Israel: 'Ironclad information' White House behind UN rebuke

webfact

The jig is up. Kerry finally admitted that Israel was telling the truth about this underhanded move.

Kerry Admits US Coordinated With UN Security Council on Israeli Settlement Resolution

During his speech today at the State Department, Secretary of State John Kerry seemed to confirm much of what Israeli diplomats had been claiming for the past couple of days — the United States was behind the United Nations resolution on Israeli settlements.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/kerry-admits-us-coordinated-with-un-security-council-on-israeli-settlement-resolution/

I like this one:

President-elect Donald Trump‘s pick for CIA director Mike Pompeo liked a tweet Wednesday that called Secretary of State John Kerry a “traitor.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/donald-trumps-pick-for-cia-director-likes-tweet-calling-john-kerry-a-traitor/

Edited by Ulysses G.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

The jig is up. Kerry finally admitted that Israel was telling the truth about this underhanded move.

Kerry Admits US Coordinated With UN Security Council on Israeli Settlement Resolution

During his speech today at the State Department, Secretary of State John Kerry seemed to confirm much of what Israeli diplomats had been claiming for the past couple of days — the United States was behind the United Nations resolution on Israeli settlements.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/kerry-admits-us-coordinated-with-un-security-council-on-israeli-settlement-resolution/

Regardless of your attempted spin, it sounds very reasonable. :thumbsup:

From the article:

“The United States did not draft or originate this resolution,” Kerry said. “Nor did we put it forward. It was drafted by Egypt.”

“We made it clear to others including those on the Security Council that it was possible that if the resolution were to be balanced and it were to include references to incitement and to terrorism, that it was possible the United States would then not block it.

"That if it was balanced and fair. That’s a standard practice with resolutions at the Security Council.”

3 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

I like this one:

President-elect Donald Trump‘s pick for CIA director Mike Pompeo liked a tweet Wednesday that called Secretary of State John Kerry a “traitor.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/donald-trumps-pick-for-cia-director-likes-tweet-calling-john-kerry-a-traitor/

From that article:

But then came Kerry’s admittance that the United States let it be known to the Security Council that if the resolution had certain language, they’d allow it to go through.

“We made it clear to others including those on the Security Council that it was possible that if the resolution were to be balanced and it were to include references to incitement and to terrorism, that it was possible the United States would then not block it. That if it was balanced and fair. That’s a standard practice with resolutions at the Security Council.”

The Israelis are twisting this big time.  Wow. What a spin. LOL

Seems it has caused some action in Israel. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38451258

Meanwhile, an Israeli committee has postponed a vote to authorise construction of almost 500 new homes in Jewish settlements in occupied East Jerusalem.

The move apparently follows a request from Mr Netanyahu's office.

6 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

"The metaphorical ethnic cleansing through the refusal to use the word Palestinian emboldens those who wish to implement a literal ethnic cleansing as a Final Solution."

If anyone wanted "literal ethic cleansing," they probably would have done it when the "Palestinians" refused an offer for their own country and attacked Israel with 5 Arab armies. As it is now, their numbers keep growing and they have an obesity problem.

As to Israel's claims that the Obama administration orchestrated the UN vote, it is pretty obvious to many that it is true. Kerry's defensive, over the top lecture to Israel today did little to change that perception. His attempt to explain it away just came off as desperate.

What's more, it's so  highly insulting that he & Obama actually seem to expect people to buy it!  What kind of moron do you have to be to actually believe such crap! Typical Obama arrogance.   (Hillary's the same way.  'Must be something in the water the dem-elite drink.)

I like this one:

Nothing in Kerry's words supports the headline or your conclusion.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Who cares what diplomatic maneuvers have been taking place?

If you pay the piper you get to call at least some of the tunes. And $38 billion for the next 10 years and at least $3 billion annually for the last few decades is quite a large amount for the USA to put in the Israeli hat. You'd expect to be listened to now and then.

Edited by dexterm

I am a supporter of Israel in general, but the days of carte blanche behavior in regard to expansion and settlements needs to be reigned in and quickly.   

It is time for the US to show some balls in not continuing to support this behavior.  The rest of the world sees it and has been acting accordingly.   

