easy visa exempt entry ?

Hi Guys,

My situation:

-been in Thailand for 2 years on 1x METV and various SETV's.

-passport was full so I flew back to germany (homecountry) and made a new one

-dont have enough time to get a new METV or SETV at the thai embassy so I will fly back without a visa in 2 days.

-I fly to thailand one way

Never came to Suvarnabhumi without a visa. Do I need some documents or do I get the 30 day visa exempt stamp and then I can get the extension for additional 30 days as usual ?

Thank you very much :jap:

You may be required to show a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival to board you flight. A low cost one way ticket to a nearby country would meet the requirement if needed.

No need for any documents on entry. You will get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Then during the last week of your 30 day entry you can apply for a 30 extension at immigration.

Two years is a good while.  I would be prepared to answer questions.  

I would suggest you carry 20K Baht worth of cash or travelers checks (any currency will do), and show it, helpfully, at the first sign of questioning.  This is the most common excuse - er, I mean "reason" -  used to deny entry to frequent and/or longer-stay visitors to Thailand.

I would also carry some sort of proof of where your money comes from - why you have no reason what so ever to work illegally in Thailand, which would be their other grounds for denial of entry.

Also, know exactly where you will be staying, and possibly have a Thai-friend's contact info.

Perhaps you will need none of that, and sail right through without a word - but never hurts to be prepared.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fullofmax said:

Can I book an outgoing flight after the 30 days visa exempt entry ? It would be after 50 days so it is within the 30 days extension. 

Thanks alot for your help, guys !

It would need to be within 30 days. Check Air Asia for one flights to KL from different airports. You may find one for as little as 1000 baht.