Foreign Ministry Bangkok

I will fly back to Bangkok from China to have the Thai Foreign Ministry put their seal on translations of my Thai marriage certificate.

(Yes, the Thai Embassy in Beijing might be able to do this, but I'm an overnight trip away, and there are other factors.)

I will then take that to the Chinese Embassy, get their "legalization" and return to China. I did all this once before for Korea.

While I've done it before, it was eleven years ago  The office was at Chaeng Wattana.  Looking at the internet, I think it may have moved.

Ergo my question:  Where is the Thai Foreign Ministry office in Bangkok that blesses translations of Thai marriage certificates?

At the Foreign Ministry (on Chaeng Wattana road) the best bet is to go one floor up where there is a row of booths with a police box on the end and the translation office at the other end. The translation office does a great job of the entire thing including the official seal and legalization. Cost me 900 baht which included EMS to my house in Phuket.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That is very nice to know.

"Unfortunately," I will have translations in hand.  Given the time constraints of scurrying back to China, it may be a good idea to show up early, wait six hours, and hit the Chinese visa center at Thanapoom Tower the next morning.

One thing I forgot to ask about is where exactly the MFA is. CW is a huge complex.  I vaguely recall that it was in the front of the complex, but I have no idea what to show to or say to a taxi driver, or even what floor it is on, or how early in the morning I should arrive for same day service.