Accident video: Netizens debate whether it was the taxi driver's fault or the bike rider's

webfact

Correct tgeezer..... in basic principle

power gives to sail gives to fishing vessel.... however, ALL vessels give to vessels of restricted maneuverability (e.g. sail to tanker)

that said, no vessel has an absolute right of way

i apologize for being too frugal in words, stating only "in general", when I should have specified maneuverability.... I erroneously said larger, because they are often less manouverable...... in this thread, the scooter is far more maneuverable.

personally, I always give way to larger vehicles than my own, as a minimum.... and whilst it oftentimes make for a longer journey, the journey is safer

also, your point about overtaking vehicle ( vessels for MO)  is 100% accurate.... the overtaking vessel is completely responsible in this manouver.... and probably why we immediately condemn the rear vehicle

IMG_3210.PNG

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/27/2016 at 7:04 AM, phyx1u5 said:

regardless of who is right or wrong in this video, the govt should make a law whereby no matter whatever happens on the road, if a motorcyclist is involved in any form of accident whether they are responsible or not, they are immediately wrong if they were not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.

That's sort of built in, the driver of the motorbike has contributory liability to personal injury if he's not wearing a helmet (same for the driver's seatbelts in car). It doesn't make him automatically liability in the accident but it does make him automatically have some liability for any injuries he suffers.