Affirmation for marriage British Embassy...

thelongshoot

Hello people.  I have an appintment with the embassy tomorow to get an affirmation cert for freedom to marry.  Once i have this document, i need to get it translated at an official Thai translation place.  Any ideas where that might be, close to the embassy?  And would I need an appointment?

Many thanks for your help - TLS

Your next step is translation then have the translation certified at ministry of foreign affairs, lots of translation services at MFA and if there is something wrong with the translation it can be quickly rectified.

I had been there before. Tips: You don't need an official translator. If you got friends that are fluent in both language, he/she could help you with it. Just need to sign, write her full name, ID and contact number below the letter or forms. Better to have your friends come along with you. In MFA there are many ready template form to fill up. The MFA might ask you whether you prefer to collect urgently, as usual give them money to speed up. Otherwise you need to pick up the next day or couples of days later.

There is a place just across the road from the embassy in a small mall, slightly back towards the Sukhamvit, where there is a place on the 1st floor. We were approached as we left the embassy and the guy arranged everything for us including wedding, registration of marriage with embassy plus translations for 10,000 baht 3 years ago. Only thing slightly hard was we didn't get married in an amphor, it was some kind of registration office, so when we later changed my wife's surname to mine we had to travel back to the registration office as it couldn't be changed at the local amphor.

Edited by sandrabbit

Across the road there is a office building with some shops if you go up stairs, as you walk towards the exit that takes you to the footbridge across the road you will see a a translation office. He will also for an extra fee take it to the ministry too. Take a copy of your wife's blue book so he can the spelling of her name right and her address. Use the address in the blue book even if she lives some where else. 

My friend used the one in the ministry building it was slow and they messed up the translation twice ( Grammar and spelling). 

As many have said MFA have loads there.

If your not in a massive hurry and like me when I went couldn't be bothered with all the hassle I got the affirmation from Embassy went home then next day found an agent local and let him get it sorted cost 3000 bht. Had it back in 5 days. No hassle people will say you can do it yourself yes of course you can. But I just found it so much easier it's just another avenue.