Donald Trump wraps up ‘thank you’ tour in Alabama

webfact

Donald Trump wraps up ‘thank you’ tour in Alabama

606x341_352718.jpg

Donald Trump has wrapped up a ‘thank you’ tour in the place where he kicked off his presidential campaign. The US president-elect told a crowd in Alabama he would continue holding rallies after his inauguration on January 20th.

In another unexpected move, he opted for understanding, rather than criticising, the current First Lady for comments made in a recent interview.

“Michelle Obama said yesterday that there’s no hope,” he said. “But I assume she was talking about the past not the future cause I’m telling you, we have tremendous hope and we have tremendous promise and tremendous potential. We are going to be so successful as a country again. We are going to be amazing.”

“And I actually think she made that statement not meaning it the way it came out. I really do,” he added.

He has consistently promised to break the political mould and his unconventional style has been evident in his nominees for some of Washington’s top posts.

His cabinet choices tend to have big business, rather than politics-based backgrounds.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-12-19

Michelle Obama said yesterday that there’s no hope,” he said. “But I assume she was talking about the past not the future cause I’m telling you, we have tremendous hope and we have tremendous promise and tremendous potential. We are going to be so successful as a country again. We are going to be amazing.”

The man is magnanimous in victory. You have to give him that.

3 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Michelle Obama said yesterday that there’s no hope,” he said. “But I assume she was talking about the past not the future cause I’m telling you, we have tremendous hope and we have tremendous promise and tremendous potential. We are going to be so successful as a country again. We are going to be amazing.”

The man who proclaimed that he would have won the popular vote if not for illegal voters.

The man who's going on a victory tour to thank the states the voted for him and going nowhere near the ones that didn't.

Thanking African-Americans who didn't come out to vote.

He proclaimed he had an electoral college landslide - it turns out his margin of victory ranked 46th out of 58 elections.

7 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I know you think that Trump's winning means  intellectual integrity now means nothing. But the fact is you asserted that he is magnanimous in victory. And that is clearly and overwhelmingly false.

Wrong on both counts. After the hateful lies and exaggerations that were made about him by the left during the election and afterwards being kind to the Obamas and letting Hillary off the hook are nothing short of generous behavior.

Just now, Ulysses G. said:

Wrong on both counts. After the hateful lies and exaggerations that were made about him by the left during the election and afterwards being kind to the Obamas and letting Hillary off the hook are nothing short of generous behavior.

You think behaving decently to the current President should get him points? Are your standards that low? As for letting Hillary of the hook. Well, I guess it gives him grounds for justifying his hiring of Michael Flynn. 

But the point isn't that he whether or not he should get merit points for these two instances.  The fact is that he isn't being magnanimous. He's still petty and vindictive and dishonest in victory.

1 hour ago, Ulysses G. said:

This is the same guy who refused to contest the decision if he lost. 

Magnanimous and Trump is the most laughable conjunction of two words yet.

Edited by optad

1 minute ago, optad said:

This is the same guy who refused to contest the decision if he lost. 

Au contraire. He would have been  perfectly happy to contest the decision if he lost. However, he WON and his opponents are the ones questioning the decision.

27 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

You think behaving decently to the current President should get him points? Are your standards that low? As for letting Hillary of the hook. Well, I guess it gives him grounds for justifying his hiring of Michael Flynn. 

But the point isn't that he whether or not he should get merit points for these two instances.  The fact is that he isn't being magnanimous. He's still petty and vindictive and dishonest in victory.

I would say it is you who are petty and vindictive and dishonest in defeat.

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

The man who's going on a victory tour to thank the states the voted for him and going nowhere near the ones that didn't.

Too right. Why would he waste his time on the others when he already said he would be president for all Americans?

2 minutes ago, kevkev1888 said:

You better get used to it, plenty of good news coming!

My expectations are very high.

That was the whole problem with that election. 

Set the bar as low as you can and the LCD will rise.

Instead of spending so much time on yet another rally and all of those silly tweets, how about a news conference? 

