Just Moved To Chiang Mai

Hey guys. looking for some advice. i have just moved to chang mai. have been in thailand since april. im on a 30 day visa. i have to do a border run on tues then that will be my 3 runs finished as you may all know that the immigration law has changed since the 1st oct, 3 runs and your out. anyway i have a thai girlfriend and she is having my baby. the baby is not due until june and i know i can get a year visa then. in the meantime what can i do. looking for suggestons and advice please help guys thanks.Marshall

Hey guys. looking for some advice. i have just moved to chang mai. have been in thailand since april. im on a 30 day visa. i have to do a border run on tues then that will be my 3 runs finished as you may all know that the immigration law has changed since the 1st oct, 3 runs and your out. anyway i have a thai girlfriend and she is having my baby. the baby is not due until june and i know i can get a year visa then. in the meantime what can i do. looking for suggestons and advice please help guys thanks.Marshall

Simplest thing to do is marry her. Then your one year visa extensions only call for 400,00 per year income.

Your options:

1. Get a job with an employer who helps you obtain a Non Immigrant Business visa, often called a Non-B.

2. Get married to your girlfriend and apply at a Thai embassy abroad for a Non Immigrant O (Other) visa, based on support of Thai spouse.

3. Go back home for three months, then you can come back again.

Your girlfriend is having your baby and you haven't bothered checking this until now? You need to be a little more alert than that.

Simplest thing to do is marry her. Then your one year visa extensions only call for 400,00 per year income.

The new rules for Non Immigrant O require proof of employment plus a combined household income of at least 40,000 baht per month. A one time transfer of 400,000 in the bank is no longer an option as I understand it.

OT: Marshal, would you like to keep this in the Chiang Mai forum or would you like it moved to the visa section? The people in the visa section usually have more updated info on what rules apply for visas. Your situation is not really particular to Chiang Mai.

The new rules for Non Immigrant O require proof of employment plus a combined household income of at least 40,000 baht per month. A one time transfer of 400,000 in the bank is no longer an option as I understand it.

OT: Marshal, would you like to keep this in the Chiang Mai forum or would you like it moved to the visa section? The people in the visa section usually have more updated info on what rules apply for visas. Your situation is not really particular to Chiang Mai.

Can i not go to another country and get a 60 day tourist visa, please could you move this post to the visa section thanks

Your options:

1. Get a job with an employer who helps you obtain a Non Immigrant Business visa, often called a Non-B.

2. Get married to your girlfriend and apply at a Thai embassy abroad for a Non Immigrant O (Other) visa, based on support of Thai spouse.

Your girlfriend is having your baby and you haven't bothered checking this until now? You need to be a little more alert than that.

From what I understand, you can go to KL and get a single entry visa and come back without waiting 3 months (I hope). Or lots of us are up sh!t creek.

Your options:

From what I understand, you can go to KL and get a single entry visa and come back without waiting 3 months (I hope). Or lots of us are up sh!t creek.

Can i get a single entry visa if i go to burma.

Your options:

Can i get a single entry visa if i go to burma.

I went to Rangoon 2 -3 years back to get a one year visa. They had told me in an e-mail that they would do so. (the other half is Thai "and we are married)

Got to Rangoon, went to the embassy, had all the documents, made out the application, paid my money.

When I went back to get my passport (and visa) they had only given me 6 months.

I could not get to see the big banana (he wouldn't come to the desk)

Returned to Thailand, and subsequent e-mails to the embassy in Rangoon were never answered. TIT "in Rangoon"

Spent time looking around Rangoon, visiting Swedagon and a few other places. Enjoyed my stay but soured with the embassy. //remove unacceptable language - lopburi3//

I wouldn't go to Rangoon again for other than a visit.

Edited by lopburi3

anyway i have a thai girlfriend and she is having my baby. the baby is not due until june and i know i can get a year visa then.

Different people use “a year visa” to mean different things.

As the father of an illegitimate Thai child you can most probably get a multiple-entry non-O visa from a Thai consulate in your home country for the purpose of visiting your child, but unless you are over 50 years old you cannot – under current rules – get an annual extension of stay from your local immigration office.

--

Maestro

Hey Marshall, Welcome to Chiangmai buddy!

Don't mind all the squab-hiller gets posted on this here forum partner. Sure you can get a 2 month TV in another country. I got my last one in Rangoon and though i've heard other folks had problems there myself i got a TV for 25$ U.S. and flew back to Chiangmai to try and sort out a marriage visa of my own and that seems to going smooth as Thai silk. Yes sir, i wouldn't worry about a thing. However if the option is available to you i would consider going and getting that TV now before taking that third run and then at least you got that third run to fall back on in case something goes wrong know what i mean? Anyhoo, i'm sure you'll be just right as rain. Don't sweat a thing kid. keep your wits about you and you'll be all right. Decent folks will always be welcome in the land of Smile!! :o