Help Pattaya Police Identify Dead Foreign Diver

webfact

Help Pattaya Police Identify Dead Foreign Diver

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter -

201612191938395-20041019161308.jpg

Security camera images released by Pattaya police.

PATTAYA — Police in the resort town of Pattaya on Tuesday released images of an unidentified foreign man recently found dead under suspicious circumstances off the coast.

The body, clothed in diving suit and equipment, was spotted Friday near the popular Koh Larn, said Pattaya police chief Apichai Klobpetch. Police hope that anyone with information about the man, whose name and nationality are unknown, would come forward.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/12/20/help-pattaya-police-identify-dead-foreign-diver/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-20

The fact that no diving centre recognises him makes me think he was smuggling in something like drugs, (and the fact he was murdered).

I know it is a daft question, seeing as he was waiting in a queue to pay, did he pay by card???

Have the police profiled his DNA??? this may well at least point to his nationality, a good place to start...

Have they sent his finger prints to Interpol???

Have immigration got facial recognition software to check against the photos they take at passport control???

Edited by Basil B

You'd have thought that the diving company he was diving with might have noticed he was missing and reported his absence to the Marine Police or who whoever the appropriate authority is. Even if he was diving alone he would have still needed a tank which he must have got from somewhere. Tanks aren't cheap; someone must have reported it stolen.

M

1 hour ago, samjaidee said:

Even if he was diving alone he would have still needed a tank which he must have got from somewhere

Could have been snorkelling,  the original photo shows no tanks, regulators or buoyancy aid  ...or mask or snorkel, but he did have a back pack, who goes swimming, snorkelling or diving with a back pack.

Fact is he had his throat cut and given the circumstances IMHO he was engaged in some form of criminal activity.   

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

The fact that no diving centre recognises him makes me think he was smuggling in something like drugs, (and the fact he was murdered).

I know it is a daft question, seeing as he was waiting in a queue to pay, did he pay by card???

Have the police profiled his DNA??? this may well at least point to his nationality, a good place to start...

Have immigration got facial recognition software to check against the photos they take at passport control???

Divers on their own are automatically drug smugglers then? Strange assertion followed by strange questions but here we go...

Probably not, most foreigners prefer cash.

DNA can define nationality? Really?

Interpol are not a police force.

Depends on whether he entered recently or was a border hopper.

2 hours ago, samjaidee said:

You'd have thought that the diving company he was diving with might have noticed he was missing and reported his absence to the Marine Police or who whoever the appropriate authority is. Even if he was diving alone he would have still needed a tank which he must have got from somewhere. Tanks aren't cheap; someone must have reported it stolen.

All tanks must belong to a company? He must have stolen one because divers can't buy them individually?

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

M

Could have been snorkelling,  the original photo shows no tanks, regulators or buoyancy aid  ...or mask or snorkel, but he did have a back pack, who goes swimming, snorkelling or diving with a back pack.

Fact is he had his throat cut and given the circumstances IMHO he was engaged in some form of criminal activity.   

Freedivers use backpacks.

Criminal because his throat was cut?

Ooo-arrrr me lads, there be pirates about!!!

On 20/12/2016 at 0:47 AM, Basil B said:

Hey man, you are asking a lot of good questions. They need to go through a lot of work to answer those questions. BTW, who is paying? You mean doing all these works for nothing? Oh no, you can't be serious.

Just to fill out the details - other reports say he was previously heard speaking Russian, and a snorkel, goggles, swimcap, and "cutter" were found on the seabed. I suppose the former should help identification, and increases the chances of criminal involvement, and the latter probably renders any discussion about diving tanks redundant.

19 hours ago, Basil B said:

Police hope that anyone with information about the man, whose name and nationality are unknown, would come forward.

On 20/12/2016 at 3:47 PM, Basil B said:

55555555! A jest yes? there's no money in it for the police,sooooooo, nada nil ziltch......another mysterious "suicide"?

22 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Interpol are not a police force.

No, but a conduit to other national police forces...

22 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Probably not, most foreigners prefer cash.

She is buying, so did she pay by card???

Silly me if he is with her she is buying and he is paying :whistling:

Well he has been ID'd now. I find it interesting that the police have come up with 'murder or suicide  commited by a special method'.

Is that another name for killed by a 'powerful person' but its just a foreigner so we'll make something ridiculous up?