Lampang immigration

According to immigrations own new rules then extensions should be made in the province where you stay but still it seems some immigration checkpoints don't accept to do extensions... Mae Sod refused to extend because I live in Sukhothai and in Sukothai they told me to go to Mae Sod because they were not ready yet... in the end I had to start over and go to Laos for a new visa.

Yes they now do extensions. However you must live in Lampang province to use it. Same goes for all immigration offices (you must live in the province ) now or so the officer told me at Lampang immigration. 

There is only one officer handling extensions currently in Lampang   and she is severely backed up. You must go in and book an appointment at least a month in advance of your final day.

It's located in the Police investigations building near the court house.

Have your TM 30 in your passport or you will be fined.

• Like 1

I just successfully extended my tourist visa with another 30 days. Sad thing is my gf didn't report that I was staying in her house,  which costed her (me)  another 1600 baht.  Thanks for all replies 

IMG_20170105_115116.jpg

• 1 year later...

Update to this thread after 1+ year of inactivity. The number in the photo is no longer working. Today my girlfriend called 054-209-534 and a female Thai Immigration staff answered. She confirmed this was the number for Lampang Immigration Office, but she couldn't confirm the business hours. Apparently,  they are open Monday thru Friday, but they open and close the office when they choose. We called to ask about changing my tourist visa to a marriage visa, as we plan to marry after I return to Thailand next month. They said they could do this in Lampang, as I will be staying in Lampang.

One additional note: My girlfriend told the female staff that, when I return to Thailand, I will stay overnight at friend's house in Bangkok before going to Lampang next day. The female staff said that I must file a TM30 with Bangkok Immigration office before leaving Bangkok, and provide new TM30 in Lampang upon arrival. Does anyone know if a TM30 can be submitted online? Otherwise, I don't see how travelers can comply with such bureaucratic nonsense.

9 minutes ago, dpspike said:

One additional note: My girlfriend told the female staff that, when I return to Thailand, I will stay overnight at friend's house in Bangkok before going to Lampang next day. The female staff said that I must file a TM30 with Bangkok Immigration office before leaving Bangkok,

Would your stay at the your friends residence be more than 24 hours. It is within 24 hours of arrival at the residence that the report is due.

I cannot see any immigration enforcing such a short stay. There is likely no way to do the report before you leave Bangkok.

Online reporting is for businesses unless your immigration office registers you for it.

Thai Immigration being unreasonable is something that strikes you as odd? 555 I'm telling you what Immigration in Lampang told us. No my stay in Bangkok will not be more than 24 hours, but my passport will obviously be stamped on the day I arrive in Bangkok, not when I arrive in Lampang which might be too late (within 24 h arrival in BKK) to make it to Lampang Immigration before they close (since can't be sure about business hours) to submit TM30 in person. That's actually how the topic of business hours came up in the discussion. Just reporting information that other farang in my situation might wish to know in advance, so they can arrange their travel schedule accordingly. As for me, I'm thinking an earlier flight out of DMK is in order. BTW, I found the website for submitting TM30 (https://extranet.immigration.go.th/), but yes, seems submitting as the farang seems unlikely.

The push for TM30 seems to be a recent phenomenon. I lived in Thailand 2011-2014, and Immigration never asked for it. Perhaps a discussion best left to a thread on TM30 itself.

The TM30 form is due 24 hours from arriving at the reported residence not your arrival in the country.

From the TM30 form

"1. แจ้งภายใน 24 นับแต่คนต่างด้าวเข้าพักอาศัย
MUST NOTIFY WITHIN 24 HOURS FROM THE TIME OF ARRIVING AT THE RESIDENCE"

Thanks for pointing that it's within 24 hours of arrival at residence. The discussion seemed to center on the date my passport will be stamped in Bangkok, not when I arrive in Lampang. Apparently, the staff is wanting a TM30 to cover each and every day I am in Thailand, not just when I arrive at final destination. I agree it's hair splitting. But I think better to avoid their over interpretation than to make issue of it with them.

4 hours ago, dpspike said:

Thanks for pointing that it's within 24 hours of arrival at residence. The discussion seemed to center on the date my passport will be stamped in Bangkok, not when I arrive in Lampang. Apparently, the staff is wanting a TM30 to cover each and every day I am in Thailand, not just when I arrive at final destination. I agree it's hair splitting. But I think better to avoid their over interpretation than to make issue of it with them.

Wonder what they expect you to do if you arrive in Thailand on a Saturday: break into the immigration office and process your Own TM30, perhaps?