Military To Hand Over More Alleged Hackers

webfact

Military To Hand Over More Alleged Hackers

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter -

15784723_10153992077131933_1317891829_o.

Natdanai Kongdi, 19, accused of hacking a police database, was presented to reporters Monday at a police news conference.

BANGKOK — Police said Wednesday more alleged hackers will be handed over by military while a 19-year-old, arrested earlier for allegedly attacking police site, will spend the New Year’s holidays in prison.

A court Wednesday ruled Natdanai Kongdi, who is accused of hacking into a central police investigation database, a flight risk and denied him bail. He will remain in custody another 12 days until Jan. 8.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2016/12/29/military-hand-alleged-hackers/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-29

"It is common for the regime to use its special, self-granted authority to hold people for questioning in secret detention without charge if the suspected offenses are deemed by the regime to be threats to national security."

It is also very sad.

"Kritsana on Wednesday insisted Natdanai was not a scapegoat, saying he had confessed to hacking the police site and sharing screenshots of his exploits to the hacktivist page."

Were those "screenshots" in his computer or on-line ?  Being an accused 19 year old in jaunt controlled Thailand would be a scary thing.  Wonder if he had a lawyer present during questioning in that secret place. 

13 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Computer hackers should be hung, drawn, and quartered until the authorities find a more severe punishment :)

Substitute "Computer hackers" with "Junta fanboys" it reads much better.

Edited by jesimps

Hacking others computers even the Governments is or should be a crime.  Crimes have consequences and those who do it should only do so if they are prepared to pay the price.

Protest is fine and talk should be free.  I like a free internet but this in my opinion is not a way to get that.  

If on consideration they are willing to pay the price however they have my respect even if they are illadvised.

Edited by harrry

10 minutes ago, harrry said:

Hacking others computers even the Governments is or should be a crime.  Crimes have consequences and those who do it should only do so if they are prepared to pay the price.

Protest is fine and talk should be free.  I like a free internet but this in my opinion is not a way to get that.  

If on consideration they are willing to pay the price however they have my respect even if they are illadvised.

How do you suggest the disgruntled make their feelings known in any meaningful way? Gather? Not in groups more than five. Set up a Facebook page and click 'like'? No, off to the slammer for that too. A televised debate? When Hell freezes over, perhaps. So what options are out there?

Just now, baboon said:

How do you suggest the disgruntled make their feelings known in any meaningful way? Gather? Not in groups more than five. Set up a Facebook page and click 'like'? No, off to the slammer for that too. A televised debate? When Hell freezes over, perhaps. So what options are out there?

My post relating to the hacking of the computers.

Their expression of it is another matter which is covered by the second line of my post.

4 hours ago, longtom said:

It's not our fight and would be counterproductive.

Disagree.  The junta does not fear its own people.  It fears the opinions of westerner powers and the Japanese.   At the moment, they enjoy support from China.  Mind you if the government produces irrefutable and gives him due process, then so be it, but they have already locked him up in a secret military facility and it is doubtful he has seen an attorney.  Any "confession" could be considered done out of duress.  The Thailand of today is all about making choices out of either duress or ignorance. 

"It is common for the regime to use its special, self-granted authority to hold people for questioning in secret detention without charge if the suspected offenses are deemed by the regime to be threats to national security."   It is also very sad.   "Kritsana on Wednesday insisted Natdanai was not a scapegoat, saying he had confessed to hacking the police site and sharing screenshots of his exploits to the hacktivist page."   Were those "screenshots" in his computer or on-line ?  Being an accused 19 year old in jaunt controlled Thailand would be a scary thing.  Wonder if he had a lawyer present during questioning in that secret place.   

Just a randomly picked scapegoat for naming and shaming......... For FACE and DISGRACE.......

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

7 hours ago, baboon said:

They could lobby their member of parliam... Oh.

Persecuting the noobs they manage to get their hands on like this is only going to further enrage those that pose the real threat, and spur them to more damaging exploits.  Hackers aren't like the common criminal motivated simply by personal greed, and run off by fear of active enforcement.  "Hacktivism" is politically and ego driven, and as agile as the day is long.  Taking down comrades, even if just from among the cubs, will only serve to stir them up.  'Wouldn't be surprised to see an "incident" in the near term specifically in response to these arrests.

11 hours ago, baboon said:

keep your mouth shut, don't try to hack a Police Database, and live a long life without seeing the inside of a prison.

11 hours ago, baboon said:

What do they do with government web-site hackers in your country? Or, if you prefer, in DPRK?

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

smart kid.

so of course he must be destroyed.

how about thai visa starting a fund to help this kid out?

no takers? i thought not.

Who to support and how much support can we provide to the the scapegoats, downtrodden and marginalised in our world? I am bombarded by requests for financial assistance to fight the good fight against the worlds ills, I'm sorry but I just cannot afford it.

Those who could, should and have the ability to bring in the social changes so long overdue, do nothing.  The governments, financial institutions and religious orders. They take and give back so little.

More specifically to Thailand, it has been reported the  donations to the victims of the Tsunami and the fight for justice for the two Burmese men sentenced over the Koh Tao killings, portions of these funds were mismanaged if not simply stolen.

5 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

keep your mouth shut, don't try to hack a Police Database, and live a long life without seeing the inside of a prison.

So in other words do absolutely nothing and allow any old bullyboy to trample on your rights and freedoms without even voicing objections.

5 hours ago, halloween said:

What do they do with government web-site hackers in your country? Or, if you prefer, in DPRK?

What do they do with peaceful protesters in your country? Or, if you prefer, in Saudi Arabia?

23 hours ago, harrry said:

he should have delete everything he got hold of plus  change all theyr passwords ....good kid