Getting Tops to reorder out of stock items.

watcharacters

6 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Well we can debate that till the cows come home. I was just going by what my g/f does and she is Thai. I have also seen the same first hand in stores. When she shows complete disinterest it means that she does not want to debate or confront something. Silence is the better part of valor or golden  or non confrontationial the interpretation is "Up to you"

For sure no  debate.    YOU choose your style based on your G/F  and I'll choose mine.

Good luck to you..

Our local Tesco Lotus in Bangchang has the annoying habit of running out on the basic items on mid day Saturdays, ie potatoes, carrots and onions. Last week I was so annoyed I called the manager and asked him about this happening almost every week and trying to explain that ordering enough stock means more sales and profits for the company. His dead pan faced reply was "shop early" This store is always running shelf stock down to nothing before reordering, it must be a Thai thing. we are hoping for a Big C opening one day to give this useless shop some competition. I now usually drive to Rayong for my shopping now, to a well stocked Big C and a Tops in the new Central shopping complex a good 1/12 hour round trip but worth it

On 12/25/2016 at 2:56 PM, Briggsy said:

Often the chain of suppliers has more links in it here than in the West. So, it may well be that Tops or Makro is not the importer. So they are dependent on what the importer brings in.

<snip>

When my wife ran an imported food retail store in the US, this was often the case.

It was not uncommon for importers to run out of stock of a particular item and not receive new stock for many months, if ever. The retailer would be left with an empty space on the shelf, and unhappy customers. 

Ok I will have a grunt at Tesco lotus. Absolute joke for christmas goods. No savoury crackers and the price of those biscuit tins with big Ben animation on them is a disgrace. Double the price in tesco. This crappy store no one visits by us sold the same Danish london animated biscuits for half the price. Bit shocked tesco cannot beat local shops for stuff like coke and carnation milk. Very greedy operation here in thailand. I know it's a convenience to get all stuff in one place but it should be more competitive than the local convenience stores by a few baht at least.

On 12/26/2016 at 11:15 AM, madmax2 said:

Called inflation depends on where it comes from and the exchange rate at the time of purchase

Maybe, in part.  4 pack of Nautillus sandwich tuna in spring water has been 126 Baht the last 4 years, amid fluctuating exchange rates and inflation. 

Last month, fell to and holding at 110 Baht.   images.jpg