Work Permit/minimum Salary?

Dear readers, especiely sunbelt ,

I went to do WP based on the wife's shop.

personal income 350K /year.

The official there told there minimum wage for foreigner is 30K/month which of course any reasonable person can say that its impossible according to the income ( :o ).

So,whats the minimum salary for foreigner in this case?

*Please if its possible to give me a link for it as the official dont know the rule of the country and I need to teach her soon.

:D

The official there told there minimum wage for foreigner is 30K/month which of course any reasonable person can say that its impossible according to the income ( :o ).

*Please if its possible to give me a link for it as the official dont know the rule of the country and I need to teach her soon.

It is up to the discretion of the officer. No official statement on the minimum salary has been issued by the Labor Dept, ( of course it has for the Immigration and extension of stay based on business)

The unwritten rule is for a management position to be 30,000 Baht per month . For a Intern ... 6,000 Baht, Nanny... 8,000 Baht. So if you are a unskilled worker, your salary could be much lower than 30K.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

So by her definition of my job she didnt agree to write "personal assistant"

she agree and say that my position will be "general maneger" hehe:)

of a small shop that makes 350K per year.. :o hehe

anyway for this kind of job no need minimum 30K , right?

I can get 20K per month , Is that true? its depend on me how much I agree to work for and the decision is of my employee(my wife..for god sake..).

right sunbelt?I can argue with her on this if she will tell me this when I go again on monday.. true or no ?

So by her definition of my job she didnt agree to write "personal assistant"

she agree and say that my position will be "general maneger" hehe:)

of a small shop that makes 350K per year.. :o hehe

anyway for this kind of job no need minimum 30K , right?

I can get 20K per month , Is that true? its depend on me how much I agree to work for and the decision is of my employee(my wife..for god sake..).

right sunbelt?I can argue with her on this if she will tell me this when I go again on monday.. true or no ?

Nothing is written in the law, so its her call. Your only argument can be that you are a rookie assistant and not a GM. You are lucky you get anything but your wife likes how you are at night. :D

The key is to get her on your side. Don't piss her off or you are cooked.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

hi sunbelt ,

You are lucky you get anything but your wife likes how you are at night.

The key is to get her on your side. Don't piss her off or you are cooked.

I dont think I am so lucky..I got every document I did by myself with no lawers or something like that..if its tabian ban or visa , I follow the rules and I expect the officials to follow also.

I make my research and straight forward force them to obbey.

Most of the times they really I am not joking they r really dont know the rules of the country (!) sometimes they just play stupid in hope I'll never come back to demand it. but I do..with the right documnts what leaves them only to do their job..only 1 time I paid for their pizza..hehe but thats another story for different forum. :o

And finally..the wife..the princess of my life.. :D

hi zzz9

i'm in the same situation of you

with the difference that the business of my wife that employe me for GM is more of 350k per years,and my wife pay taxes

i'm GM and first year i get WP with minimum 35000k per months

now,with the news rule about visa,i upgrade my WP to 40-45k bath per months,so is easy when i must to renewal my extension marriage,no money to show in the bank

is not necessary but is better and easy when come time for renewal my extension

but the tax about salary is always 2000 bath per months,because if you have child like me,pay a little bit less of tax in your salary

sorry for my english

goodluck

Edited by Reinter

In Chonburi they accept 30,000/month (they did on mine anyway), but this was the lowest they would go!

Originally they demanded 60,000 to approve, but we haggled that down to 30,000, together with the fact that the workpermit will not be used for a 1 year extension based on employment (have this already through other means). For this extension you'd need 50,000/month as a European...

grtalor - nelieve me with the right face smile IT WORKS!! :o

In france act like france in thailand act like thai.

Now new update -question for Sunbelt:(and info for u all the members)

She agreed for 20K salary.

She say the fee is like this:

according to the visa in your passport the issue the work permit.

It goes like this:

1-3 (months visa in your passport)= 750B + 100B

3-6 = 1500B + 100B

6-12= 3000B + 100B

When your VISA finish you need to renew the work permit as well.

means in my case (Non imm '0' multiple):

every 3 months I go to the border so I have every time 3 months visa.

So-every 3 months visa I will need to pay 750B + 100B (=850B ).

Pls your advice.

grtalor - nelieve me with the right face smile IT WORKS!! :o

In france act like france in thailand act like thai.

Now new update -question for Sunbelt:(and info for u all the members)

She agreed for 20K salary.

She say the fee is like this:

according to the visa in your passport the issue the work permit.

It goes like this:

1-3 (months visa in your passport)= 750B + 100B

3-6 = 1500B + 100B

6-12= 3000B + 100B

When your VISA finish you need to renew the work permit as well.

means in my case (Non imm '0' multiple):

every 3 months I go to the border so I have every time 3 months visa.

So-every 3 months visa I will need to pay 750B + 100B (=850B ).

Pls your advice.

Good job.

What is your question ? Everything you said is correct.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I dont think I am so lucky..I got every document I did by myself with no lawers or something like that.

Oh but you were lucky. You were able to get free advice from Thaivisa.com :o

so if your spouse runs a business that makes more then 350k a year, she can hire you as a GM and you can get a WP??? its that easy? no need to register a thai limited?

No need as long as she has paid 25K in personal tax per year or has 2 Thai employees. The sole proprietorship could also have 350K in gross sales per year and qualify to hire a foreigner.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I'm actually amazed at all the free advises given on this board by Sunbelt, i mean... really. It really is nice to have them everyday on this board to set the record straight and put at ease our minds without even asking for a fee.

