More Bangkok homes under police care this year

webfact

More Bangkok homes under police care this year

BANGKOK, 2 January 2017 (NNT) - Many Bangkokians have joined the Royal Thai Police's home-safety program, leaving their houses in the hands of the police while they are away on holidays. 

Assistant national police chief Pol Lt Gen Suwira Songmetta and a team of police officers from Bangsue Police Station visited homes registered under the home-safety program. 

One of the houses belonged to a former actor, Yuthapichai Charnlekha, who left his home to the police on December 29th last year and returned from his trip yesterday. Yuthapichai expressed his satisfaction with the program and said he would use the police service again. 

Pol Lt Gen Suwira and his retinue later traveled to Paholyothin soi 4 Road to check on Bangkok Equipment & Chemical Co., Ltd, whose owner also participated in the program. 

The assistant to the national police chief said the number of people joining the home safety program totaled 7,654 which is an increase by 1,500 people from the previous year. 

Under the program, the police provide home and building owners updates on their properties via Line Application. Around 200 of those in the program have already returned from their holiday vacations.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-01-02

1 minute ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i pay the cops 1000thb/month to keep an eye on my business. they asked for 2000thb/month i was able to get it down to 1000thb. i suspect the thai price would be 500thb and houses may be cheaper.

But all they do is sign the book in the red box once a day.

There 2 minutes maximum.

2 minutes ago, the guest said:

In any other normal country, the Police would do this as part of their job description, to prevent crime. But this is Thailand, and the country is a very 'special' place!

As long as you pay they promise not to rob YOUR place  :shock1:

20 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

think that red letterbox is a good deterant. only one theft since we started paying and they actually investigated it rather than ignoring it like they have in the past.

I used to pay too, however, the highlighted part of your quote is the sad part, as the poster above states.

1 hour ago, the guest said:

In any other normal country, the Police would do this as part of their job description, to prevent crime. But this is Thailand, and the country is a very 'special' place!

Tell me in what country the police will personally check your house while your away. Broken into years ago called up the coppers he took a report but I could tell he wanted to be away. I asked him whats up you want to get out of here, yes he says we got an incident down the road I want to get into. I signed the report and said go some service

1 hour ago, moe666 said:

Tell me in what country the police will personally check your house while your away. Broken into years ago called up the coppers he took a report but I could tell he wanted to be away. I asked him whats up you want to get out of here, yes he says we got an incident down the road I want to get into. I signed the report and said go some service

You never heard of officers on the beat ?

4 hours ago, the guest said:

I agree, it's what the police gets salary for...do they also pay tax over that extra income?

We pay for our own security guards, they are here 24 hrs and also have to sign a book in every street. Or they do it digitally i believe, they race to that pole (without looking at the houses) and race to the next street...mostly on a motocy so they can go watch tv in their booth.

49 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

While PM Prayut turns a baggy eye to the corrupt RPT who go about their weekly duty of collecting "insurance".

I guess that's part of the Thailand 4.0 update. If you want policeprotection you pay extra and directly to them. Trust us we're Thai.

8 hours ago, Bantex said:

But did they catch the thief ?

thief was a polish guy, we had some good CCTV footage of him. he left the country after the robbery. his thai wife turned up at my shop looking for him a few days later. he was the guy who used to own happy 3 wheeler in pattaya. apparently he had borrowed money from her. would be surprised if he will be back in pattaya any time soon. be good to run into him again.

13 hours ago, the guest said:

in the UK they  dont  even  come  out  anymore