3BB Updates - Is it down

thhMan

I thought it would be great to have a thread on Internet services and 3BB in particular.

My missus just called 3BB and it seems all of Chonburi is down at this present time...

As I am on fibre, I cannot confirm if its down for other services, as for me, Fibre is down

I do have a 3G True USB stick for backup, which is great for emergencies like this... :)

As for speed...

I am on 200 by 50 and 3BB put me on 400 by 50 at double the price a while back...

I told them to put me back on the plan I pay for, which they did and also refunded me the money that was taken out of my account (thats how I caught it)

As I explained to the missus... Super high speed is great if all the sites you visit are Thai based.

Since nothing we surf is Thai based, not one single problem occurred with stepping back down to 200 - 50

I still stream effortlessly in 4k on Youtube and my torrents all are completed before I have finished having a pee!

My wife and kids are all doing their thing on the devices, with the only hiccup ever being when the service is down.

So as for speed.. its not worth getting the super speed one.... But if you need it, just ask 3BB and they will set it up for you, even if its not advertised :)

Just now, Upnotover said:

Town or province?  All OK here down Mabprachan way.

I am only forwarding the info we got from 3BB support

As I am in Pattaya (Soi Muslim), I am guestulating the support meant this local area and not the town.

Its been down most of the day and currently still down....

There was a fire above the 3BB office at the entrance to Soi Khao Noi on Sukhumvit this morning. Some local posters were off for an hour or so, maybe other areas are taking longer to resolve - if that is the problem for your outage.

There is a thread on the Pattaya section with details. 

35 minutes ago, dabhand said:

There was a fire above the 3BB office at the entrance to Soi Khao Noi on Sukhumvit this morning. Some local posters were off for an hour or so, maybe other areas are taking longer to resolve - if that is the problem for your outage.

There is a thread on the Pattaya section with details. 

Much appreciated :)

Sometimes just knowing what an issue is, can be more useful than the standard replies that leave people guessing

Its still down for me... My True USB stick is now empty of credit

So just tried USB tethering from my mobile again... Looks like its now fixed on W10

Anyway, its now Friday 11:41 am and still no Internet

My missus called again and instead of being able to speak to support, there is a pre recorded message that states the situation and that it is still being worked on.