardless of her initial protests.

Cheers

16 minutes ago, gemguy said:

Yes...in many rape cases that is what is revealed after the fact.

The woman being sexually accosted comes to realize that her life is in danger so maybe better to go along with the act of sex in hopes that the rapist(s) will not hurt her or worse yet, kill her.

Meantime the rapist may be thinking he has subdued her with his charming manners and suave manly personality and she has given into him...like others before.... so the rapist will be thinking it was eventually consensual sex and therefore no big deal.

He is thinking he enjoyed it so she most likely enjoyed it also as it sure did feel good and supposedly it feels good for the women also and  never mind that the sex is being forcefully conducted upon the women regardless of her initial protests.

Cheers

So what else do you need to know then?

What they were led to believe and what they initially believed are two different matters and it looks clear cut they knew it was wrong. And it's not sex if it's not consensual so words like sex and romantic have no place in this discussion.

13 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

To fill you in. We are falang,  paksida, gluay, sat, hien, and various other, more obscure insulting slurs. Africans are negro, chocolate, kon dam etc. Indians, I'm not sure of , but it's bound to be something quite unpleasant. Mmm, lovely place.........

Sat and heea have nothing to do with race and are very very common insults traded among Thais.

Indians are usually referred to as "beng / bang". Racism is a huge problem in Asia but I would say it is very largely directed towards Blacks, Arabs and Indians.White people like ourselves tend to escape the nastier stuff. 

1 hour ago, bkkgooner said:

Sat and heea have nothing to do with race and are very very common insults traded among Thais.

Indians are usually referred to as "beng / bang". Racism is a huge problem in Asia but I would say it is very largely directed towards Blacks, Arabs and Indians.White people like ourselves tend to escape the nastier stuff. 

The slur for Indians is 'kaek'.  It's also used for pakistanis, arabs and - more as in insult than really seeing them as such - Southern Thai and Malaysian Muslims that dress that same way.

The other meaning of 'kaek' is "guest".     I find it interesting how they put arabs and indians into the same 'group' - not something we do.

Paksidar is a term generally used by Isaan /Nothern Thai's in reference to a Western person. My wife calls westerners Paksidar/.Boksidar I dont think it is an insult.Black people being called 'Chocolate men' i dont see as an insult either.Its rather like the term that thai women use for men who have had many girlfriends,'Butterfly,going from flower to flower' Its true,but its rather a nice way of saying it. I know that Thai men have other names for us,but in all honesty i dont care!.After all,who was it who said,"whats in a name?"

20 hours ago, teacherpaul said:

He admitted the crime. Not the brightest button, are you.

The accused man has yet to be convicted (except, apparently, by the police and mass media) and therefore must be considered innocent until proven guilty.  

Confessions made in police custody, as we have learned from the Kao Tao double murder case and others, are frequently retracted on the grounds that they were made under duress - though there is no reason to suspect his is the case here.

Hopefully, the judge or judges appointed to try this case will manage to retain their impartiality until the day of the trial, carefully weigh all the evidence and return a just verdict with an appropriate sentence.

18 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

To a certain extent I agree.  Western foreigners here make the mistake of thinking that they are safer here than in their home countries.

Yeah, when in reality, only us Americans actually are... :D 

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Paksidar is a term generally used by Isaan /Nothern Thai's in reference to a Western person. My wife calls westerners Paksidar/.Boksidar I dont think it is an insult.Black people being called 'Chocolate men' i dont see as an insult either.Its rather like the term that thai women use for men who have had many girlfriends,'Butterfly,going from flower to flower' Its true,but its rather a nice way of saying it. I know that Thai men have other names for us,but in all honesty i dont care!.After all,who was it who said,"whats in a name?"

Dude, you're totally wrong. The word "Baksidaa" is only used to talk about the fruit "Farang." = Guava

If your wife calls Westerners Baksidaas. she's insulting them and of course you.

Baksidaa  is the Isaan/ Lao word for the Guava fruit. Farang is also the Thai word for the Guava fruit introduced by Portuguese traders over 400 years ago, which of course can lead to jokes when foreigners are seen eating a guava in Thailand.

But the fruit's originally from Central America and the West Indies.

Your wife seems to be one of the people who call you "mann".  " Mann Bai Sai? basically, means where's the thing? Calling you, or any Westerner a Baksidaa/ thing is more than an insult.

If she doesn't say your name when answering where you are, there's something wrong. Example: "Frank bai sai?" " Frank bai Talart."  If you hear : Mann bai talart it''s time to have a chat with your wife. 

Even when Thai wives are using it when they talk about their Thai husbands, it's considered very impolite to call anybody "Mann." 

guava.jpg

Edited by lostinisaan

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

So what else do you need to know then?

