2 Million Baht in Cash to Thailand

autanic

I hope the OP realises that the pound value to baht changes all the time ( I actually benefited from Brexit changing baht to quids ). No doubt the rate will change in the future. IMO better to leave it in the UK and transfer enough for needs whenever the rate does get better.

BTW, school uniforms don't cost much in LOS.

I presume that the OP is just so happy to be returning to LOS that he just has to tell us all, but take it from one been there done that, that he would be well advised not to inform the beloved just how much moolah he has with him, and to invest in a very good safe.

Matey, life is too short. Live the dream while you can and enjoy!!

Watch your bags though and be ultra careful. 50k is a lot of smackeronies to be carrying about. 

Merry Christmas - but watch the booze on the plane and in the lounges. Need your wits about you.

• 3 weeks later...

Just buy prepaid cards using that cash - 2M baht takes a bit of space in a bag and can be sniffed by the dogs. Or much better, get Bitcoin for it and cash it out in Thailand. That's the #1 way to move cash across borders without anyone noticing, and it is legal.

Are you sure you are bringing enough, what happens if you run out

First class travel is much better, been a few yrs since I travelled that way but for ten yrs it was the only way I knew

Do not listen to those who say you are foolish, they are just jealous