Men removed from JetBlue flight with Ivanka Trump aboard

webfact

Men removed from JetBlue flight with Ivanka Trump aboard

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York man says he and his husband were removed from a JetBlue flight after his husband "expressed displeasure" about flying with Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner.

Matthew Lasner said on Twitter that JetBlue staff kicked him and his husband off the flight from New York's Kennedy airport to Florida on Thursday after overhearing his husband's remarks. Lasner tweeted earlier that his husband was chasing the couple down in the terminal "to harass them."

Lasner has since deleted his Twitter account.

JetBlue cited the possibility of "the risk of escalation during flight" in explaining the decision to remove the men. The airline says the couple was rebooked for the next available flight.

A spokeswoman for the Trump family declined comment but did not dispute the accounts.

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-12-23

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, beechguy said:

Well. since he doesn't appear to be a Republican, he can't possibly be called a hater.

My first thought also on reading this. Clearly a hate crime, but no mention of an arrest or detention. Double standards are completely unacceptable in this day and age. The PC brigade must be forced to lie in the bed they made. 

Just now, beechguy said:

Well. since he doesn't appear to be a Republican, he can't possibly be called a hater.

How can a Democrat base supporter be called a hater? You would have to be from the same party and an even more self marginalized minority than this guy thinks he is to have the cred to call him a hater. It would appear his micro aggression was triggered by seeing a Trump family member in coach seating. No pleasing some people.

My first thought also on reading this. Clearly a hate crime, but no mention of an arrest or detention. Double standards are completely unacceptable in this day and age. The PC brigade must be forced to lie in the bed they made. 

Which law was violated so he could be arrested?

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

How can a Democrat base supporter be called a hater? You would have to be from the same party and an even more self marginalized minority than this guy thinks he is to have the cred to call him a hater. It would appear his micro aggression was triggered by seeing a Trump family member in coach seating. No pleasing some people.

Just another case of snowflake anxiety.

52 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Which law was violated so he could be arrested?

Try tweeting about stalking one of the Obama kids or Chelsea Clinton and her hubby through an airport for the purpose of harassing them.  

Let us know the list of crimes you'd be charged with.

2 hours ago, jaidam said:

A hate crime? This does not meet the definition of a hate crime.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Try tweeting about stalking one of the Obama kids or Chelsea Clinton and her hubby through an airport for the purpose of harassing them.  

Let us know the list of crimes you'd be charged with.

No one was stalking Trump's daughter. She was in steerage on a budget carrier and a fellow passenger told her her father was ruining the country. I agree with him but don't agree with the time and place.

Let's put this into context. The daughter of a crazed, psychotic billionaire who has promised to stack the supreme court explicitly to take away the right to marry from gay people was flying on a budget carrier and there was supposed to be some sort of expectation to privacy and protection from citizens expressing their anger? Don't think so.  As for Obama's children, they are minors not middle age adults who campaigned for their father.

2 minutes ago, kamahele said:

Let's put this into context. The daughter of a crazed, psychotic billionaire who has promised to stack the supreme court explicitly to take away the right to marry from gay people was flying on a budget carrier and there was supposed to be some sort of expectation to privacy and protection from citizens expressing their anger? Don't think so.  As for Obama's children, they are minors not middle age adults who campaigned for their father.

Thats entirely your context. He's not stacking the supreme court for the explicit purpose of removing gay marriage. I seriously doubt anything will even roll backward on gay rights at all. 

You don't wanna start harassing people on flights, regardless of politics. Probably won't end well. 

25 minutes ago, kamahele said:

No one was stalking Trump's daughter. She was in steerage on a budget carrier and a fellow passenger told her her father was ruining the country. I agree with him but don't agree with the time and place.

From the OP:

Lasner tweeted earlier that his husband was chasing the couple down in the terminal "to harass them."

That's a pretty textbook example of stalking.

12 minutes ago, Aggressive said:

Thats entirely your context. He's not stacking the supreme court for the explicit purpose of removing gay marriage. I seriously doubt anything will even roll backward on gay rights at all. 

You don't wanna start harassing people on flights, regardless of politics. Probably won't end well. 

Trump could care less about gay marriage. He has said that it is OK with him. That has nothing to do with this incident at all.

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Being gay is no reason one should be condoned for being bitchy and disrespectful. 

Good they threw them off. 

Agreed.

No one should care about the choice of someone else partner.

I bet the OP would be ok with watching to Gay girls ?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

he and his husband were removed from a JetBlue flight after his husband "expressed displeasure" about flying with Ivanka Trump

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Lasner tweeted earlier that his husband was chasing the couple down in the terminal "to harass them."

Probably thought they were part of the 'Resistance'

In reality they were 'stalkers' 

In an airport. On a plane. Now they are upset that they got booted. 

Archived