Criminal record issue to Permanent residence

Hello people, in future I would like to apply for permanent residence in Thailand, but I found out that my father has criminal record in our home country, the crime is from more then 20 years ago, and he divorced from my mom when I was 1, so I actually never even lived with him or had contact with him,

If I want to apply for Permanent residence is gonna be a problem? could his criminal record affect anything else in Thailand?

Thank you

As per Ubon Joe's reply, only the applicant is required to have a criminal record background check carried out. For British subjects, this is handled by the Association of Chief Police Officers or ACPO 

Note: When I carried out my own PR application in December last year 2015, my existing ACPO form had expired, and a new one was requested by the RP applications IMO at CW Immigration BKK.

Apparently, the ACPO form must have been issued within the last 3 months to be valid when used in a PR application. You may wish to check this info, and to verify if 3 months is still the case.

Additionally, the ACPO form MUST have an appostile attaching to it. What a pallava this was to get done. I hired a UK solicitor to help with the process, and to carry it out in person. Do NOT use the mail process, since the Thai Embassy in London is notorious for loosing important documents, time and time again.

I hope this information helps - good luck with your application :jap:

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago i applied for a job that required a criminal record check.About 30 years ago i ran out of car tax on a saturday..I took the car tax of offmy wifes car and used it. A warden nicked me for using a car tax disc that wasnt for my car. i went to court and was fined 50 quid for using her car tax that i had paid for.Later i went for a job that needed a extensive search because it was working with children.The search came back mentioning the previous offence.Luckily enough the people who i was going to work for said it was not applicable.But i called scotland yard and was told to contact the  'step down' department.After explaining my case and the year,they were happy to wipe it.therefore i have no criminal record.And even when i worked at the school in Pattaya,it didnt show. So i would advise any body with a slight offense to do the same thing,if they are worried.