Chinese tourist with serious heart condition found dead in Phuket hotel pool

rooster59

Chinese tourist with serious heart condition found dead in Phuket hotel pool

Eakkapop Thongtub

1483160794_1-org.jpg

Friends stand by the hotel pool after attempts to resuscitate fellow Chinese tourist Dong Jian failed. Photo: Kamala Police

PHUKET: Police are investigating the death of a 28-year-old Chinese tourist whose body was found in a hotel pool at Kamala early yesterday morning (Dec 30).

Capt Prasert Thongprom of the Kamala Police was notified of the man’s death at about 3am.

Police arrived to find the body of Chinese national Dong Jian by the hotel pool, reported Capt Prasert.

Police did not name the hotel.

“We found no marks or wounds on his body,” Capt Prasert said.

“His friends told us that Mr Dong and nine of his tour group went out for dinner at a nearby restaurant the night before, where Mr Dong drank two large bottles of beer,” he added.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-tourist-with-serious-heart-condition-found-dead-in-phuket-hotel-pool-60447.php#147ti6CtDSQhd8OU.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-01-01

Damn it  The ethyl alcohol, or ethanol in Thai beers (you know the brands) is deadly, especially if you have kidney or heart problems.  People...take note,  drink reputable imports or wine. Make sure you check labels, if it's brewed in Thailand, chances are it's got ethanol.  

4 hours ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

Damn it  The ethyl alcohol, or ethanol in Thai beers (you know the brands) is deadly, especially if you have kidney or heart problems.  People...take note,  drink reputable imports or wine. Make sure you check labels, if it's brewed in Thailand, chances are it's got ethanol.  

All wine and beer contains ethanol.  It's a natural product of fermentation.   The non-scientific name for ethanol is alcohol.

Some home made brews can contain Methanol, which is toxic when consumed.  It causes damage to the eye nerve and blindness is common.  This can be followed by death or severe poisoning as the methanol breaks down into formaldehyde.

12 hours ago, masuk said:

All wine and beer contains ethanol.  It's a natural product of fermentation.   The non-scientific name for ethanol is alcohol.

Some home made brews can contain Methanol, which is toxic when consumed.  It causes damage to the eye nerve and blindness is common.  This can be followed by death or severe poisoning as the methanol breaks down into formaldehyde.

My error.... I should have used the word added or fortified.  

4 minutes ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

My error.... I should have used the word added or fortified.  

Are you claiming that beers brewed in Thailand are fortified, as in having alcohol, i.e. ethanol, added to them, in a similar way sherry or port is fortified?

Perhaps you are claiming the quoted alcohol content is understated?

Either way, it is hard to understand your claim these beers are deadly in comparison to reputable imports which you claim are not deadly.