What happens if I get stopped on the way to border with overstay?

I may need to do a visa run by private car instead of tour for medical reasons.

My overstay is about a week.

Whenever I do visa runs to cambodia with agencies, I see tons of army road blocks and also police check points. If they stop us, do I show my passport? Do I say I don't have it? 

If I say I'm on my way to border, will they let it slide? 

Additionally, I will be carrying letter from doctor with 90 extention request.

The law stipulates: 

"Arrested and prosecuted" 

Not sure if that included road blocks, no helmet etc….?

Edited by Satearn
No reason

6 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Your chances of being granted an extension of stay are pretty much zero, I'd say, if you're now on overstay. For this reason I would strongly advise you not to go to your immigration office tomorrow since you would almost certainly be opening up a can of worms for yourself.

And doing a visa run by private car is also fraught with considerable risk since, if you were stopped by the BIB or army en route to the border, you would almost certainly be asked to produce your passport. And denying that you had it would almost certainly not cut any ice: whichever way you cut it there would be an extremely high chance of your finding yourself banged up.

My advice to you would be to do the visa run by air (if your health permitted this) and pay for the week's overstay at the airport. IMHO this would be the least risky course of action for you, relatively speaking.

Can't do air

Can I pay overstay in advance?

Edited by Satearn

1 minute ago, Satearn said:

Can't do air, and can pay overstay at immigration

Not sure they'd accept any payment. Instead they would probably arrest you and send you to the Immigration Detention Centre in Bangkok where you would be detained until a one-way flight ticket out of Thailand could be produced on your behalf.

3 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Not sure they'd accept any payment. Instead they would probably arrest you and send you to the Immigration Detention Centre in Bangkok where you would be detained until a one-way flight ticket out of Thailand could be produced on your behalf.

One can always pay at immigration...did it last week!

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

He has already tried to get an extension for medical  extension. You should read his other topics.

Immigration may refuse his medical extension after he pays the overstay and give him seven days to leave after he pays 1900 baht.

He only has a 7 day overstay and has contacted immigration before.

5 minutes ago, Satearn said:

Overstay one day

Sorry, doesn't make sense.

they let you pay one day overstay last week and then just let you leave with no extension.

surely they would have at least had to give you 7 days to leave the country

Edited by Doiger
Spelling
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, A1Str8 said:

Depends on who stops you. You either get detained or can continue to the border. 

I understand what your saying but the OP is saying he is now on about a week overstay so he definitely never continued to the border 

Edited by Doiger

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

He has already tried to get an extension for medical  extension. You should read his other topics.

Immigration may refuse his medical extension after he pays the overstay and give him seven days to leave after he pays 1900 baht.

He only has a 7 day overstay and has contacted immigration before.

They said they only issue one 7 day extension .... Is that true?

In answer to your specific questions: the roadblocks usually do not check Western looking travelers. If they did, arresting you (unless you paid a bribe) is a likely outcome.. Catching those illegally in the country is their job.

Note, that I am not unsympathetic to your problems. When you are ill (even just a bout of flu) it is hard to deal with everyday bureaucratic nonsense. However, as others have advised, only leaving urgently by air is a reasonably safe option.. If you cannot do that, assume the worst case scenario (arrested and detained) and make precautionary preparations accordingly.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

In answer to your specific questions: the roadblocks usually do not check Western looking travelers. If they did, arresting you (unless you paid a bribe) is a likely outcome.. Catching those illegally in the country is their job.

Note, that I am not unsympathetic to your problems. When you are ill (even just a bout of flu) it is hard to deal with everyday bureaucratic nonsense. However, as others have advised, only leaving urgently by air is a reasonably safe option.. If you cannot do that, assume the worst case scenario (arrested and detained) and make precautionary preparations accordingly.

Best advice Tim.

I'm not I'll, just if I travel I could make my hypercacusi and tinnitus worse for life, no cure.

I'm now at 13 000 hertz 24/7, it,s like a hiss from tea kettle, but still tolerable. Damaging it further could increase the volume x fold and take this condition to "suicide t" level, where one is so tortured that well..no need to explain....

The hypercacusi can also get inflmmed permanently, in that case I might bre homenoud for life and need earplugs and muffs 24/7 outside till the day I die.

