All quiet at Wat Dhammakaya as standoff continues

webfact

All quiet at Wat Dhammakaya as standoff continues

p5.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- It was business as usual at Wat Dhammakaya yesterday as police and temple officials stood their ground.

Temple security was tight at seven gates surrounding the massive complex that traverses two sub-districts in Pathum Thani.

Police also maintained their own security outside the complex.

The temple has been at the center of a long running standoff as chief monk Phra Dhammachayo wanted on embezzlement charges remains holed up inside, reports Daily News.

The only "action" at the temple yesterday was when a lawyer emerged to meet police regarding the posting of a notice about evidence gathering and buildings at the complex.

The lawyer said it was illegal to enter to post the notice and police from Klong Song and Klong Sam were kept at bay once again.

The notice related to more than 150 buildings that authorities say were illegally constructed at the site.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-20

If this charade continues for much longer, they might soon declare their own sovereign state, Prathet Dhammakaya, start printing their own money and stamps, issue passports, appoint a government lead by god king Dhammachayo, and hoist their flag each morning with much chanting and fanfare. As it looks right now, they already have put up their own "border security". 

I mean, after all Thailand's police, military and officials already seem to have absolutely no authority whatsoever in the temple grounds and Thai laws appear to be non-enforceable there (and in fact mockingly laughed at). 

Edited by Misterwhisper
additional text

24 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

If this charade continues for much longer, they might soon declare their own sovereign state, Prathet Dhammakaya, start printing their own money and stamps, issue passports, appoint a government lead by god king Dhammachayo, and hoist their flag each morning with much chanting and fanfare. As it looks right now, they already have put up their own "border security". 

I mean, after all Thailand's police, military and officials already seem to have absolutely no authority whatsoever in the temple grounds and Thai laws appear to be non-enforceable there (and in fact mockingly laughed at). 

Its more a reflection of how weak/useless the police,military and govt is rather than a show of how strong dhammakaya is. I have every confidence that a couple of well trained farang special ops like Spider Sheppard and Jimmy "Razor" Sharpe could be in there, cuff the ailing abbott and whisk him out faster than the police could open a manila envelope. A pathetic show for sure, and a reminder to all how the justice system works here - a few recent cases have left observers dumfounded but still believing in the polices integrity. Well they shouldn't.

What is need is an incentive, I propose a group of students like ten thousand , smuggle themselves inside and then get up onto the  golden roof and launch a protest against the junta with banners and placards , yellow and red balloons , loud music and anti junta slogans , like Prayut is a bum,  kick I'm in the A!!e, bet that will motivate the pricks. I wonder what country HM is in tonight................................:coffee1:

4 hours ago, jaidam said:

Its more a reflection of how weak/useless the police,military and govt is rather than a show of how strong dhammakaya is. I have every confidence that a couple of well trained farang special ops like Spider Sheppard and Jimmy "Razor" Sharpe could be in there, cuff the ailing abbott and whisk him out faster than the police could open a manila envelope. A pathetic show for sure, and a reminder to all how the justice system works here - a few recent cases have left observers dumfounded but still believing in the polices integrity. Well they shouldn't.

I wouldnt be so sure. This is a multi billion dollar facility with a lot of tunnels, secret passages, deception, built into its design. The plans of the place printed in a national newspaper earlier in the year were interesting enough. In reality the layout may be more complex. Getting to the bunker where head honcho is holed up may not be easy at all. There are , of course, even rumors of escape tunnels. To imagine that this facility is any old temple would be a big mistake. It IS like a country in Its own right and for all intents and purposes has its own massive economy and of course support from the rich and influential. It has more power, financial clout and the like than most thai provinces. Saying it is a separate state is hardly an exaggeration. 

1 hour ago, Jane Dough said:

I wouldnt be so sure. This is a multi billion dollar facility with a lot of tunnels, secret passages, deception, built into its design. The plans of the place printed in a national newspaper earlier in the year were interesting enough. In reality the layout may be more complex. Getting to the bunker where head honcho is holed up may not be easy at all. There are , of course, even rumors of escape tunnels. To imagine that this facility is any old temple would be a big mistake. It IS like a country in Its own right and for all intents and purposes has its own massive economy and of course support from the rich and influential. It has more power, financial clout and the like than most thai provinces. Saying it is a separate state is hardly an exaggeration. 

Yes it' like the Vatican and one can only imagine how much those Jesuits were really conspiring to overcome