SETV application Penang, through agent or in person?

Hi all,

Will be arriving Penang on the 2nd of Januari and have a flight out afternoon on the 6th and wondering what application procedure is the simplest. I've read before one can use agents to do this, how much do they charge? And if I've understood things correct, the SETV fee is on the period of my application waived, is this correct?

If I choose to go and apply in person, is this the correct form to fill in: http://www.thaiembassy.org/penang/contents/files/services-20161027-173245-315830.pdf and handed in togeather with 2 passport photos... anything else; copy of passport, proof of flight out of Thailand within 90 days?

How much is the fee normally for the SETV, can't seem to find it on the consulates webpage.

Travelling with my 8-year old, that's why I want to be a little bit prepared.

Many thanks in advance.

KIO

Your single entry tourist visa will be free. 

Agents do not cost a lot and in most cases is cheaper than having to make two trips to the consulate.

You will just need your passport and a copy of its photo page. They don't ask for a ticket or anything else.

Visa are free until February. My last visa was a tourist visa and was free. I do all by myself, just print their form from the embassy website. Take 10 minutes. No need of an agent.

Great, thanks for the info. What more than the application for do they want eg. passport photos, flight ticket, copy passport?

KIO

Skickat från min G7-L01 via Tapatalk

Your single entry tourist visa will be free. 
Agents do not cost a lot and in most cases is cheaper than having to make two trips to the consulate.
You will just need your passport and a copy of its photo page. They don't ask for a ticket or anything else.

Ok great, have any specific agent that's recomended? So they don't even require photos as it sais on the application form?

KIO

I definitely suggest using an agent.  The one I use costs 30 MYR. The visa is free at the current time, but is usually 150 MYR.

We're 3 pax so thats 90 MYR... any one specific that you recommend?

KIO

57 minutes ago, KIO said:

We're 3 pax so thats 90 MYR... any one specific that you recommend?

KIO

I stay at the Chulia Mansion Hotel, and they will ask the agent to stop by on request. The agent operates out of a travel agency about 3 minutes walk from the hotel. I do not have my notes in front of me, and forget the address and name of the agency.