UK: Man dies in police M62 shooting in Huddersfield

webfact

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

It is an unfortunate truth that there are a lot of bigoted, racist, anti immigration immigrants posting on TVF; so you are no doubt correct.

So your saying that the vast majority of posters and the population are wrong ,but a couple of left wing ,guys like yourself are right , ? typical left wing tactic .

in fact at the moment there is a case where 3 black guys torture a non black guy on facebook , its terrible , where are the "white lives matter brigade, or the massive riots in the streets or the left wing luvvies outpouring their grief on twatter (no i didnt spell it wrong) if the roles had been reversed , hypocrites one and all .

Edited by i claudius

7 hours ago, i claudius said:

So your saying that the vast majority of posters and the population are wrong ,but a couple of left wing ,guys like yourself are right , ? typical left wing tactic .

You are very fond of accusing others of twisting your words; but it's something you are a master at; as the above comment proves.

Just because the majority support a view doesn't make it right. At the risk of someone invoking Godwin's law, I'll remind you that the majority of Germans supported Hitler.

Not that the majority of the UK population share your Islamaphobia anyway.

in fact at the moment there is a case where 3 black guys torture a non black guy on facebook , its terrible , where are the "white lives matter brigade, or the massive riots in the streets or the left wing luvvies outpouring their grief on twatter (no i didnt spell it wrong) if the roles had been reversed , hypocrites one and all .

An appalling crime, but nothing to do with this topic.

So all I will say is that you should expand your sources; you'll find plenty of condemnation.

20 hours ago, DipStick said:

Regarding all reports from the UK media this piece of <deleted> was a well established drug dealer and total thug who believed he was above the law. Yes he was a hypocritical Muslim who admits to partying with alcohol, he and his fello thugs were known to use firearms as a deterrent. Only last week he used a firearm to intimidate a woman.

all of the public outpouring of grief is laughable, he is now in the right place and out of danger to the public. I say a big well done to the UK police and long may there aggression continue 

The 'public outpouring of grief' comes from his friends and family.

Not unprecedented; remember the thousands who attended the funerals of the Krays, for example?

An appalling crime, but nothing to do with this topic.

So all I will say is that you should expand your sources; you'll find plenty of condemnation.

Plenty of condemnation? Where are the white lives matter t shirts,riots , public figures ranting on tv that black men tortured a white special needs boy ,preachers telling us "white lives matter," demonstrations outside police stations ,like when it is the other way around or luvvie singers and actors condemning "black"violence. Please point us to the headlines

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, i claudius said:

Plenty of condemnation? Where are the white lives matter t shirts,riots , public figures ranting on tv that black men tortured a white special needs boy ,preachers telling us "white lives matter," demonstrations outside police stations ,like when it is the other way around or luvvie singers and actors condemning "black"violence. Please point us to the headlines

From Black lives matter Facebook page

What happened to the young man who was held captive and tortured is terrible and we condemn the violence that was perpetrated against him. We've stated time and time again, that we're against all types of harm and violence perpetrated and we've never condoned it.

The outrage by groups like Black Lives Matter to which you object is because crimes against Black people in America so often goes unpunished; especially when the perpetrators of such violence are law enforcement officers.

In this case, the perpetrators were swiftly arrested and charged.

KING: Stop using the attack on a mentally challenged white man in Chicago to promote a racist agenda against Black Lives Matter

I speak out on injustice. What happened to this man in Chicago was terrible. It was criminal. I hate it, but guess what — justice was swift. It was miraculously swift.

Justice is always swift and easy when black folk mess up, but you know who’s not in jail right now? George Zimmerman.

You know who’s not in jail right now? The officers who fired 41 shots at and killed Amadou Diallo on the doorstep of his Bronx home.

You know who’s not in jail right now? The officers who killed Eric Garner and Rekia Boyd.

If the media you prefer has not reported this and other examples, one has to wonder why.

Can we get back on topic, now?

If the media you prefer has not reported this and other examples, one has to wonder why.

Oh that's ok then ,there's a facebook page,I didn't realize ,yawn

30 minutes ago, i claudius said:

Oh that's ok then ,there's a facebook page,I didn't realize ,yawn

Not just a Facebook page!

You bemoaned the lack of condemnation on social media; I gave you one example of such condemnation.

What has this to do with the subject of this topic? Nothing. 

On 03/01/2017 at 7:36 AM, Andrew65 said:

The operation was pre-planned, with guns.

The police didn't set out with the intention of killing someone, subsequent events led to this.

Manslaughter or judicial homicide would be my worst-case-guess, if any charges were brought at all.

It was recently reported that many police in the UK are reluctant to become firearms officers, one of the main reasons being the possible legal/career consequences of shooting someone.

I recall a police shooting of Gail Kinchin in 1980

Gail Kinchin had been taken hostage by David Keith Pagett, the abusive, violent and controlling father of her unborn child.

Pagett took 16-year-old Gail to a flat in Deelands Road, Rubery. For two hours Pagett was holed up in the flat, ignoring appeals to give himself up.

In a desperate attempt to escape, Pagett had used Gail as a shield and opened fire with his 12-bore shotgun at officers in the stairwell of the block

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/tragedy-of-accidental-shooting-155799

From what I heard the police involved were very upset about it, apart from having to face inquires that would have questioned ever decision they made, they will have to sleep with it for the rest of their lives,  he got 12 years and probably was out in 6, and he probably has no remorse. 

Yes, I can understand how a intelligent police officer ideal candidate for the firearms unit would not want the job. 