20 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Don't have to. Besides the mediate headline I was referring to yours 'the jig is up, Kerry ... etc.' Your conclusion is simply nonsense.

Baloney. Both the headline and the article supported my conclusion. The Israelis were telling the truth about the Obama administration orchestrating the UN resolution behind the scenes. The administration initially insinuated otherwise.

Just now, Ulysses G. said:

Did you write Mediate and tell them? I did not write the headline or tbe article.

More deflection.

This appears to be another case of a Trumpeteer who sees a headline that fits their agenda,

then hastily posted without actually reading the article...  :laugh:

24 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Baloney. Both the headline and the article supported my conclusion. The Israelis were telling the truth about the Obama administration orchestrating the UN resolution behind the scenes. The administration initially insinuated otherwise.

You're reading way too much into this and coming up with your own conclusions.  Or, those by Israel which are totally out of order.  Kerry admitted to trying to get this sorted out for this. Nothing nefarious there.  Except the vote didn't go your way.  Sorry, can't win every time.

12 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

You're reading way too much into this and coming up with your own conclusions. 

They are far from only my conclusions. Both Republicans and many Democrats are saying the same thing. Why did the Obama administration deny what they did for several days?  Kerry was forced to confess because Israel had proof otherwise and everyone knows it.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I have no answers, only questions.

How can you negotiate with a group of terrorists who say that you have no right to exist?

How can you make peace with terrorists who place a bounty on your citizens?

How can you respect terrorists who do nothing with the land they already occupy? Good citizens nurture the land and make it productive.

12 hours ago, ChidlomDweller said:

Your ethical compass is way off here.  The attitude in your first two sentences is what's disgusting to most of the world.  As for personal attacks, where do I attack you personally?  I answered you twice in 2 days with a general statement and each time you jump the gun and take it as a personal attack.  Bit less emotion and more reason and universal ethical values please.

Automatic 3 day posting ban for anyone who says that they don't like falafels because that would obviously be anti-semitic

19 minutes ago, Gary A said:

How can you negotiate with a group of terrorists who say that you have no right to exist?

How can you respect terrorists who do nothing with the land they already occupy? Good citizens nurture the land and make it productive.

Not all Palestinians are terrorists. You can't paint an entire country with a broad brush like that. 

33 minutes ago, Gary A said:

I would love to debunk every single one of your sentences. But think you are trolling in order to deflect and I fear we may be drifting off topic. Another thread another time maybe.

30 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Not all Palestinians are terrorists. You can't paint an entire country with a broad brush like that. 

Both main political parties running the government have been supportive of terrorism and Hamas in particular. The Palestinian people elected them.

17 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Both main political parties running the government have been supportive of terrorism and Hamas in particular. The Palestinian people elected them.

The same can be said of most governments around the world!  Sadly....covertly supporting their favorite terrorist organization.

14 hours ago, Morch said:

The two are not mutually exclusive. Both terrorist attacks and the illegal settlement effort are obstacles to peace. Indeed, both seem to feed each other. Not clear how "a political group does not deserve a country" was meant. Offhand it sounds like a dubious proposition.

Political group, who represent a people, who make , produce, export nothing. They live off of money, from Israel and other countries.

But what they do is promote terrorism against Israel. Israel is tired of the attacks.

18 minutes ago, Goingmad said:

Political group, who represent a people, who make , produce, export nothing. They live off of money, from Israel and other countries.

But what they do is promote terrorism against Israel. Israel is tired of the attacks.

From what I've just read, seems more Palestinians are being killed and injured than Israelis.

5 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

From what I've just read, seems more Palestinians are being killed and injured than Israelis.

From what I know about this war, which has been going on for over 30 years.

The Palestinians are happy to have 10 of their people killed ; if they can kill 1 Jew.

15 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

They are. However, they are perfectly happy to have their own people killed and do little to protect them. They often use them as human shields. The Israelis are much better soldiers and they protect their own people.

The state of Israel, as a collective, has no interest in peace. During the last election cycle Bibi himself said that there is no way Jerusalem would ever be given back so this whole 'through dialogue' is an affront to any thinking person. What will happen now? Will the state of Israel try to back up their claim that the settlements are not against international law or will they just run and hang on to the apron strings that the  U.S. has? Children