Retirement Visa-Bank Account Balance date

I'm going to apply for a retirement visa at Immigration in Korat in a couple of weeks.

Concerning the 80K Baht balance required in a Thai bank my question is,  if I get the requisite letter confirming the balance from Kasikorn Bank  dated a couple of days before I go to Immigration, is this acceptable?  I heard somewhere that Immigration will not accept bank confirmation letters dated prior to the date of the Immigration visit. But seems impossible to get dated same date unless bank will give post-dated letter which is also unlikely.

Appreciate if anyone could clarify.  Thank you.     

I have always received the bank letter the day before. Once immigration asked me to get new ATM receipt, so withdrew 1000bt and showed them the receipt that the funds were still in the account. It all depends on the office.

You said 80K bt, hope that was a typo the requirement for retirement is seasoned 800K for two months for initial and seasoned for 3 months for subsequent renewals. Good luck

• Like 2

I use Korat but WEO last year, always have a bank letter within 1 day of visit. 

Forgot to update my bank book last time, wasn't synched with the letter. *&^%!   Had to go back into the city, fix that then return Immigration next day.  They accepted the then 2 day old bank letter, but they knew I was a re-tread from the day before.  

Wife and I also take a ride out to Immigration a week or so prior, get the forms and check to see if there are any hot button policy issues or changes.  My general sense of them after 4 years is, if you are organized and polite, they are pretty easy going.

I use Korat but WEO last year, always have a bank letter within 1 day of visit. 

Forgot to update my bank book last time, wasn't synched with the letter. *&^%!   Had to go back into the city, fix that then return Immigration next day.  They accepted the then 2 day old bank letter, but they knew I was a re-tread from the day before.  

Wife and I also take a ride out to Immigration a week or so prior, get the forms and check to see if there are any hot button policy issues or changes.  My general sense of them after 4 years is, if you are organized and polite, they are pretty easy going.

Very helpful replies. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

4 hours ago, hoxman said:

You said 80K bt, hope that was a typo the requirement for retirement is seasoned 800K for two months for initial and seasoned for 3 months for subsequent renewals. Good luck

A typo hopefully.

2 hours ago, Evilbaz said:

In a place like Chiang Mai, where apparently you have to start queuing at 4am how can you possibly get a same day bank letter?

Not all offices have the same application of the rules / requirements. Best to ask your local immigration office in advance of your application