What they were led to believe and what they initially believed are two different matters and it looks clear cut they knew it was wrong. And it's not sex if it's not consensual so words like sex and romantic have no place in this discussion.

You still don't get it do you.

What goes on in the mind of a person or persons perpetrating "coerced sex" and leading up to actual sex with an unwilling victim, usually believes they are not doing anything so terribly wrong while rape ( as it is known or thought to be or the believed to be the understood text book example of rape ) is not what they have just committed, after having sex with the person they just had sex with...........not in their mind(s)

As I said: What was going on in the minds of the 2 men that are accused of rape and now admit they did have sex with the woman but they do not agree that it was rape...rather they say it was consensual....

Had that girl not been there and the circumstances such that they crossed her path in particular would those 2 men have coerced and then raped another woman, earlier or later, if the circumstances were favorable to coerce another woman ...on that day.

Were they out looking to get laid any which way and or specifically rape a woman or did the opportunity just happen to present itself and they went through the motions and it all worked out in their favor while thinking the whole incident was no big deal...to them at least...until they were accused of rape and now apprehended and confessing they had sex with the woman while we may learn of the sordid details while also learning, more or less, exactly what was going on in their minds...the minds of 2 men accused as  rapists, before during and after the incident happened.

Rape is a contentious and complex social issue while commonly rape cases are not so cut and dried or black and white the way that you are inferring.

If they did rape her then off to jail they should go but it is yet to be proven as rape, per say, while I believe the girl and the valid reasons she came to the police to state her case that will hopefully result in convictions for both men....that is.... if it is proven that they did rape her.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

22 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Would any woman in America, Germany, etc....jump on a motorcycle with two drunk and unknown men on it and then sit between the two men?

Sitting bunched up like that would have to be as "groovy" as all get out for the guys and enough to tempt many guys, let alone them being drunk to boost their bravado/lust. 

As someone posted; "didn't her mother teach her anything? "   and I'm not blaming her except for putting herself in danger. Don't pat wild tigers would surely equally apply?

On 12/17/2016 at 4:30 PM, natway09 said:

She accepted the lift & sat between them in the back.

Did her parents not teach her anything?

You have to be kidding. You live in a world full of rapists and felons do you ???! Attempting to put blame on her for accepting a ride and put blame on her parents is lame.  Of course we all walk around thinking that people that offer to help are felons and rapist and murders and if something does happen then the "look at me how smart I am group" jumps to tell the world how they would not be a victim because they always know exactly what to do. Your comments are misplaced and not helpful. ?

lostinisaan.

Then we are at odds,DUDE.My wife never calls me 'mann 'and i dont know where you got that from,because i never mentioned it.As for The term paksidar/boksidar being an insult, i had a word with my wife about it and she too mentioned the ferang being a fruit,which i already knew.She also said that you have it wrong.To be referred to as paksidar etc is not an insult,my wife speaks fluent Loas,and suggested that you  are being misled.I know enough thai to know when i am being insulted.As for all the rest of the post,e.g.mann bai talart,mann bai sai,i assume this is your way of showing your mastery of the Thai language.I dont know if you are married to a thai or have permanent girl friend,but if this you way of thinking and asserting your self,i would think that maybe your wife is calling you names behind your back.It might be a good idea to have a chat with her.

6 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Dude, you're totally wrong. The word "Baksidaa" is only used to talk about the fruit "Farang." = Guava

If your wife calls Westerners Baksidaas. she's insulting them and of course you.

Baksidaa  is the Isaan/ Lao word for the Guava fruit. Farang is also the Thai word for the Guava fruit introduced by Portuguese traders over 400 years ago, which of course can lead to jokes when foreigners are seen eating a guava in Thailand.

But the fruit's originally from Central America and the West Indies.

Your wife seems to be one of the people who call you "mann".  " Mann Bai Sai? basically, means where's the thing? Calling you, or any Westerner a Baksidaa/ thing is more than an insult.

If she doesn't say your name when answering where you are, there's something wrong. Example: "Frank bai sai?" " Frank bai Talart."  If you hear : Mann bai talart it''s time to have a chat with your wife. 

Even when Thai wives are using it when they talk about their Thai husbands, it's considered very impolite to call anybody "Mann." 

guava.jpg

So if my Thai wife says "Come on, man, your tea's ready!" it's an insult?

The type of people I grew up with call each other "man" all the time - I believe it was originally a Jazz expression, but it is certainly not meant as a derogatory term - the opposite in fact. And I am not prepared to say to anyone who uses the expression "Sorry, but how are you spelling that?"

Edited by sambum