My condition is acute now, very risky to travel, if the frige noise is loud? If the motorbike at 30 km per hour is loud with muffs AND plugs...how will a car be at 90?...65 decibels they say, then I have to deal with vibrations through road noise that increases bone conduction sound waves further.

If I can't get extension.... Maybe by car at 60 km per hour might work...

10 hours ago, Satearn said:

They said they only issue one 7 day extension .... Is that true?

When did you get the first 7 days to leave the country after applying for and paying 1900 baht for an extension because it was denied?

You stated you paid for an overstay last week. It seems that was would of been when you applied for an extension.

Only one 7 days to leave the country stamp can be done.

• Like 1

I paid one day overstay, then 1900

The 1900 extended my 7 day to 20 days I think?

Then went back to try extending again, staff were willing to do it, but guy in office refused.

Now I have a fresh doctor letter again stating I can't travel by any means for 90 days, reason being possible irreversible ear damage.

I will attempt today again....but I wish a lawyer could assist me, I'd be happy to grease some hands for a few thousands...

10 minutes ago, Satearn said:

Then went back to try extending again, staff were willing to do it, but guy in office refused.

Now I have a fresh doctor letter again stating I can't travel by any means for 90 days, reason being possible irreversible ear damage.

I will attempt today again....but I wish a lawyer could assist me, I'd be happy to grease some hands for a few thousands...

When did you pay the one day of overstay and 1900 baht baht.

It seems they probably gave you 7 days after you tried for another extension based upon medical care after it was denied.

26 minutes ago, Satearn said:

So what is stopping you from calling a lawyer that specializes in immigration matters? You keep turning to Thai visa posting multiple times when you could be contacting a lawyer with good connections at immigration to help you out. Instead you waste time and by doing so, your overstay continues to pile up. Do the visa run or contact a lawyer immediately. I don't fault you for having this medical condition, but I do fault you for wasting a lot of time. I sent you a PM with the name of a lawyer but you chose to ignore it.

Edited by wmlc
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, wmlc said:

So what is stopping you from calling a lawyer that specializes in immigration matters? You keep turning to Thai visa posting multiple times when you could be contacting a lawyer with good connections at immigration to help you out. Instead you waste time and by doing so, your overstay continues to pile up. Do the visa run or contact a lawyer immediately. I don't fault you for having this medical condition, but I do fault you for wasting a lot of time. I sent you a PM with the name of a lawyer but you chose to ignore it.

Thank  you for the help

I thought the PM was for Visa run companies in Bangkok...I didn't choose to ignore it

And yes, wasting a lot of time, because the condition keeps alternating, one minute I feel I can do this, next minute I relapse and can't travel, I already missed 2 visa runs because of this....

This is the worse situation I've been in my whole life (health), and I NEVER missed a visa run in Thailand in 15 years...

Thank  you for the help

I thought the PM was for Visa run companies in Bangkok...I didn't choose to ignore it

And yes, wasting a lot of time, because the condition keeps alternating, one minute I feel I can do this, next minute I relapse and can't travel, I already missed 2 visa runs because of this....

This is the worse situation I've been in my whole life (health), and I NEVER missed a visa run in Thailand in 15 years...

I clearly wrote the word lawyer and put his name and number under it. I honestly don't think you have the money to spend on a lawyer or to greese anyone. Read my PM and call this lawyer if you can pay and you want help. Otherwise do us all a favor and stop posting constantly asking for help but then refusing it. Yes I gave you the names of visa run companies in BKk by mistake but as you know already, there are plenty of them in Pattaya. Handle this now before the situation becomes worse and more costly. But I feel there is no need to keep posting. I'm beginning to think this might even be a troll post because you don't need me or any other forum member to give you the name of a lawyer. You can easily search online and find one yourself. 

Edited by wmlc
  • Like 2

Your story doesn't make sense.

you said you paid one day overstay last week but you are now on about a week overstay already, I dont believe that immigration would allow you to leave to go straight on to overstay again.

you think you got an extension but you are not sure if it was for 7 or 20 days, the last time I got an extension it was quite clear how many days I got and when I had to leave the country.

i also don't think you are helping yourself by starting at least 3 or 4 different threads on the same topic.