Edited by Basil B

Do any of you read the international Press. The U.K. Is awash with media stories of how these lovely guys are well looked after. BULLSHIT an ex RM , A Chelsea pensioner has been interrogated for four hours  over his supposedly MURDER of an IRA assassin. To understand this garbage you have to have been there, I was !

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

which is a major drug dealer and would be murderer was rightly shot while armed by the Police, it's about time the Police was actually a force to protect people instead of a branch of the social services. The officer deserves the thanks of decent people in the area, his family are deluded and as usual playing the victim card, at which their sort are so good at.

The story I am responding to refers to an ex Royal marine  who is now a Chelsea Pensioner that has been interrogated by the soft tktties accusing him of murder, this when he was ordered to carry out his Dufy... And guess who was next to him when this happens. I saw it all and also added a few rounds . This is not open to discussion .... You desk top Warriors were  not there I WAS 

4 hours ago, i claudius said:

Ok,I give in ,facebook outweighs everything else. Except of course if there was a piece in the Guardian right one off to eat my tofu

I see, posts on social media which you can use to support your views are a proper source; whilst posts on social media which prove you wrong are to be ignored or ridiculed.

I'm not surprised; it's the same tactic you use with all other media.

BTW, I didn't just quote from the Black Lives Matter Facebook page; but you seem to be ignoring that fact; again, I'm not surprised.

I am not asking for an arguement, which you seem to be inviting, but when a real self dangerous bass arse is taken down,now can you protect him. He was evil,  he was a bully, he was an arrogant human being, yet you protect him ? Wow !

2 hours ago, thai3 said:

which is a major drug dealer and would be murderer was rightly shot while armed by the Police, it's about time the Police was actually a force to protect people instead of a branch of the social services. The officer deserves the thanks of decent people in the area, his family are deluded and as usual playing the victim card, at which their sort are so good at.

So are you saying that you believe the police should have the right to act as judge, jury and executioner?

As I said earlier

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:42 AM, 7by7 said:

Of course the police have the right, nay duty, to fire if they believe that their life or those of members of the public are in danger; but God forbid Paul Weller's lyric "In the city there's a thousand men in uniform/And I hear they now have the right to kill a man" should become the normality and we live in a country where they have the automatic right to shoot first regardless.

Please tell us; what about that do you disagree with, and why?

In the UK armed police are specially selected, highly trained and have a difficult job; they have to make a spilt second decision under pressure. I have a large amount of admiration for them. Unfortunately, they do not always get it right when they decide to open fire.

Two notorious examples being the Death of Harry Stanley and the Death of Jean Charles de Menezes

Whether the officers in Yaqub's case made the right decision is for the inquest and IPS to decide

He was a drug dealer.
He was an office clerk that posted numerous pics of himself next to all his super cars on Facebook.
He laundered all his drug dealing money by purchase of super cars.
He was cleared of attempted murder because of intimidating the prosecutions key witness.
He was a Muslim immigrant that took full advantage of the UK's lax immigration laws.
My question is.......why did it take 7 years for him to continue to peddle life destroying drugs to British citizens before police reacted?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

34 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Facebook ? Twitter ? Never used it, always relied on the open media. Can I ask are you a total Twitter or are you just ignorant ! 

I'm assuming this and your subsequent post are directed at me as they immediately follow a post of mine and are not addressed to anyone else.

My remarks about social media are part of an ongoing conversation with I Claudius, which even if you had not read the previous exchanges I thought would have been obvious by my using a quote from him.

31 minutes ago, DipStick said:

I am not asking for an arguement, which you seem to be inviting, but when a real self dangerous bass arse is taken down,now can you protect him. He was evil,  he was a bully, he was an arrogant human being, yet you protect him ? Wow !

Where have I posted anything which is in anyway way attempting to protect, defend or excuse Yaqub?

Where have I attempted to make any accusations against the officers who opened fire?

I don't know the full facts; neither do you. As I said,

9 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Whether the officers in Yaqub's case made the right decision is for the inquest and IPS to decide

Do you not agree?

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I'm assuming this and your subsequent post are directed at me as they immediately follow a post of mine and are not addressed to anyone else.

My remarks about social media are part of an ongoing conversation with I Claudius, which even if you had not read the previous exchanges I thought would have been obvious by my using a quote from him.

Where have I posted anything which is in anyway way attempting to protect, defend or excuse Yaqub?

Where have I attempted to make any accusations against the officers who opened fire?

I don't know the full facts; neither do you. As I said,

Do you not agree?

Sorry 7 by 7 i also do not use or read twitter and as for facebook all i see is my family on it , never get or read anything else , i read the papers and the only posting i do is on there or on here , so having a "facebook page" condeming something is about as much use as a chocolate spoon .

Sorry 7 by 7 i also do not use or read twitter and as for facebook all i see is my family on it , never get or read anything else , i read the papers and the only posting i do is on there or on here , so having a "facebook page" condeming something is about as much use as a chocolate spoon .

You asked

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:58 AM, i claudius said:

(7by7 emphasis)

That you don't use social media much is irrelevant; you asked where was the condemnation, I gave you two examples, one from Facebook the other from the print/online media.

As I have already said to you

18 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I see, posts on social media which you can use to support your views are a proper source; whilst posts on social media which prove you wrong are to be ignored or ridiculed.

I'm not surprised; it's the same tactic you use with all other media.

BTW, I didn't just quote from the Black Lives Matter Facebook page; but you seem to be ignoring that fact; again, I'm not surprised.