Canal Road today...what's going on?

Wopanese

56 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

You think that's bad. I went to Central Festival today and there were zero parking spaces in the whole multi storey car park. Even the access and exit ramps were gridlocked. Nightmare.

Promenada is my mall of choice, but then I am anti-social!

It was sparsely frequented this afternoon, although Dukes looked full.

1 hour ago, NotEinstein said:

Promenada is my mall of choice, but then I am anti-social!

It was sparsely frequented this afternoon, although Dukes looked full.

If you are not shopping at Rimping or Chi Chang (which are both very good - don't get me wrong), or off to see a film, what else could you possibly shop for there? A cup of coffee? In the last 3 months at least 6 more businesses in there have failed. There is hardly anything left.

11 hours ago, elektrified said:

If you are not shopping at Rimping or Chi Chang (which are both very good - don't get me wrong), or off to see a film, what else could you possibly shop for there? A cup of coffee? In the last 3 months at least 6 more businesses in there have failed. There is hardly anything left.

I guess in my, what most would see as, perverse preference, this makes Promenada better!

We never go to a mall to 'shop'.

We needed some cash, so went to the Italian for lunch, knowing there would be no holiday 'crush'.

I guess it might be something about University Graduations ?
My girlfriend has graduation this week, an couple of day of practices starting today. She finished Rajabhat University, and graduation will take place behind Mae-Rim. Canal road is the best access road to Mae-Rim. I don't know about other universities ? My gf supposed to have graduation couple of months ago, but as King died, it was postponed and will take place this week.
New King is arriving to Chiang Mai for this graduation, and maybe even he is already in Chiang Mai.