As the Washington Post reported on Dec. 13:

"As I write, it's been 139 days [and still counting] since Trump held a press conference, for example. Trump was supposed to hold one on Thursday [Dec. 15] to discuss how he plans to minimize conflicts of interest with his businesses, but that was postponed on Monday night. As of now, his next press conference will instead be in January."

He's going to be the tough, new leader of a major democracy and he's hiding from a news conference.

Here's the link to the quote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/12/13/why-you-should-want-donald-trump-to-do-press-conferences-regardless-of-how-you-feel-about-him/?utm_term=.b10f5450a3cc

Edited by helpisgood
forgot the link

3 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

He proclaimed he had an electoral college landslide - it turns out his margin of victory ranked 46th out of 58 elections.

Lies upon lies.  How does anyone know the electoral college vote result?  The electors meet in their home states on December 19, which is about 20 hours from now.

2 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

Lies upon lies.  How does anyone know the electoral college vote result?  The electors meet in their home states on December 19, which is about 20 hours from now.

Well, I suppose you're right in a way.  It actually will be at least a little bit less if a few electors are to be believed. So most likely I was lying by your standards. His margin of victory will be less than he claimed.

I think Donald Trump must  be  very  brave!  I  mean  so  many  people  seem not  to  like this  guy who will be  sworn  in  soon.  Mr.  Trump  is  not  bullet proof,  and  lets  not  forget  what  country  he  will be  leading  for  4 years.   Chances  are  he  will  do  okay,  but  I  do admire  that he  is  still  out  and about,  the  way  he  is.  Any  other Americans  that  brave  on  this  forum, as  I  know  I sure  am  not.

Geezer

5 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

The man who proclaimed that he would have won the popular vote if not for illegal voters.

And what is your point ?  The dude won. Please live with it.

18 minutes ago, bark said:

And what is your point ?  The dude won. Please live with it.

Did you not read the entire post. It was in reply to Ulysses_G's ludicrous claim that Trump has been magnanimous in victory. Now read my reply again but more slowly.

5 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

30 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Did you not read the entire post. It was in reply to Ulysses_G's ludicrous claim that Trump has been magnanimous in victory. Now read my reply again but more slowly.

You cannot take two or three, sentences, only.

He also thanks 60 million people who did vote for him. All the rest is sour grapes.

Michele Obama saying there is no hope, is be magnanimous ??

Her staying with her husband who cheated on her many times ?

She has no soul.

He should get the Peace Prize, for not going after Hilary. The other points you made are not true.

If they had enough evidence, they would have put Hillary in jail.  Stop reading fake news.  Educate yourself brother.

He didn't win by the majority of Americans.  Face the fact.  His rigged system worked for him.  He has a wet spot for Russia.  He's in love with Putin because he Putin is a real man, and Putin can make him a lot of money.  Trump will always be the college boy that wishes he could be "the man", but he is an adolescent in his thinking~he's weak.

Tremendous!  Amazing! 

Edited by Redline

22 minutes ago, bark said:

He should get the Peace Prize, for not going after Hilary. The other points you made are not true.

Specifically, which of the following points are not true? I'd seriously advise you to get your nose out of breitbart.com and onto something called real news.

38 minutes ago, bark said:

You cannot take two or three, sentences, only.

He also thanks 60 million people who did vote for him. All the rest is sour grapes.

Michele Obama saying there is no hope, is be magnanimous ??

Her staying with her husband who cheated on her many times ?

She has no soul.

I just noticed your fake news claim that Barack Obama has been cheating on his wife. There's contempt and then there's beneath it. That's where you live.

2 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Specifically, which of the following points are not true? I'd seriously advise you to get your nose out of breitbart.com and onto something called real news.

He won the Electoral college vote. The rest doesn't matter. He thanked 60 million people who did vote for him.

He knew the Afri-Americans were to lazy to vote against him.

He is play chess and the rest our playing checkers.

Electoral college vote is the only vote that matters. He smashed it out of the bark, like Hank Arron.

The next great president of the USA.

Friend to all poor people in the world.