Army keeps pressure on baht buses, taxis

Rimmer

14 hours ago, possum1931 said:

and there was me thinking they were desperate for passengers, hence that annoying pumping of horns at almost everyone they pass.

Everyone but you. Sadly, you've been misled. Time to consider a change of lifestyle I suppose. 

15 hours ago, mok199 said:

my new years wish ..a better pattaya with less tour buses ,taxis and traffic....possible????

As you haven't been able to notice the "less" tour buses and traffic already, you probably couldn't notice less taxis either. Shrewd TVF posters know that nothing gets better, only worse, in the inevitable, irreversible downhill spiral.

14 hours ago, naruk86 said:

Twas a dream too right. I remember once walking approx 2 miles along sukhumvit road and I overtook an ambulance with it's lights and siren on. By the end of my journey I had left it well and truly behind me.
With my heart thinking for the lives lost in this country due to poor response emoji29.png

Nothing in the least new there. Pattaya causes SO much hand wringing among the righteous here on our beloved forum.

I was transported to emergency via ambulance last night. Sukumwit was a mess, a Thai said "Thailand does not have good heart" as cars refused to clear the road for an ambulance with sirens and flashing lights.

ThaiBob, 2015-05-04 17:11:19

Try getting to the hsp on Songkran peak days.

But we seem to have changed the topic to My Dreams, closely related to My W@nks. No, it ain't Santa Barbara w/ cheap sex at Chang prices.

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Where are the baht bus stops exactly? I know they used to have them on Pattaya beach road, but anywhere else? :coffee1:

The ones that start in Pattaya Tai-2nd Road intersection usually end up in Soi Chayapruek in Jomtien.

The ones that start in Jomtien, usually end up going to Pattaya Beach Road from the start of it

The ones that start in Pattaya Tai usually end up going to the Sukhumvit end of Pattaya Tai

The ones that start in Pattaya Nua usually end up going to the Sukhumvit end of Pattaya Nua

On 24/12/2016 at 11:17 AM, deathmule said:

The ones that start in Pattaya Tai-2nd Road intersection usually end up in Soi Chayapruek in Jomtien.

The ones that start in Jomtien, usually end up going to Pattaya Beach Road from the start of it

The ones that start in Pattaya Tai usually end up going to the Sukhumvit end of Pattaya Tai

The ones that start in Pattaya Nua usually end up going to the Sukhumvit end of Pattaya Nua

He asked about bus stops not terminals! 

2 minutes ago, The manic said:

I thought the whole point of baht buses was that they stopped anywhere and were not limited to bus stops.  The authorities dealing with dangerous overcrowding would be useful but other stuff is nonsense. 

This will cause more overcrowding. People waiting for buses ... fights to get seats, major STRESS for riders. 

On 24/12/2016 at 5:14 AM, gk10002000 said:

sad sad and sad to keep reading about the army this, the military that. The Thai police are ... well I don't know what they are.  Right now totally subservient to the military <deleted> when the police should be under control and oversight of the people

both organisations are supposed to be the servants of the people 

On 24/12/2016 at 9:54 AM, champers said:

My bus didn't stop straight away when I pressed the buzzer. It went an extra 30 yards and stopped at a bus stop. This was on Beach Road this morning.

That's a crap thing to happen. 

Edited by The manic

1 hour ago, The manic said:

both organisations are supposed to be the servants of the people 

Let's not forget that we are in a country currently governed by the military who have given themselves the power to do whatever they want without any reference whatsoever to the Thai populace let alone any disgruntled tourists and expats.

On December 23, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Basil B said:

Is that not the job of the police???

The army is doing what the police should have been doing...

Let the police do their job ... and the army can oversee the police.

6 weeks boot camp for cops not doing their job.

The police is very busy Christmas season patrolling the beach and looking for ice cream vendors to get some money from. I wonder what the heavy traffic of farang was on the 23rd in and out the police box. It seems like they had a paper in hand and went in to pay something. I was standing outside waiting for my friend using the bathroom on the other side and it was raining so I stand outside the window, the blinds was closed but you could see in on an angle and the time I stand there approx 10 min 6-7 farangs went in and quick outside again.

13 hours ago, sharecropper said:

I was very disappointed to see you weren't nominated for TV's top poster recently. Maybe next year, eh?

Wrong as usual. In fact I was nominated but as you failed to see it (the ol' eyesight problem I suppose) you simply missed your chance to vote for me. Maybe next year, eh?

On 24/12/2559 at 10:36 AM, mcfish said:

I will be impressed when they activate the lights at zebra crossings on beach road. Why why are they dead, makes no sense.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Because breaks stop cars not red lights. How long have you been here ??

44 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Wrong as usual. In fact I was nominated but as you failed to see it (the ol' eyesight problem I suppose) you simply missed your chance to vote for me. Maybe next year, eh?

I sincerely hope so.

I love your one-note, pseudo-intellectual, contrarian comments so much, you deserve the prize for persistence alone. Good on you!

On December 24, 2016 at 4:47 AM, bodymassagemyfriend said:

Would that be also aksing too much having a line number on bhat buses as in other cities like Udon Thani. So that you can have a clue where there are going to and dont go for the best bid?

How about the traffic light installed a few years ago that nobody cares about?

I saw yesterday that the busses trafficking jomtien had new signs on them with Naklua-jomtien South and Naklua Jomtien North that I didn't see before.