Divorce Advise.

nixy67

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, nixy67 said:

I have no plans to re-marry been there done that in the UK plus I don't like wedding cake. We can all be wary of Thai girls, most women from wherever can be just as sneaky in the same way most Thai girls we are, just some guys are more stupid than others hence why they lose everything. Thankfully 3 years living and working here has taught me the minute they act up or begin to, I show them the door .

If you don't plan on marrying this woman, why are YOU funding HER divorce??  She's married to the Austrian guy....you are not.

Next step Is buying a house In her name.

Edited by F4UCorsair

1 hour ago, nixy67 said:

I have no plans to re-marry been there done that in the UK plus I don't like wedding cake. We can all be wary of Thai girls, most women from wherever can be just as sneaky in the same way most Thai girls we are, just some guys are more stupid than others hence why they lose everything. Thankfully 3 years living and working here has taught me the minute they act up or begin to, I show them the door .

Yes , yes  ,yes very true.

told the new one the doors is their if your not happy the way things are .

i  hate wedding cakes , but lots seem to love them , sorry no lots fell in to the thai pussy  scam .

Most law firms will sometimes accept half the payment upfront and half after the case is complete. But for 20,000 they will probably want it all because it is such a small amount. If you are worried, make this offer to them.

Edited by wmlc

6 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

If you don't plan on marrying this woman, why are YOU funding HER divorce??  She's married to the Austrian guy....you are not.

Next step Is buying a house In her name.

Yes same here can't understand why he cares about her getting a divorce.

she is a player , like lots of them not all but lots of them are player and the ones who have ex  foreigners are the worst of the lot just no good, you run , run from those  type of thai lady's .

Who said I was funding the divorce ? I am just trying to make sure she can do it without the hassle and being ripped off. All I was asking for was advice off people who may of been through a similar situation and if things can be made a little easier, without keyboard type warriors making snide comments. For the record if I was buying anything here, it would be a condo and in my name. Keep the childish comments to yourselves there not helpful.

19 hours ago, nixy67 said:

He is Austrian and it makes no difference they were married here under Thai Law. So need to be divorced here from what I understand. He can divorce her in Vienna, but as they were not married there is of no consequence, other than that just clears the way for him to re - marry there if he so chooses. Regardless he would still be married under Thai law as would she.

Not correct.

a legal divorce from one country is recognised in every other country that I know of, there is more paperwork involved to get it recognised but it is a divorce. 

20 hours ago, MasterChief86 said:

how flexible are australian lawyers? for that matter, how affordable are they?

They are very flexible.  I saw one do the splits once.   She did not want money up front either.

AND . . .   when it come to helping with a divorce between a feller from Austria and a Thai national they are definitely the lawyers you want.

7 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Yes same here can't understand why he cares about her getting a divorce.

she is a player , like lots of them not all but lots of them are player and the ones who have ex  foreigners are the worst of the lot just no good, you run , run from those  type of thai lady's .

nixy67

Best advice on here :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, nixy67 said:

Who said I was funding the divorce ? I am just trying to make sure she can do it without the hassle and being ripped off. All I was asking for was advice off people who may of been through a similar situation and if things can be made a little easier, without keyboard type warriors making snide comments. For the record if I was buying anything here, it would be a condo and in my name. Keep the childish comments to yourselves there not helpful.

Ok good on you 

but she is not being rep off that is how it is done , in lots of country money up front.

you did not say you was not funded her divorce but the way you put it you seemed like you want to pay for it .

i for one not care what people do and good you ask here , but make it clear what you are doing about her divorce and you will not get the key board warriors .

3 hours ago, nixy67 said:

Good man Bandito, just to be clear if the marriage was recognised in a foreign country i.e. Europe (which it is and he apparently has divorced her there, yet no paperwork has been sent to Thailand as yet) she just needs to translate those documents into Thai and take to a Amphur and register the divorce there it can be done that way ?. Or does he need to register the divorce at the Amphur himself (bearing in mind he is refusing to travel to Thailand).

