Swiss Man Arrested For Insulting Monarchy

sriracha john

Swiss man caught for insulting monarchy

BANGKOK: -- A Swiss man was arrested for allegedly insulting the monarchy by painting over images of His Majesty the King, police said today.

Jufer Oliver Rudolf, 57, was caught Tuesday on surveillance cameras spray painting over portraits of HM the King with black paint at several locations in Chiang Mai, police Lt. Col. Kittiphan Kamwan said. He was detained Wednesday night and faces up to 15 years in jail if convicted, the police said.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=114830

-- Bangkok Post/Agencies 2006-12-07

qoute from the same article ....................

"The suspect must have been hired by someone so I have ordered soldiers to investigate the incident and bring the mastermind of this crime to justice,'' said Saprang Kanlayanamitr, a member of the Council for National Security.

excuse me , i'm off to get my tin foil hat .

qoute from the same article ....................
"The suspect must have been hired by someone so I have ordered soldiers to investigate the incident and bring the mastermind of this crime to justice,'' said Saprang Kanlayanamitr, a member of the Council for National Security.

excuse me , i'm off to get my tin foil hat .

Yes. It's huge. It's amazing :o

And probably, one of the best quote of the whole year, category "official under heavy ya ba influence".

As for the poor guy, he too must have been on a really strong psychedelic drug...

However, this is Thailand. So a Swiss citizen member of "undercurrents" in favor of TRT and Thaksin, why not ? Ah ah ah ah.

Vladimir Putin, no doubt. Seems to be blamed for everthing else... :o

Security cameras? In Chiangmai? Where?

Unless they belong to a private building (e.g. a shopping mall) I can't remember ever spotting any - so they must be very secure ;-)

Sounds like this muppet went onto private grounds to do this.

...... goes off to dig out x400-telephoto-secret-camouflaged-specs to go camera spotting.

How about another possibility--a totally conscious man single-handedly fighting the absurd feudalism.

As a American in my country we have idiots who spray paint every thing I don't think this idiot realized what he was doing I hope H.M the King forgives him and Thailand deports him and never let him back in Thailand we all know that was a very stupid thing to do but 15 years I think it a little to harsh but of course he should be forced to pay all damages done by his childish prank

Oh my god!

That’s a really silly thing to do in Thailand.

Of the all the Fun naughtiness one can get up to here. Painting over a picture of the king is a big “No, No"

One asks:

Has he not been in Thailand long?

Did someone dare him while drunk?

In England this might be taken as a silly prank. Something from a P.G. Wodehouse novel but in Thailand it’s absolutely the ultimate disgrace.

There are a lot of - what would be considered serious crimes in the western world - that would be far less offensive to Thailand. They are a fairly tolerant, broadminded race of people. But don't go messing with the monarchy.

Look how many people wear yellow t-shirts. Never seen such a selfless following anywhere. They really love the King. It’s not a bad thing.

Don’t go painting over his pictures.

Well this guys in trouble now.

How about another possibility--a totally conscious man single-handedly fighting the absurd feudalism.

As a American in my country we have idiots who spray paint every thing I don't think this idiot realized what he was doing I hope H.M the King forgives him and Thailand deports him and never let him back in Thailand we all know that was a very stupid thing to do but 15 years I think it a little to harsh but of course he should be forced to pay all damages done by his childish prank

Well maybe he wanted to get a 15 years hassle free visa....!!!! :o

Can one gets 15 years for painting over H.M GW Bush in the US?

I knew they were hard in Giztmo, but that hard !!!

:o

[sandy]