Baht bus route signs new?

wpcoe

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 007cableguy said:

From TODAY there will be NO MORE baht bus service in either direction anywhere on Soi Buakhao. 

According to the motaxi drivers and local shopkeepers this is a council decision implemented from today and is permanent.

I think this is a good decision because Soi Buakhao is very narrow and the Baht buses always blocked the road.

57 minutes ago, denby45 said:

How is it some of the routes don't come back to their point of departure as in a circular fashion. Do they retrace and go in the opposite direction back to the start. The ones going along beach road cannot retrace for obvious reasons. That's why they go along second road presently. Or are they also changing the one way system.

A completely confused

Den

I'm also confused. How a passenger can drive back to the city when he stay at the end of Naklua?

17 minutes ago, andre47 said:

I think this is a good decision because Soi Buakhao is very narrow and the Baht buses always blocked the road.

The Baht buses block the road for all of 5 to 10 seconds mate..

They carry a lot of people and keep congestion down...

4 hours ago, denby45 said:

How is it some of the routes don't come back to their point of departure as in a circular fashion. Do they retrace and go in the opposite direction back to the start. The ones going along beach road cannot retrace for obvious reasons. That's why they go along second road presently. Or are they also changing the one way system.

A completely confused

Den

It looks like something a military would design. 

9 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

15672541_1841840669420729_2224210739421173391_n.jpg

15672927_1841840646087398_5655386434888887532_n.jpg15665823_1841840702754059_8708160587451579601_n.jpg15698021_1841840746087388_6862523179374329419_n.jpg15726206_1841840796087383_3800187311590838842_n.jpg15672753_1841840809420715_3786436904197616698_n.jpg15621997_1841840839420712_2948652831221768011_n.jpg

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Baht bus service on 3rd road now?!?

I'm totally confused. 

Per the maps above, I *think* route 4 goes down Third Road?  If so, that *is* new.  Maybe it's replacing the Soi Buakow route?

Route 5 is staggering.  Might be a good way to explore the city for B10?  :whistling:

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No service on 2nd road at all according to the maps!
2016 is one crazy year!

Those maps show routes 4 through 7.  What about routes 1, 2, or 3?  Are there routes  numbered 8 and above?  

@TaaSaparot: where did you get those maps?  Are there more of them?

7 hours ago, fforest1 said:

The Baht buses block the road for all of 5 to 10 seconds mate..

They carry a lot of people and keep congestion down...

I don't see how they keep congestion down by stopping in the middle of the road for 20 seconds or so every 50-100m.

Five seconds isn't long enough for people to get off and pay the driver.

Soi Buakhao is slow going even on a bike. Perhaps it could become another no traffic zone or one way only!

Edited by jacko45k

Talking to Pattaya Mail reporter, these are changes and additions to service. No changes to the existing routes (1-3) except the Soi Bua Khao restrictions mentioned. No more flagging a bus, must use designated bus stops (good luck with that).

2 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I just came back from Soi Bukow.....I had to wait about 20 minutes for a Baht Bus at Central ....

When the Baht Bus came it was instantly packed and with in a few more blocks I counted 20 people

onboard including myself.. 

An example of what I was afraid of. Long waits, no seats. I guess I'll be WALKING a lot more. 

If they're going this way why not replace the baht buses with BIG aircon buses and be done with it?!?

If you're going to have to wait, at least you would know there would be a seat. 

Edited by Jingthing

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No service on 2nd road at all according to the maps!
2016 is one crazy year!

The maps show the new routes, the old routes remain unchanged, except for Soi Bua Khao, simply use the new 3rd road service. 

No buses on Buakhao was a bit of a shock today. Has anyone seen them on 3rd Rd.?  Guess I'll find out tonight.

But what a pain, both having to make numerous extra walks and having to cross heavy traffic on either 2nd or 3rd Roads to catch or after disembarking from a bus. There just might be a lot of pedestrian accidents. Renew your insurance.

1 hour ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

No buses on Buakhao was a bit of a shock today. Has anyone seen them on 3rd Rd.?  Guess I'll find out tonight.

But what a pain, both having to make numerous extra walks and having to cross heavy traffic on either 2nd or 3rd Roads to catch or after disembarking from a bus. There just might be a lot of pedestrian accidents. Renew your insurance.

I was thinking the same. It's easy to cross Buakhao but often quite dangerous to cross 3rd. On the other hand, I've wanted service on 3rd for a long time. But I've been a big user of the Buakhao buses for a long time. I may even go there less now. I wonder about the impact on businesses especially those that invested with expectation of that service which brings in so much foot traffic. 

1 hour ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

There all lots of busses on 2nd and buoakao today and tonight. This is the busiest week of the year for foreign tourists so heavy traffic and longer wait times. So far this doesn't seem different from years past.