Bandito is perfectly correct.

Both Marriages and Divorces are mutually accepted as legally binding between Thailand and European Countries, regardless of where you got married or divorced.

However I do think he is telling her BS regards already divorcing her in Austria.

http://ceflonline.net/wp-content/uploads/Austria-Divorce.pdf

For a quick divorce, the grounds would have to be admitted adultery or irretrievable breakdown and she would have to consent by signing the appropriate legal documents.

For divorce in her absence on the grounds of desertion, a much longer time frame would be required.

He's just letting her stew because she left him!

Been there, done it.

Married in China. Divorced in UK. 

Edited by dentonian

Don't get me started on lawyers yes 20,000 bahts sounds cheap but be careful they may do the old bait and switch on you. I had this happen in Mexico. The opening shot was cheap and once started it stalled from time to time for injections of fresh money. My g/f's sister went through the same process here. She sent the papers to the USA and he refused to sign so she did it locally with a lawyer. After being apart for a year or two today the marriage is considered over by most standards. Her cost was about 10,000 baht for the whole process. 

Edited by elgordo38

The easiest way is have her report him abandoning her and she does not know where he is

The court will issue a divorce based on that

Talk to another lawyer about it and state you do not know where he is SIMPLE and EASY \

Don't be stupid since he does not want to come back and probably will not sign 

My missus has been married for 28 years to a uk national, they have been separated for over 20 years and I have been with her for 10 years. We recently moved back to Thailand and she was looking at getting a divorce so we could marry to make it easier for me on the visa front there is no other reason we want to get married as we have been together for 10 years. We looked into it from this side and it is a long drawn out process around 2 years even though the ex husband is fine about signing the papers, so she spoke to him and he has agreed to file for it from the uk it will be both cheaper and quicker that way.

I not worried that she will try and take my money as she has already gifted me half of her London apartment she bought it before we were together with her own money and it is now in both of our names and rented out, she also owns a house in Bangkok which we are living in at the moment but may move elsewhere. I did however sell my house in Wales to fund our move  the value of the house in Wales and the London apartment are about the same so if in the unlikely event that things go tits up in the future neither of us would have actually lost anything.

Situations like these, I admire the Arabs!

' I divorce thee, I divorce thee, I divorce thee "

Game over, no lawyers and ' No, you can't take the car, it's no good to you anyway as women are not allowed drive on the roads'  then you kick THEM out of the house and send them back to their parents in disgrace!

My kind of divorce! :1zgarz5:

23 hours ago, MasterChief86 said:

What ever you do do not engage Ozy lawyers! I've some very very bad memories! An Ozy divorce costs about $8000 now, a year ago it was $30 .......go figure! :wai:

OP asks:

It's not a big amount 20.000 THB but i am still wary of paying the full amount up front before they get off the backside. Any helpful advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

It's normal that Thai-lawyers asks for the full amount up-front. I was also skeptical – as one bear the risk that the lawyer work slowly, now all money has been received – and I have little mixed experiences in how fast things progress, but if I wish the assistance from a Thai lawyer, I need to follow their rules of their game, and I can always "shop around" and check if others will play with a different set of rules...:smile:

6 hours ago, nixy67 said:

From your OP....".I am wary of paying the full amount up front..."

That sounds to me like you are funding It.

On 12/27/2016 at 6:26 PM, MasterChief86 said:

Australian lawyers will take the shirt off your back and then they want a pound of flesh but i don't think they can help when the girl is married to an Austrian.

On 12/27/2016 at 7:12 PM, nixy67 said:

He is Austrian and it makes no difference they were married here under Thai Law. So need to be divorced here from what I understand. He can divorce her in Vienna, but as they were not married there is of no consequence, other than that just clears the way for him to re - marry there if he so chooses. Regardless he would still be married under Thai law as would she.

That is not correct,i know this personly,twice.Just have to show divorce papers from home country.