Bridge building

Rc2702

Hi chaps, if anyone has some useful input as always highly appreciated.

So we viewed a piece of land on the weekend which required a drive of about 500 metres to the 3 metre bridge which was closest way to get back on the road.

The chap selling the land was certain a bridge can be built without any issues.

500 metres might not sound a lot but the road/trail to reach the bridge is narrow and 1 mistake and your in the river or in a ditch. The worst thing though was the mud all over the place on the car.

I'm guessing it is not easy?

Any advice?

when you have mud  now think  how it wil look like in the rainy season.

about building a bridge, think before you start, do you need a concrete mixer truck on your building site ? if yes you need a heavy loadindex expensive  bridge.

dorget it and look for a dry piece of land. 

There's a few beauties on this particular stretch which makes me believe it is not  a water ridden concern but I can see that thin rd becoming a nightmare during rainy season.  I agree seems too much to focus on right now but the land is very nice so thought best to log it and see what Info I can gather. The bridge being the main concern.  Thanks.

The bridge is not the biggest problem. Getting to the site will require lots of fill for a wider road and many, many loads of stone. You will need a decent road for cement mixer trucks and the best bridges, for economic reasons, use prestressed girders. Large trucks will not be happy having to back up a long narrow road. I'd look for a better place.

I'm going back there this week so I'm going to take an image or two. It's not a priority this place but I think it's worth discussing and it's local so I will update. 

Access to the site would be 500 metres away using a very thin narrow 1 car width dirt rd. Was a hairy drive that took aprox 5/7 minutes due to slow cautious speed.

What title does the land have?

What is your intended use for the land, farm something or build a home?

Who will own the road and the bridge (and the land either side). If it's not you will they be amenable to the necessary upgrades and is there an easement in place for continued access?

As others have noted, if it's muddy now it's going to be 4x4 country in the wet season.

How about getting power? Water?

The view must be stunning to be still considering.

6 minutes ago, Crossy said:

What title does the land have?

What is your intended use for the land, farm something or build a home?

Who will own the road and the bridge (and the land either side). If it's not you will they be amenable to the necessary upgrades and is there an easement in place for continued access?

As others have noted, if it's muddy now it's going to be 4x4 country in the wet season.

How about getting power? Water?

The view must be stunning to be still considering.

Chanote title.

Family home build

No idea about easement or ownership either side of water.

Power etc already in place existing house of current owner on land also but he wants to move it to other part of farm.

The land is a good location not the best view but would accomodate our needs long term. 

Is it right that your considering the possibility of building a bridge between land that you don't know who owns or has rights to?
If so, I would be very wary about this whole idea and not feel at all comfortable in attempting to sort out this legal minefield especially in this 'wild west' style legal system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Is it right that your considering the possibility of building a bridge between land that you don't know who owns or has rights to?
If so, I would be very wary about this whole idea and not feel at all comfortable in attempting to sort out this legal minefield especially in this 'wild west' style legal system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dilligad.

A lot of good questions being raised on the topic and we are local so no harm finding out. It's long ball game that's all. Given the issues I don't see that land shifting anytime soon so any excuse to show interest and demonstrate the lack of value or lack of awareness by the seller points at one outcome eventually. Discount. If the price was right sure we'd buy it and showing our face and presenting some new info may do the trick if he has no interest and banks on his case.