I for one always go to the Chiang Mai office when I need to get something "notarized" or anything that I can think of where I can show my support. I could only imagine what the expat community would be like without this great firm. I sure hope that all your efforts on here pays off and that you guys are running a prosper business. One thing for sure is that karma is strong on your side :o

Thanks again.

I'm actually amazed at all the free advises given on this board by Sunbelt, i mean... really. It really is nice to have them everyday on this board to set the record straight and put at ease our minds without even asking for a fee.

I for one always go to the Chiang Mai office when I need to get something "notarized" or anything that I can think of where I can show my support. I could only imagine what the expat community would be like without this great firm. I sure hope that all your efforts on here pays off and that you guys are running a prosper business. One thing for sure is that karma is strong on your side :D

Thanks again.

right :D

i agree 100 per cent

subnelt is fantastic here

i hope he can come also to southern thailand,sure can get many custommers and help many people.

thanks again for all info :o

anyway, all info that is right in bangkok about visa and business,it's not the same in other town with local officer,any town appear to have some different rules :D

sorry for my poor english

Edited by Reinter

I for one always go to the Chiang Mai office when I need to get something "notarized" or anything that I can think of where I can show my support. I could only imagine what the expat community would be like without this great firm. I sure hope that all your efforts on here pays off and that you guys are running a prosper business. One thing for sure is that karma is strong on your side :o

Thanks again.

Thank you very much. We like the forum and giving back to the community of expats. Not everyone has funds to hire a visa expert and we understand this.

Our business is doing very well. We have nine different seating areas in the lobbies and meeting rooms, all jamming with staff and clients. We sometimes are left with meetings taking place in the hallway with clients!

We love the Fortune Town and have been patiently waiting for someone to move out. It finally has happen. Another office is opening up on the same floor next month and we'll have more meeting rooms available. We now have over 75 staff sitting in 330 sq.m,. who can’t wait for more sitting space as well! A number of staff has commented,” we must be from Japan; how every centimeter is used in our office.” We are at 4.4 sq.m per staff.

In contrast, we are renting three office buildings in the city, over 1,500 Sq.m in fact we rent out. They are all subleased however, on an executive desk arrangement to clients. A number of people have asked why not moved to one of those buildings? It is simple for us… The Fortune Town is where we love having our office, right in front of the Subway Rama 9 exit 1. It is convenient and clients know where to find us.

For clients that support us, we very much appreciate your business. Each and every client means alot to us. You are a client, not a number.

Just to let you know, we are expanding so for some of you, no more meetings in hallways soon. :D

Happy Holidays!

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

What about the minimum wage requirements based on nationality that is required by immigration for the visa extension to go with the work permit? That requirement was clearly posted at the One Stop Center last time I did mine, and I don't think 35K would qualify under any nationality, apart perhaps from Burmese. Pardon me if I am missing something here, as Sunbelt certainly know better than I!

I disagree - there are min salaries - by nationalities - they are waived for teachers - 30k is also a discretionary waiver (unless your country is 30k)

It is up to the discretion of the officer. No official statement on the minimum salary has been issued by the Labor Dept, ( of course it has for the Immigration and extension of stay based on business)

The unwritten rule is for a management position to be 30,000 Baht per month . For a Intern ... 6,000 Baht, Nanny... 8,000 Baht. So if you are a unskilled worker, your salary could be much lower than 30K.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

What about the minimum wage requirements based on nationality that is required by immigration for the visa extension to go with the work permit? That requirement was clearly posted at the One Stop Center last time I did mine, and I don't think 35K would qualify under any nationality, apart perhaps from Burmese. Pardon me if I am missing something here, as Sunbelt certainly know better than I!
As Maestro has pointed out, the minimum salary is for the extension of stay based on business.

Why did zzz9 have to get a extension of stay based on business? He already has one based on marriage. He simply had to get a work permit. What is the salary requirements to get a work permit?

In other words, can a volunteer that gets paid no salary get a work permit? Yes

Can a Intern making 6,000 Baht or even no salary, get a work permit? Yes

Can a Nanny making 8,000 Baht a month get a work permit? Yes We have in fact done over a hundred applications in the past 60 days.

We have gotten hundreds and hundreds of American work permits approved with a salary of 30,000 Baht per month. Many do a visa run every 90 days. With the new extension of stay based on business, for most new start ups, it is impossible to qualify for a extension of stay based on business. They have to go in and out of the country every 90 days and do not have to follow the Immigration requirements for the extension of stay based on business.

When before Oct 1st, the minimum was 60,000 Baht per month for a extension of stay based on business. This now is 50,000 Baht per month. This minimum requirement though is Immigration and not the Labor Dept.

Do not confuse the regulations of Immigration with the Labor Dept. Also do not confuse the requirements for Immigration with a extension of stay based on business with the extension of stay based on living with a Thai child or wife.

I disagree - there are min salaries - by nationalities - they are waived for teachers - 30k is also a discretionary waiver (unless your country is 30k)

Correct with the extension of stay based on business.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Sunbelt Asia,

if i'm in a defacto relationship with a thai and work for her business making 25k a month, and the business hires 2 other thais, would i be able to get a WP and have a some kind of 90 day visa?

Depends if she paid 50,000 Baht in tax last year ( or pro-rata basis the last three months if she wasn't working last year) or the business did 700,000 Baht in gross sales last year. The reason why it is more, is you are not married with a Thai.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com