Your Approach To Using Thai-visa.com Forums

toptuan

Forum Usage Options  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As I came to the forum today, I noticed that 99% of the time I approach the use of it in a habitual way. Just curious how most people use this thread when they first come online here.

Most of the questions in the poll represent cycles of habits I've gone through myself. Also, interested to possibly uncover new and enlightening ways of utilizing the forum (last question on the poll).

Would you care to divulge your forum habits? (Sorry if I missed a major obvious technique/habit, but I'm here to learn too.).

Edited by toptuan

skim through 'new posts' checking interesting threads with only a few replies and jump in - don't bother with lenghty treads. Only when I have more time I do read all thread titles from 'new posts'.

every few days checking if any replies to threads I was writing in

Other: I click my "thaivisa" bookmark which loads up a bunch of tabs, each showing the first topic page for a subforum I read. I glance at the top of the list to see new/active topics. Then I close the tab when I get bored and move on to the next.

When I was on GPRS, this made it possible to read by clicking an article in one tab, then switching to another tab, or two, or three, to keep reading while the first one slowly loaded. Lather, rinse, repeat. Now it still feels more convenient on ADSL...

I usually go to bedlam or the pub first.

then enter threads depending on who the last post was by, or the thread title in some cases.

then eventually get into viewing new posts.

every now and then i go and look for an old thread or something.

Other: I click my "thaivisa" bookmark which loads up a bunch of tabs, each showing the first topic page for a subforum I read. I glance at the top of the list to see new/active topics. Then I close the tab when I get bored and move on to the next.

When I was on GPRS, this made it possible to read by clicking an article in one tab, then switching to another tab, or two, or three, to keep reading while the first one slowly loaded. Lather, rinse, repeat. Now it still feels more convenient on ADSL...

In my opinion, the whole bloody poll was worth this one post. Great idea, Techie_Autonomous. Thanks! :o

If I've been asking stupid questions I'll head straight for them, to check on replies

then head to Pattaya for a quickie (no pun intended) to see how many falang have been robbed or nicked for being drunken tw@ts

then a nice relaxing hour or so in Isaan with macb on the farm

and then while away the rest of my day either learning a bit of thai or chatting in the falang pub :o

Bugger me wiv a fish fork :D

Tempting, but I think I'll pass on this one. :D

Plenty of employees at Jennys would be willing !

totster :o

You need to stop hanging round with that Britmaveric lad, he's a bad influence. :D

I usually hit General topics first see if anythings kicking off, pop into the Bangkok forum case I can help anyone, check out the Pattaya war zone, but started reading the Issan forum a bit more now, about the most relaxing sub forum on here. :D

I have Thailand Forum on my firefox bookmark toolbar. It opens up the main page with all the forums. I scan from top to bottom, if there's nothing of major interest I go to General, Travel, Finance then Pattaya for some fun.

Interesting thread.

Usually just start at the top and work down, opening any interesting looking topics in new tabs which load in the background. Usually just click General Topics, Football, Forum Supprt (Don't know why this is...!) and the Bangkok sections, unless I have more time in which case Visas, Travel, Farrang Pub, Jobs and a few others might get a look in.

And any closed topics get an immediate click above all else! Am I the only one who does this?

:o I am always interested in anything that is closed! So I am with the last poster on that.

I have TVF in my favourites and go there, ending up on the news clippings page. Then work my way through. Never ever go into finance, visas or football. I don't have any of the former, no problem with the next one and no interest in the latter!

If I've been asking stupid questions I'll head straight for them, to check on replies

then head to Pattaya for a quickie (no pun intended) to see how many falang have been robbed or nicked for being drunken tw@ts

then a nice relaxing hour or so in Isaan with macb on the farm

and then while away the rest of my day either learning a bit of thai or chatting in the falang pub :o

you make it sound likea day at work. leisure is wasted on some it seems.

Yes, I used mozilla for years and now use seamonkey, but it would also work in firefox I imagine.

Rather than try to create all the tabs and bookmark them at once, I think I actually used the "manage bookmarks" screen to move stuff around where you can view the bookmarks hierarchically like a file manager. Same idea though... this way is easier to adjust things later on as well.